main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Any Winnipegers?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Darev, May 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Darev

Darth_Darev Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2001
    There should be a Winnipeg Star Wars club or something! I know you guys are out there!

2. Darth-Mauls-Torso

Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I'm from the 'Peg. Not sure I'd join a fan club, though.

3. Col_Kiwi

Col_Kiwi Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    i don't like fan clubs. however, im a winnpegger. :)

4. Fode-n-beed

Fode-n-beed Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    well i am not from winnipeg but i live near by. there are 4 of us here in our little town who would love to join or start the club. all i need is a little info to get started. oh and are there any more of us going to celebration 2 in may. all 4 of us are heading down.

5. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Aye, one more Winnipegger here.

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Known Winnipeggers:

Winnipeg Area
    BigV =
    Col_Kiwi = name unknown, age unknown, Winnipeg
    Darth_Darev = Lauren, 15, Winnipeg
    Darth-Mauls-Torso = name unknown, 19, Winnipeg
    Fode-n-beed = name unknown, age unknown, Winnipeg
    Rebmit = name unknown, 23, Winnipeg
    Riley Man = Ryan Robinson, 26, Winnipeg
    wizzardfire = name unknown, age unknown, Winnipeg
    E_Greyshadow = Roman, 20, Winnipeg

Send them all a PM introducing yourself and ask them to join you here.

7. BigV

BigV Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    Another Pegger in the house.

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Welcome "BigV"!!!

Do you have a real name?

Send me a PM if you would rather not give it out on the boards.

My name is Chris Leigh.

9. Komodo

Komodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Hello! Oh and if you are who I think you are then we're at the same school!

10. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    Winnipegger here. Fan Club? There was one store in Winnipeg that had the most Star Wars memoribilia I have ever seen. They are closed now because the fan base in Winnipeg isn't that great. I am a devout Star Wars fan. Having a club that puts us true fans in the same breathe as Trekkies and the like wouldn't do the followers justice...But, that's just me.

Heck, I still have my twin size sheets from 1977 in storage. Diecast Landspeeder, and many other keepsakes from the best part of my childhood. I wouldn't classify myself as a collector. More of an searcher.

This is my first time using this forum. I plan on using MSN chat to start a Winnipeg Based Chat Room...When I get my butt in gear, I will post the room.

May the Force be with you!

11. E_Greyshadow

Mar 11, 2001
    Are you talking about Hollywood Toy & Poster? Actually, Les didn't really close up because of lack of sales - he's now working with Steve Sansweet.

12. BigV

BigV Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    Actually, Les never closed, he became partners with the guys from Galaxy Comics on Henderson Highway. In fact, he is back in Winnipeg. If you go to the upstairs part of Galaxy, you can find him there. That is where most of the Star Wars stuff is.

13. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    Good to know! I'll check it out on my way home!

I have created a room on MSN for such chat topics in the Entertainment section:

http://chat.msn.ca/chatroom.msnw?rhx=25235468655C62466F7263652E6E657427735C62636F6D6D656E745C62726F6F6D&rhx1=%2554%2568%2565%2520%2546%256F%2572%2563%2565%252E%256E%2565%2574%2527%2573%2520%2563%256F%256D%256D%2565%256E%2574%2520%2572%256F%256F%256D

The Force.net's comment room

If I have to clear the room, will someone just recreate it...let's get a real AOTC chat going on. There was only three of us today, an hour after creating and posting in here. Spread the word.

14. BigBadBlah

BigBadBlah Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2000
    I'm a former Saskatchewan boy transplanted to Morden.... is that close enough?

15. Darth_Darev

Darth_Darev Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2001
    Has anyone been to Edomonton here? Is there any SW stuff in the West Edomonton Mall?

Must buy SW stuff...

16. E_Greyshadow

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, you can always try Spencer's.

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    There's a good chance of me moving to Winnipeg this summer. You should start a FF chapter! You have enough people. I'll join, if and when I get there.

18. agent_john_utah

agent_john_utah Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    I happen to be a fellow Winnipeger and MSWG member who has luckily stumbled onto this forum at the right time, and welcome anybody else in the city to come down to the All Your Base Cafe on the corner of Pembina Hwy and Crane; above the Cock and Mussel pub.

We meet every Monday evening between 4pm and 2am, to play SW D6 RPG, play X-BOX, and just hangout...

The Manitoba Star Wars Guild is getting stuff organized right now for Episode II, but the theatres don't know what's happening yet much either; I'm still wondering why the release date for AOTC is THURSDAY May 16th. Not Wednesday of Friday?!

Also our website will be up soon @ www.mswg.net

19. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Tell us more about the Manitoba Star Wars Guild.

How many members do you have? How often do you meet?

20. TheRealOfortuna

TheRealOfortuna Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    *sigh*
    What a day...

Hi! I'm Ofortuna, President of the Manitoba Star Wars Guild. We're Manitoba's Star Wars Connetion, and certainly one of the Larger Star Wars Clubs in Canada; We have 260+ Members internationally, and 60+ local (I'm still pushing on the local end of things here...). The earliest beginings of the MSWG can be traced back to June of 1982. It wasn't unitll 1998 / 1999 that we started to push for public membership. We hold at least one event per month, and are always looking for new members or ambassadores (i.e; those members out of province or city), so if anyone wants, drop us a line; hope to hear form you soon! Write me for more information at ofortuna@shaw.ca -- Thanks Agent Utah, for the post!

21. Boba_Darzel

Boba_Darzel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    My father used to live in the peg, i used to come out every summer and christmas i love it. Specially the bombers and the jets, how i miss them.
    Winnipeg rules.

22. Master_Sunstar

Master_Sunstar Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Yup...Im a 'pegger too. Osbourne village to be precise...

23. Mission

Mission Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2001
    I am Russell Loewen, a 'pegger too. Looking forward to the ticket line but dreading the weather I feel will surround it. At least the temperature wasn't that bad last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.