main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any World War II experts out there?? I could use some help....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Fluke_Groundwalker, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm working on a STAR WARS/World War II story, because I hadn't seen any, and I was wondering if there were any World War II history buffs that could help me out.

Of course, you will be given credit.

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I know some stuff about WWII, Fluke; mostly the Eurpoean-North Atlantic Theater. World War II saw the birth of the Airborn Rangers, the largest counterinvasion-offensive in modern mechanized history known to many as D-Day, but strategically called Operation: Overlord, where Allied Forces stormed the beaches of Normandy and Omaha Beach, France.

It would lead to the Battle of the Bulge, in which U.S. troops, in the worst winter in European history with no real food, no real winter clothing, very little munitions, pushed back and eventually broke through the Nazi-Germany Axis lines. There were key battles elsewhere; in Africa, the furtherest of the Axis expanse, a general tank commander named Romel not only invented tank warfare, but reinvented it over and over again. Until eventually he too had to fall back against overwelming odds.

Espionage: tons of it. Especially in the area where the original A-Bomb was being developed: what made this interesting was that even the Allied Forces were in competition with one another over such information. And let's not forget the plots to kill world leaders: near the end of the European Conflicts, Axis and Nazi-Germany leader(and madman) Adolf Hitler was in the cross hairs of his own generals, but none of the plots were carried out properly.

If you got any more questions, let me know and I'll see what I can do, especially in regards to the Pacific Theater.

3. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I could give you tons of info on any air war in any theater. You know my ICQ, Fluke. ;)

4. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    My area of knowledge is primarily the war at sea and the Pacific with some knowledge for North Africa, Scandinavia, and Western Europe. Less for Italy, the Eastern Front and CBI theater.

PM any questions.

5. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    At one point I was considering doing a story about a Star Wars fighter pilot who somehow ended up in the middle of the Battle of Britain.

6. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Right now, I could use an expert on the Pacific Theater. First one to reply, is the person I'll use for help.

7. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I'll do it, but any of these other people seem like they could also be of some use and a great asset to your story...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.