main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Anyone collects LEGO SW Minifigs?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by HumsupFett, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    I find them very cute and have collected a few. But the clonetrooper will be hard to come by since it only comes with the Gunship set that cost $199.9 each :eek:

2. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    so this is gonna be the SW lego thread? cool.
    i saw the display at carrefour which showcase the republic gunship and it looks cool. but to buy it at such high price and having to build it up for display...i think im gonna wait for awhile longer when HASBRO release X-Wing and the republic gun-ship under the AOTC line. but im buying the lego AT-ST walker that comes with a lego chewie, its simplier for me. LOL!

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I only got the loose Royal Guard and that Palpatine-Vader-Maul Figure w/ Stands. The first gotten from Falcon Hanger some time back and wish I can get Vader and Maul too but they were sold out. :_|

Ya, they are very cute but very expansive in Singapore. :( Hmm, is it just me or the AOTC 2-3 figures and 1 small vehicle set really cost $16.90? I saw that the Yoda, Dooku and his speeder cost that much only compared to QGJ, Maul his Sith Speeder which were more costing. :eek:

4. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    LEGO pricing nowadays are much higher than when they first release. I remember buying the Speeder Bike set that comes with 2 Biker Scout and a Endor Luke only cost $19 each. Now the Dooku Yoda set are going at $27.9, almost a $8 jump.
    The set I really want is Anakin and Tusken Raider... again at $27.9 each.
    Well, I think though they are expensive, it still cost lesser than the Hasbro figs ;)

One lobang for you guys, Simply Toys at Far East Plaza are selling minifigs but IMO, they are still quite expensive... Clonetrooper going at $29.9 each :eek: But they sells their LEGO sets (w/o minifigs) quite cheaply... I bot the EWOK ATTACK set at only $5.9 :)

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm..I have quite a few Lego figures:

Qui Gon
    Jar Jar
    Battle Droids
    Luke
    Rebel Pilot
    Darth Vader
    Darth Maul
    Palpatine

:D

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I only have Qui-Gon which I bought from a classmate's brother for $5.

Please don't tell me I got ripped off. :p

Well I think it's better than buying the whole darn set just for the figures...and I don't want the small little speeders and whatever. Yoda didn't fight a speeder-riding Dooku anyway. :p

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm the one who got "ripped" off cause I paid $12 for my small IRG figure. :_| Then again, the whole 2 IRG, 1 Palpatine & Shuttle Pilot plus the Imperial Shuttle cost a LOT. :(

8. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    No DE, $12 for an IRG is a good buy / price. I saw places selling it at $29.9 too. And online shop sells it at USD7.5 cheapest. So, SGD12 for IRG is good buy :)

I just got a confirmation of my purchase of 4 Clonetroopers from an oversea vendor (from Denmark) and it cost USD4.75 each. So all in all inclusive of shipping, it comes to a grand total of USD22 (equi to SGD39.6 conversion rate of 1.8). So I should expect it to come in around 2 weeks time. Till then....

9. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I remembered reading in INSIDER that Lego had started to sell 3 figs set thru the Insider... Got like 12 diff characters!

But it never came to Singapore :(

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    The Imperial Shuttle costs $70+? I think that's more affordable and worthwhile than other sets. If only still can find the older sets like B Wing etc. Anyone know where to get them?

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The 3 Figures per box is like Mine. There are 4 sets altogether: Sith Lords, Luke-Han-Boba, 2 Biker Scout-Chewbacca and 3 Battle Droids. When I bought mine, the seller offered to sell me the 3 sets he had for $50-75 (can't remember real price) but I didn't take it up cause cash limited as usual. Should have. :eek:

The item no is 3340 to 3343. ;)

Hmm, $12 is a bargain. But it's still quite a price to pay IMHO for 1 single Lego Figure . . .

12. singer_high

singer_high Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Now's the Great Sg Sale, a good time to get your Legos. But most malls are selling Star Wars Legos at nett price.

So far I only see Carrefour and Metro offering them at discount price. Got my Republic Gunship from Metro. :D

13. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    there was some lego exhibition at raffle's city, should check it out, life sized lego-ed Vader with parksaber-like saber(maybe its just coloured flourescent tube, lol)

totally awesome, but that was weeks ago, i dunno if its still around.

its on the ground lvl of raffles's city, in the centre there,

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Faiz - It's still there at Raffles City..runs until somewhere in June I think. The life size vader and R2 is quite nice too, seen some people take photos with them :D

However you won't find much Star Wars Lego there, only the usual stuff which can be found elsewhere.

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, if the exhibition is still around when we do our next meeting, why not we give it a visit. ;)

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    :p I went there with a classmate on 3rd June after CIP and we were admiring the Artoo and the Vader there. :p

Speaking of Star Wars LEGO and Raffles City, the LEGO Star Wars TIE Interceptor #7181 is on sale at the Raffles City Robinsons for $79.90, down from the usual price of $229. See today's (7th June 2002) The Straits Times page 8. :)

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Wwwaaahhhhh! :_| I want to get it but I'm dry as a bone!! :_|

18. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    The TIE Interceptor still available at around 12pm, 8 June...

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I saw quite alot of the 7th..at least 30! And there was this guy who was buying ;)

20. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I've just contracted the Minifig collection craze. :D (Those of you at Taka 8 June will know how crazy I am....)

Now I really want Count Dooku minifig, if it exists!!!

21. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    There used to be micro Machines minifigs when epI came out. It is sad that epII don't have, if not I would have bought a set of minifigs.

22. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Delight - The Yoda minifig's quite cute. :p

23. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Delight - the Count Dooku minifig does exists, its with the Yoda set selling at $27.9 each.

I've just bot the Republic Gunship set at Simply Toys (Far East Plaza) without the Clonetroopers minifigs and it cost 1/2 the price of the full set. Unfortunately, the instruction menu is left in the shop and I have to go collect it later :(

BTW, if you are very interested to buy only the minifigs, I recommend this site :

http://www.bricklink.com

I got my clonetroopers there :)

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Humsupfett - Anymore Gunships left at the shop? ;)

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I was at Isetan Parkway Parade on Friday, and I saw the Count Dooku and Yoda minifig set selling for $27.90 there. I thought of getting it, because the Yoda minifig is REALLY CUTE!! [face_love]

...but then, I thought I better not start collecting, otherwise I might not want to stop until I have everything! Yeah, yeah, one of my really bad habits, so I try not to start what I cannot finish [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.