main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Anyone else disappointed with guest list?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Matt the radar technician, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Matt the radar technician

Matt the radar technician Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2016
    There are no TFA guests announced except for Mark and Carrie. I was hoping to get an autograph of Daisy and John. Only came to celebration for TFA guests so that's quite disappointing.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think most people are. Nothing at all against any of the guests attending but I believe most people were hoping for a wider selection of guests that covered all parts of the saga.

3. Dancin

Dancin Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2016
  4. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The lack of new TFA actors is certainly disappointing, especially since Episode VIII is shooting near London.

5. sworrubsnz

sworrubsnz Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    I am naively assuming that the 'special guests' listed for the Rogue One and Future Filmmakers panels will be actors from the respective movies... That's obviously a bit different from a photo/autograph opportunity mind you...

6. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

They almost certainly will, but people want to chat to them and the audience Q&As won't satisfy that!

7. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Honestly, as this is my first Celebration, I'm a bit disappointed by the whole thing. I'm hoping the event itself will go much smoother than the lead up to it.

8. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    My first celebration to and to be totally honest am disgusted by the lot so far!! Prices are stupidly high for everything!! Pin sets, autographs, photo ops all to high! How do they expect you to save for this! Not knowing prices a month before the event! Im not happy at all and do not think ill attend another one again

KendallByrd likes this.
  9. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Seems as if they see us ONLY as cash cows now. I get it IS a business and I do not mind paying fair prices but the word "gouge" comes to mind this year.

10. Glorious

Glorious Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2015
    Yup first time for us and disappointed for my kids they won't get to see anyone from TFA. We'll still have a great time I'm sure - it's all new for us so still can't wait :)

KendallByrd likes this.
  11. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Bit disappointed with the guest list and autograph prices, but there's going to be plenty to see all the stands, the rogue one exhibition and any panels I manage to get into, not to mention all the fans & costumes and the atmosphere. I'm still really excited.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Well the Wrap party for 8 was last week, they could surprise us. If Harrison/John/Daisy/Oscar turn up then I'll drop everything!

I would prefer more PT and TCW cast members.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't expect many of the new cast members to show up for signings, especially as they've just finished filming.
    They may appear on stage at some point though, as i expect will the cast of Rogue One.

I can't see Ewan Mcgregor or Hayden Christensen attending these events , and Liam Neeson & Natalie Portman certainly wouldn't.

14. Shandil

Shandil Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2016
    Sadly, I'm disappointed too, actually to the point that if i hadn't paid for plane, hotel and tickets already I wouldn't go at all. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I thought there would be many more guests, specialy from episode 7 and/or Rogue One.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  15. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Sounds disappointing to me too.

16. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Just left ExCel. They got my money this year. Won't get any more.

17. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Large amount of what looks like extra security down near the Rogue One queues. Who knows...? :)

18. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Yep, several of the prinicpal actors from Rogue One turned up.....

19. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The RO panel was very good. Not at all disappointing.

20. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    Love my poster!

21. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

The atmosphere at the Celebration (Main) Stage was so good! Were you in there too?

Got my poster too! Going to get it framed next week I think.

22. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Felicity Jones is a cute woman, did anyone personally get any time with her?

But overall, pretty lacking.

I think US ones are gonna have more main actors.

Last year, we also had Ian McDiarmid and Billy Dee Williams

23. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    I think the company running the autographs here are the ones who have their own show in London in two weeks which has McDiarmid appearing at. I guess they didn't want to hurt their own show...

24. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Heard rumours Daisy and John have been on the show floor in costume, I'm praying they're there for the Future Filmmaker's panel on Sunday!

25. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    They better be there. Rian Johnson will be there. I wonder if that panel will get Live streamed or not.

Next year Orlando 4 day ticket will cost $150, better have way more guests!