main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anyone hate Hollywood’s hatred of the prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ssj5 count Dooku, Sep 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssj5 count Dooku

Ssj5 count Dooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2022
    Anyone else find it annoying and hypocritical or toxic how much the prequels were treated like it ruined Star Wars? Hollywood did it all the time. I couldn’t believe we had zombie Simpsons telling George Lucas he lost his franchise’s quality. And the rape scenes in South Park were hypocritical after a episode about how dogpiling on Britney Spears was overdone.

I feel like I’m alone in this,a chorus of disapproval (a mod) told me to post this here instead so here we are. Anyone else have similar or even a opposite feeling on this? It wasn’t just not liking them it was just baseless dogpiling and hate. After George gave Hollywood so much. Guess they just fear anything they can’t control. Like games and internet. They boogyman’d those as well.

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    to be honest I'm indifferent to it.

South Park and the like (Family Guy) exist to push the envelope, it's smug humour, you either find it funny or you don't.

On this very forum, people tell me the films I like are utter crap, I find it funny. It doesn't lessen my enjoyment of them one bit.

As for the hatred towards individuals: eg Lucas, Best, Lloyd and a lot more, then yes that is wrong, no question. Whether it is a fan that still lives in his ma's basement or a hit tv show that does it.

3. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Sequels have been part of Hollywood since the Golden Age. The problem is that those in the industry dislike the attention given to them, takes away from other films. Which is true to a degree, but people can easily wait for it in another medium. So there's no rush. "South Park" did their episode in part due to the fans themselves who started the whole childhood bit online. They were poking fun at them, while voicing their own discontent.

5. Ssj5 count Dooku

Sep 13, 2022
    South Park was the worst one because they did a whole episode on why Britney Spears was overly hated on (I agree) but then dogpile on Lucas. It was so bad Ahmed almost killed himself and Jake Lloyd went into a insane asylum. There’s people behind this stuff. None of them even have any valid criticisms either. Just seemed like a witch hunt. And hypocritical when South Park and Simpsons stopped being good long before the prequels and this didn’t have a leg to stand on imho. And they said in the dvd commentary and such they weren’t mocking themselves they said it was legit raping Star Wars,they’re like Simon pegg levels of Whiney fans.

6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    It was 20 years ago. Maybe time to move on.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Best did not attempt suicide over a SouthPark episode. Lloyd did not become schizophrenic over a SouthPark episode. They both got to that point because of ***holes yelling at them over their characters in person, and there is not a single regular poster on this site who defends that behavior, including people who do not like the PT, so I’m not sure why you feel the need to make threads in three different forums to rant about it.

Like what you like, and don’t worry about what “Hollywood” thinks of it.

And maybe try visiting our other threads in this PT forum to actually discuss what you like, instead of complaining about people who don’t post here who don’t like what you like.

8. Ssj5 count Dooku

Sep 13, 2022
    I never said the South Park episode did that. But stuff like that really increased the culture of it. This isn’t the first time you’ve followed me to be mad at me for no reason. Nor is the first time you put words in someone’s mouth. You seem more upset I don’t like toxic fans then you are over actual toxic fans.

9. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Hold on I need to make some popcorn. This is gonna be good. :p

10. Ssj5 count Dooku

Sep 13, 2022
    I’m just trying to understand it all. It’s far more interesting to talk about then all the complaining about Disney era. I mean I don’t blame people for complaining I’m just seeing nothing but that and looking here to see if there’s fans that have opinions on this and possibly any insight.

all the talk about Star Wars fans being toxic online made me think of this stuff as of late.

11. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    People tried to explain it in the ST thread you made but that fell on deaf ears...

12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I mean, like it or not they were divisive. I liked them, but many I knew didn't. Most people didn't get all worked up about it. Of course some people went overboard and got personal.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wait... are you not the author of the modern classic "I Want to Like the Sequel Trilogy BUT..."?

14. Ssj5 count Dooku

Sep 13, 2022
    Yes. Your point?
    You’re saying it’s hypocritical because I….tried to like something rather then just hate it without giving it a chance? I don’t follow the logic.

15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    You're having a banner first week. Kudos.

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  16. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Satire is as old as the aqueducts. Art, politics, sociological issues, they’re all fair game. Sometimes it will cast a mocking glance in your direction. You just have to take it on the chin, or offer a witty rebuttal, and try not to forget what it is that you love about the things that you love. Focus on that.

If it’s any consolation Cartman liked Jakovasaur.

Huttese 101 and Jedi Bluth like this.
  17. Ssj5 count Dooku

Sep 13, 2022
    You see Star Wars sequel trilogy fans be real protective of the era to avoid toxic culture they say.
    for what? I broke no rules. I was warned by people there could be toxic people on this forum and some mods could be toxic, but I’ve done nothing at all accept be civil when attacked. If I get a ban that doesn’t really say anything accept a lot about the site and whoever bans people because they hd a bad day or were on some power trip or whatever.

18. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    You really like throwing that toxic word around don't you? The mods are not toxic.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And this thread has run its course.

@Ssj5 count Dooku if you attempt to recreate this thread again, or PM me to continue to argue, the only place you will be allowed to post is the Unban Request Forum.

We have already explained to you that nobody here supports bashing the PT actors or Lucas, so this is not the place for you to “try to understand.” At this point attempting to continue this “discussion” in order to continue to beat your opinion over our heads about how “toxic” everyone is (including, apparently, everyone on this forum, which is an interesting take for someone who has allegedly only been here a week) is considered spam and will be treated as such.

As @A Chorus of Disapproval told you—read the room.

You have two options now:

—Post in any number of PT threads about your love for the PT, not about other people

Or

—Find a place that will allow you to rant ad nauseum about “toxic fans”. I recommend your personal social media.

The choice is up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.