main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anyone here been stabbed, mugged or sexually assaulted?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MrDankDonk, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    reading the glasgow papers on a daily basis, I get the distinct impression that there are ARMIES of heavily-armed heroin-addicted perverts waiting to do me a disservice around every corner.... but in 20 full years of wandering, often drunk and insensible to threat, round the city at god knows when in the morning, I've never once been the victim of a felony.
    I don't recall even being threatened, at least, not since school.

Am I
    a) very very lucky?
    b) very very scarey looking when I am drunk?
    c) in the majority who travel the city quite safely, but still fall for the media hype about the 'murder capital of Europe'?

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm going to go for Option B ;)

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm a complete wimp, and have fortunately never gotten into a fight, or had any such experience.

I've been burgled (not burglarised as that is a stupid made up word) once whilst we were sleeping upstairs. Fortunately they only took the Wii (presumably stolen to order as it was just before Christmas).

The only other unsavoury experience I've had was whilst drinking a can of lager on the way to the train station. Some yob came up asking for a sip etc etc. After I said no, he smacked the can out of my hands and walked off swearing.

4. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    spilt your lager and walked away?

I hope you gave him a REALLY hard stare for his impudence...

5. Miso_Jace

Miso_Jace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    All of the above I'd say.

However, I too have missed out on the legions of armed psychopathic junkies that apparently plague the streets of Glasgow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.