main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Anyone here know what happened to the eucantina.net site and forums?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker2B, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I used to post a lot on the eucantina.net forums, but stepped away from all SW for a while. However, when I went to go back, the forums were down, and then, not long afterwards, the whole site was gone. Does anyone know what happened?

2. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Hey @Skywalker2B , I'm Reepicheep from EUCantina.net. I kind of know what happened to our old site. Apparently there was a site update and the forum wasn't compatible with it. I'm not sure about all of the technical details, but the original owners had all moved on to other things and the site seemed to be kind of leaderless. The main page hadn't been updated for a few years. It's a shame. I miss some of the people from there and the smaller, more intimate feel of the site, but our numbers had been dwindling for a while.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  3. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    @Reepicheep775 !!! I suspected it was something like that. I, too, had stopped posting for a while...anywhere...related to SW. But I got into watching a few YouTube videos and, through those, learned about Itchy Bacca's blog. I thought it interesting that they (the Fandom Menace folks) were talking about things that I brought up on the eucantina boards. I really missing the "freedom of speech" that we had on those boards, and I miss the folks too.

4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I've come to have mixed feelings on the free reign of speech in internet forums. Don't get me wrong, I support freedom of speech as something that should be protected by law, but for an internet forum, as a private enterprise, I've come to appreciate forums that are more regulated. I dislike the way "culture war politics" have crept into everything and how difficult it was/is to discuss the ST without dragging contemporary politics into it and the nastiness that results. I can't help but wonder if the way things got political on the Cantina was partly responsible for its downfall. Things were just... different several years ago.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.