main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Anyone need a job for the summer?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by ObiwanJenobi, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiwanJenobi

ObiwanJenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    I know this is another thread on this board but I am kinda desperate and was wondering if anyone out there is looking for a summer job? If you live in Vancouver and are interested in working on Robson Street, I have job openings for students (high school and college) in the kitchen at my restaurant---Sports bar.....Respond back and I'll set up an interview with y'all.:D [face_praying] :cool:

2. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Definitly interested here. Shall I PM you my details? I wouldn't be able to start right away though, as I have finals. I'm free as soon as July rolls around.

3. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    Omar, check out my profiles (my website) and you can get the address of my work from the latest Blog and my e-mail.:D

4. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    it really, really depends, my schedule is pretty tight in the summer, what kind of work is it?

5. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    I have line cook positions (experience is an asset but not neccessary) and a part time dishwasher (no experience neccarry)

6. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    what kind of food are we talking here?

7. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I don't really have any experience cooking, lol, but I'd rather do that than dishwashing. Can I just drop by with my resume at anytime?

8. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    What type of Line Cooks are you looking for? Any specific position?

9. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    Our menu is the general pub food---pizzas, burgers, wings, steaks, wings, chicken strips----all in a sports bar atmosphere. Pretty fun....and busy in the summer.8-}

10. Master_Ikrik

Jul 30, 2004
    exactly what age group are you looking for?

11. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    :) :D GOOD NEWS FOR ME BUT BAD NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!I just hired three new cooks and do not have to be distracted away from the forums. Sorry to all that were interested. I am still currently looking for a part-time dishwasher (30 hours/week) days and nights. As you will see there will be an ad in the paper (Province or Sun, I'm not sure), so I'll get 8 billion applicants. Anyways, thanks for the interest. I knew there would be light at the end of the tunnel.WHEW!

12. Borrego

Borrego Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey obi:

As, im moving there really soon... besides studying... ill like/have to work. So maybe the "washing-dishes" is perfect for me... lol...

Greetings.

13. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005

Well, Borrego,I am still looking for a dish-washer.....Tuesday I am doing interviews but restaurants have high turnover....Come in sometime and fill out an application:)

14. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    HI GUYS AND GALS...IT'S ME AGAIN SEARCHING IN VAIN FOR MORE KITCHEN STAFF AT MAHONEY'S SPORTS GRILL. COME IN ANYTIME AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION, AND PASS ON A RESUME.....I AM STILL HIRING FOR PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME LINE COOKS FOR THE SUMMER, AND A PART-TIME DISH WASHER OR TWO. IT'S A HIGH PACED YET FUN ATMOSPHERE AND EVERYONE'S A HUGE FAMILY HERE. IF YOU COME IN SAY YOU SAW THIS ON THIS WEB SITE, THAT WAY I'LL KNOW YAH :) [face_praying] HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YAH SOON...PS IT CAN CARRY ON THROUGH AND PAST THE SUMMER IF NEED BE (WITH HOCKEY STARTING UP AGAIN)....YOU AREN'T OBLIGATED TO STAY AFTER SUMMER IF YOU HAVE SCHOOL...

CHECK OUT MY JUNE 14, 2005 BLOG IN MY SPACES LINKED IN MY PROFILE HERE....

15. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    Hey folks----I'm still lookin'! Anyone out there?

16. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    =D= Hired 4 people today =D= Whew.......

17. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    You have anything else open ? Dish -Washing is fine , I sent you a PM, needed to post here too. I came too late on this forum , arghhhhhh. :_| .

18. ObiwanJenobi

Jun 7, 2005
    Sorry no luck....I've already filled the positions :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.