main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone prefer the original (Clive Revill) Emperor?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by drg4, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    considering the fact I've never seen the original version of the films *I've only been able to see the '97 and the '04 versions* I have to say I don't know which I prefer. I thought Ian was fine in the role; he's not my favorite character but yeah....

2. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    Yes,he has this mystical creepiness to him but Ian's older over the top Emperor is fun though.[face_peace]

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    From what i've gathered in recent years, including Shadows of the Empire, there's six months between Empire and Jedi.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    This is just flat out wrong. It's probably a mistake in a book somewhere. All the new material tends to have mistakes, because [self-censored]. Also, it's not merely the "early" EU which establishes ROTJ as 4 ABY, it's all EU that I've ever seen.

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    OK, I'm going to take a slightly different angle here, seeing as how I don't want this thread to turn into an argument solely about EU timelines.

Whatever the time elapsed between ESB and ROTJ, we see a dramatic change in Yoda from aged-yet-still-powerful Jedi Master to sick, old and weak. A change in the appearance of Palpatine to thinner and gaunt kind of mirrors this, doesn't it?

Not to mention the poor visual connection between monkey-woman and ROTJ-Ian. :p

6. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Well, I can't really vouch myself since I am not an EU guy, but more than a few people have said that this is now the case. They could be wrong. I've only seen the "1 year" thing myself, but then my EU exposure is limited.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Did they mention any specific source(s)?

8. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    I love the eu more than movies. so lets think palps changed his face in rots why cant he do in whenever he feels like

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.