main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone Still out there?

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAVEN-BROWN

RAVEN-BROWN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Can you belive this. They cut my Joke Thread off the JC. What the world coming to. You tell a couple of harmless jokes and then they wack you right on the head. I think one guy called it giving head. That in the JC but when you try and make people laugh they cut you off.

Here's a joke:
    Yo mama is so dumb that she thought Taco Bell was a mexican phone company.

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    The reason your thread was locked was because you were spamming it. Having three or more posts in a row is usually defined as that. You're also not allowed to post suggestive stuff, to a limit at least.

By the way. You should probably do your jokes in another thread here. You're lucky Fan Forces have a slightly less strict policy on Terms of Service. Depending on the Fan Force at least. So make your own joke thread somewhere else in this forum.

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    So the meeting's tomorrow?

4. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Yeah but what time?

5. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    That's what I'd like to know.

6. RAVEN-BROWN

Jun 18, 2002
    me too id like to do it at 3 am
    if that isn't too late

7. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Don't you mean too early?

8. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I don't think we're having the meeting today. It wasn't announced at all on FanForce.net and meeting is usually supposed to be announced there at least a few days in advanced. I don't know where or what Alex's been doing, but I think someone else is going to have to take some incentive.

So I guess we can have a meeting sometime next weekend, at the food court like we seemed to of agreed on. Does anyone agree with this?

9. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Well, another meeting that didn't happen. You can't honestly say that that was a surprise.

If you guys even care about having a functional group you have to get your stuff together. Since no one else will, somebody has to stand up and say: Hey, we're meeting here on this date and time, period. That's the only way things are gonna get done.
    Going back and forth making sure it's the optimum time for every person involved (3-4 people at the max at this point) isn't cutting it. If you don't want the MDFF to be a bigger joke than it already is, heed my advice.

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Daniel: "I don't think we're having the meeting today. It wasn't announced at all on FanForce.net and meeting is usually supposed to be announced there at least a few days in advanced. I don't know where or what Alex's been doing, but I think someone else is going to have to take some incentive."

I'm terribly sorry, I thought I scheduled it for this next up-coming weekend. However, it appears that I did not. And, as so, I totally forgot about it! [face_blush] How embrassing...

Anyhow, all the above sounds good. And, if I do not seem to post in here anytime before the meeting, just kindly remind me that we have one via PM, and I'll be sure to post the other details ;) .

Meeting information will be sent to Linda (RSA) as soon as we figure out the times :) .

11. RAVEN-BROWN

Jun 18, 2002
    i don't know why you have meetings if there is only three of you.

12. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    As you can see, they don't. I offered up my advice as to what should be done to save this group. But your apparent 'leader' ignores it.

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    We also do not just, 'have' the meeting at anytime I, or any other member says because this next up-coming meeting is very important. And, needs all those interested in the FanForces exsistance ;) . Linda highly suggested that we all meet. Mainly because it's like re-starting this FanForce, and as it is we only have the max amount of beginning members. I hope that helped to clarlify the reasoning behind these agreeable terms before we actually hold the next meeting. So, what is it that we've decided upon. I personally am no longer open this weekend. As I have to return back to the college for many other final details before I start...it's almost an all day thing... :( Though, any other suggested date would be fine by me :) .

14. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    We also do not just, 'have' the meeting at anytime I, or any other member says

You also don't have any meetings at all. The last one happened because Curtis made it happen. He is gone now and you need someone to stand up and take charge.

Linda highly suggested that we all meet

Isn't that what you tried to do in the first place?

Mainly because it's like re-starting this FanForce, and as it is we only have the max amount of beginning members.

It is restarting the FanForce, all of the active members left and now you're back to square one. And you have the minimum amount of beginning members, there is no maximum amount.

I hope that helped to clarlify the reasoning behind these agreeable terms before we actually hold the next meeting.

No clarification was needed, it's simple logic. It's also easy to see that nothing is getting done by each post ending without a solid plan or date.

You already have an agreeable meeting location. You have at least two members that seem to be interested. The only thing left to do is plan something far enough ahead that people can make sure they can attend. Make it two-three weeks ahead, if someone speaks up about being busy move it ahead or behind a week until it all clicks. That way everyone knows about it and you can get the information to the RSAs with plenty of time to spare and plan the agenda. It's really not that hard.

It's just simple advice from a former CR. I've watched the past few months of activity here and it is both comical and predictable. I'm only trying to help.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    It would be nice to see you guys having meetings again and being more active. I get to see Danakin a few times a year at least.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan: "It would be nice to see you guys having meetings again and being more active."

Sounds good. So it appears we're a go for the mall food court. So, I guess I'll just make it for September 18th, 2004 @ 5:30 p.m. ;) . Linda, if you could please add it to the Main FanForce webpage that would be great. The directions to get there will be sent to you via Private Message once I am able to get the correct address from the "Yellowpages" :) .

Any objections? :confused:

17. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    That weekend's no good for me.

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Daniel: "That weekend's no good for me."

[face_thinking] Hmm, I'd hate to re-schedule a meeting because one could not make it. However, let's see how others respond before I make such alterations ;) .

19. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Go ahead and do it without me. I care not.

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Daniel: "Go ahead and do it without me. I care not."

Well, since it is almost like starting over I would believe that we'd have to have 3 people present for this meeting. After all, we are considering this forums future...

However, if Linda approves the idea of just going without a max amount of members. I'll write up a quick summary and send it to her for posting ;) .

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    You should have at least three people present to hold the meeting. So lets just wait till three people can agree on a date, and thats the date you can plan to have the meeting on.

Are any of you going down to LA for the DVD midnight madness event at the Best Buy store? The 501st/Rebel Legion/Fanforce will all be there.

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan: "You should have at least three people present to hold the meeting. So lets just wait till three people can agree on a date, and thats the date you can plan to have the meeting on."

All right, that's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation ;) :D .

And, as far as I know. I do not think that anyone is going down to LA from our FanForce ;) .

23. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I am game for that date and time. I can make it...

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    LazloToth: "I am game for that date and time. I can make it..."

Well, that makes two. We just need one more member, whom is interested in re-starting this FanForce to keep it open ;) . Do you have any friends? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.