main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Anyone up for a group chat w/Chicago Force?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Jan 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Last October I joined Chicago Force after meeting a bunch of cool CF members at a convention there. I also met (and roomed with) a trio of cool MF members, some of whom may now claim dual memberships. At any rate, I'm trying to get a chat scheduled, and wanted to invite all the MF's to join in. If you're interested, please mosey on over to the CHICAGO board, and post on my thread there.

Here's the text of my starting post:

I think it was way back in November when Chicago Force scheduled an on-line chat for a Sunday evening.

Only about 5 of us were there, and we moved it from it's beginning location to a second location, which I believe prevented 2 latecomers from being able to tune in, but it >WAS< fun.

How about scheduling one for sometime in the next couple weeks? Post your suggestions for preferred days of the week and times.

Also, the chat room on the CF board isn't the greatest, so we used AIM last time. Unless someone has a better plan, I suggest we just plan on AIM from the get-go, and assign one person to get the room and do the invites.

For anyone who doesn't have AIM, I actually downloaded, installed and configured it DURING the beginning of the chat b/c everyone else wanted to switch over. It is easy to get and use. Although, unless you have a high-speed connection you probably should get it BEFORE the chat is scheduled. But hey, whatever trips your trigger.

My preferred schedule would be Tue, W, or Thu evening, any time after 6:30pm. Also good for me are weekend times generally - even in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.