main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Anyone up for a meet up?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by CaptainRegor, Jun 13, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Title says all!

2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Certainly. I have a three-day press pass, but no plan so far!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My partner and I will be there for the three days as well - not sure what we're doing in the evenings. He booked a hotel room in Blackfriars so we wouldn't have to commute. I think we'll wait til the schedules are posted to commit to anything. If there are 3D showings of AOTC or RoTS I want to see them.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  4. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

Was there some hint that this could happen? I haven't seen either movie in a few years, so I'd be all over 3D showings on a big screen!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not sure if it will happen or not. I'm just leaving the possibility open. I saw TPM/3D in the cinema here and was looking forward to AOTC but it was cancelled.

SensationalSean likes this.
  6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    They had 3-D showings of AOTC and ROTS at Celebration-Anaheim last year, so it seems likely that they will have them at CE16.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I thought I remembered reading that. Glad to have it confirmed.

8. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Oh sweet! I didn't realize they had actually converted those two into 3D.

9. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    They showed ATOC in Essen as well. It was really popular.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Sounds like fun. Like others have said though, will have to wait and see what the full schedule is before committing to anything (5 of us coming so I think coordinating what everyone wants to do is going to be tricky!).

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    If anyone up for it we could just meet up for some lunch/snack at the Excel one of the day. There is going to be a presentation on international fandom on Saturday 10:30-11:30, where both me and jawajames are taking part, maybe meet up after that?

jawajames and CaptainRegor like this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That might work - depends on what else is on at that time.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  13. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002

I'd love to meet up during the day, like after our panel, but i'm also going to be working backstage at one of the stages, so might have to report back to work. But something in one of the evenings? I'd be up for that!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
  15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Can't say I'm suprised. Isn't the post-Lucas, Lucasfilm afraid of the word "prequel"?

16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Considering that they showed them at Anaheim in 2015, it might just be that there's not enough room in ExCel to dedicate a room as a theater.

CaptainRegor and Amon_Amarth like this.
  17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Awww, shame about no 3D AOTC+ROTS. I ended up traveling when they showed 3D TPM near me, so I was hoping to catch the other prequels on the big screen once more. Well, lets hope that they fix a room, as jawajames says...

A TFN meetup would be lovely. I had a great time meeting forum peeps at the first CE. ^^

jawajames likes this.
  18. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Seeing as the schedule is now more available, that'll work for me. Anthony is at 14, and that is the next "must" panel for me.
    Btw. I will be wearing a badge from Rebelscum forums where it will say "CaptainRegor" so if any of you see someone with that, It's me! :)

19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Looks like the best time. Saturday morning certainly appears to be the clearest when it comes to the major panels.

I'll try and swing by if I can (hoping to make it to the publishing panel at 12 as well, all depends on how long the store and RO costumes/props take, they're my main goals for the morning)

20. FN-1138

FN-1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Have completely forgotten about my account here.
    I would be interested in meeting up too. Of course, we'll already have the opportunity to make lots of friends.

On July 14 I'm going to the Cantina event at the O2.

21. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Welcome back! I'm going to the Cantina too!

22. FN-1138

FN-1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2015

Cool. Well, maybe I see you. Though, a lot of people will be there, so it's unlikely.