main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

** AOTC DVD reaction thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Red3StandingBy, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I have yet to watch the movie itself yet, but I am sure I will not be disappointed. The few scenes that I've seen playing about town (Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal Mart, K Mart, Target, Suncoast, etc.) have all looked really sharp, crisp and clear. Go figure, the whole digital to digital conversion and all. It actually seems to be on the complete opposite end of the spectrum as LOTR. AOTC is almost too crisp and clear at times, but I kinda like that about it. It gives many of the scenes a sterile, unspoiled sense to them, like paintings hanging in a museum, just ready to be soiled and spoiled by dark side energies. Whereas LOTR is already chock full of grit & grime, shadow and flame, and all that. LOTR is a very earthy film, as were Tolkien's novels. AOTC on the other hand is an adventure in space and similarly maintains that void-like, quasi-ethereal quality throughout. AOTC definitely represents cutting edge digital film-making whereas LOTR represents cutting edge, grandiose, epic-scale, classic film making.

From a DVD standpoint though, LOTR wins hands/hooves/paws/talons down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.