main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Music Video

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by odj_310388, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I'm making a music video/tribute/thing of AOTC, this is how much I've made so far...

http://odj310388.com/other/videos/mvaotc.mov

Give me your opinions. :D

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Is it just me, or doesn't this link work?

3. Lord_IceMan

Lord_IceMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    nope it works. i got a message before even getting to the page if i wanted to save it. Tha power of Opera is amazing....

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Your right, it does work? I guess the problem must have fixed itself, or more likely my stupid computer let me win one for a change.

I really liked it!

When can we see the finished video?

Makes me wanna watch Clones again. :)

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    The link should be working, maybe you have a firewall blocking it or something Welshguy? :confused:

Anyway Lord_IceMan since you seem to have been able to view it whats your opinion on it? :)

http://odj310388.com/other/videos/mvaotc2.mov <-- Updated.

Edit: Wow typing that took so long you typed a post before I had time to post this one. :p

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Any info on when we'll see the finished version?

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh, I like what you have so far! The transitions are fluid, and the images fit the music!

Can't wait for you to finish it. :D

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, finish it you lazy bum!

Your public demands it. :)

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Oi I'm busy at the moment, study leave for exams so you'll exscuse me if it not at the top of my priority list. Hey you never know this might turn into one of those 'not finnished' pieces, remind you of something eh Welshguy? ;) :p

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I suppose that if you were to keep with previous "exploits" of Welsh fanfilm making, you would have to leave it unfinished. It is after all, tradition.

11. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I got bored today and started re-roting your fight. Did you ever manage to finnish it yourself?

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, this is going back a bit!

To tell you the truth, you now have the only existing version of this video. My hard drive died a few months ago, taking everything I had on there with it, including this dual.

I would love to see what it looks like finished though, I know it sucks, but just to see it finished would be amazing.

Good to see you again dude, where you been hiding yourself?

13. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Wow I didnt realise I had the sole record of that video, hah. :p Well I've got about 40 secconds done so far, I'm rendering it out atm just incase of AE failure. (I set it to 20 fps so I dont have to roto as much :p)

I've been hiding in my closet because of the scary thing outside otherwise known as 'the sun', it comes in the summer time and my skin doesnt agree with it. jk :p

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I serisouly don't think you'll have to worry about this sun this year dude. ;)

I think we've skipt summer and gone straight into Autumn. This is a pretty bloody horrible summer, even by British standards. Its nearly June and its only 13degrees outside in the day. I'm still wearing my winter clothes for gods sake!!

Global warming my elbow! I want more heat and sun! Just for a week or two. :(

Whatever frames per second you do it in is cool with me dude, i'm sure it will rock.

Just checked out the sample you sent me and its pretty impressive stuff!

I must say, I think I look good as a Jedi. I have that all powerful and knowing look about me. :p

15. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    http://odj310388.com/other/videos/startagain2.mov

Wooo finnished the first min, well almost... 58 secs.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Awh man! Thats awsome!!!!

I don't know what to say, I can't believe how well its turning out. You are indeed a master of your art.

Can't wait to see what the complete movie will play like fully rendered.

Once again, thanks dude. [face_peace]

17. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    No probs man, havnt got much to do really at the moment being unemployed so I just spend the day rotoing this. :p Heh its suprising how long it takes when you add it all up, I've just finnished the classic scene thats in the banner at the top and the scene after it with the sabers crossing against the sun, not looking forward to the clash there though cause I'm not to good with the contact flashes against each other for a long time.

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well you certainly seem to be working at a fair ol' lick of pace.

Mind you, i'm bound to say that since my only forey into rotoscoping ending with me being able to rotoscope 7 frames per hour.....

I still don't know what the hell I was doing wrong? But i'm glad that this epic masterpiece will finally see the light of day.

We'll have to have a special FFUK: Wales screening to celebrate the premier. ;)

If those Midlanders can get Ewan McGregor, i'm sure we could get someone as equally famous.......

Wonder if Max Boyce is available?

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Hah 7 frames per hour? 7 frames takes me about 5 mins :p but still that means about 15 mins for 20 frames which is only 1 seccond in the video. Ouch. And the whole video is about 1:30 (of saber fighting) so that means about 22.5 hours of rotoing and thats not counting the clashes. OUCH. :-\

What program were you using to roto? That was probably the problem. :p

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I was using Adobe After Effects. I learned how to do it all following the Ryan W. turorial.

But I must have been going from A to B via W, X, Y and Z.

I bet that if I could sit down and actually watch someone who knows how to do it, I would have been able to work at a much more normal (ie, faster) pace than I was.

Seeing that old movie being given a new lease of life makes my brain start to think about the possibilites of doing something a little better. That was after all the point of this movie. To see if the Welsh Forum is capable of putting something together and actually completing a fanfilm. Granted, it has taken a while to get to this stage, but I feel we are all better writers, directors, rotoscopers, editors etc now than we were 4 years ago.

So maybe it might be time to dig out my old plan and start something up again.

21. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Hah seems like your getting your wish this week. :p I've been withought net since thursday (switching service providers now have 8MB broadband \m/) never felt more cut off from the world. :p

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The weather does seem to have perked up somewhat!

I just hope it holds out as i'm off on my hols on Friday for 2 weeks.

I remember when I got cut off from the internet when my hard drive blew up.

It was the most difficult time of my life. I very nearly went MAD!!

But i'm all fine now.....

23. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Off on holls? Nice, where you going to? I'm off at the end of this month.

http://odj310388.com/other/videos/startagain3.mov <-- little bit extra done.

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    No where particularly fancy. Just going down my parents place in West Wales.

Going to take a big TV with me, watch the world cup in peace and generally stuff my face and not think about work for a single second.

Love the movie thus far dude!! I've always wanted to see the silhouette section of the fight with proper lightsabers! I can die a happy man now. ;)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/dual1.jpg]

Does that look like the coolest thing in the world or what??

Can't wait to see the finished article. You are indeed a master of your art. I'll have to get Tim to give you some kind of title for your sterling work. Maybe something along the lines of "Rotoscoping Overlord".

25. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    :cool: odj_310388 :eek:
    That is amazing! Well done! =D=
    Looking good with that lightsaber Welshguy :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.