main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Yoda_GroundRunner

Yoda_GroundRunner Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2001
    Oh well. I guess we will have to WAIT.....longer.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yup... these things take time. :)

3. Men_At_Work

Men_At_Work Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    You'll get nothing and like it.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The Ultimate Edition TPM music was still edited so I really have no idea how they'd make an AOTC Ultimate Edition work if they're going to keep the edits.

5. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I WISH they release this :)

6. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Patience my very young apprentice!

besides, patience is a virtue...

as far as the talking song...this was just the audio track for the DOTF music video that was released prior to TPM...the music video for ATS did not have any dialog (other than the death stick teaser...unless my memory is going, as I haven't seen it since pre-release) so I would doubt that we will ever get a track similar to the one on TPM:UE

-TA, listening to fish, not phish, fish...quite soothing actually

7. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    No SE edition of the AOTC soundtrack yet.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Has there been any more news about this yet?

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I haven't heard anything yet, but I was just thinking the other day that perhaps we might get something soon.

//fingers crossed

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The TPM was released November the next year, IIRC, so maybe we will hear something soon. At least I really hope so.

11. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    Any new about AOTC complete score?
    I would also like to ask about something else. The AOTC soundrack is the only one I don't have, although I think it's really great. The reason is that they released it in the "special" format that doesn't play on a computer. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??? They must be really idiots if they think that this is a way to fight piracy!!! The big head at Sony should think that not everybody in the world has the money to buy a new stereo to listen to their CDs. I will NEVER buy any CD that doesn't play on my computer!

12. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Odd, because I've ripped mp3s from it onto my iBook. I don't know if I've ever tried to play the cd directly in it though.

?[face_plain]

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    yeah. the thing is, it plays on some but not on others. A friend of mine could neither play it nor rip it on one of his PCs, but on another. Same with my computers. One could, the other not. I could rip it just fine, too - except the last track, but I got that eventually, too.

14. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Hmm, I didn't know about that. I've had no trouble ripping it.

15. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    The European releases of the Attack of the Clones CD were copy-protected, meaning many people could not play them on the computer.

Forgive me for responding to post from 7 months ago, but "Strilo" said Star Wars' score could fit on one CD, just like AOTC and so essentialy the same amount of music was represented. Sort of. The complete score to Star Wars runs about 85 minutes, while the complete score to AOTC reportedly runs over 2 hours. So in terms of raw minutes, yes we had roughly the same amount of music, but in terms of percentage towards having the complete score, it's obvious that a lot of music is missing from the current AOTC CD.

If a 2 disc edition is made of this score, I hope the standards set by the release of the original scores is followed. Tracked, edited, and looped is no way to listen to this music. The Phantom Menace UE is a disgrace of an album, one that I never listen to anymore. I have some fan made albums that are better than what Sony put out.

Neil

16. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    I hope that we will see something like the special edition of the original trilogy soundtracks. These were simply masterpieces!

17. JeremyVassago

JeremyVassago Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Frequent attacks on TPM:UE, many downright hateful reviews of it, and, consequently, less-than-stellar sales were the reasons why we're unlikely to ever see a complete AotC score release... :(

(Well, there is a DVD-isolated bootleg with SFX floating around, but the less said of that one, the better... yuk.)

18. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    And yet the original Star Wars score got a gold record when it was re-issued in 1997. If you present people with a quality product they will buy it.

Neil

19. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I will buy it, regardless of whether it is more like the SE's or the TPM:UE.

edit: Actually, it just occured to me that this is just the kind of project that might work as an online release. The Apple Music store, the new Napster, etc. might provide an outlet for such a product to thousands of fans, and still produce an acceptable profit for Sony.

Of course, I love the packaging and extras that came with the SE collector's editions, but I'd take the unreleased score in any buyable form.

20. charben01

charben01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2001
    I second General Kenobi's post. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I would love to see this released.

21. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I'd buy it if it was done like the SE soundtracks. I would not buy it if it was done like the TPM:UE.

22. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    wine and cheese.. this thread needs large servings of wine and cheese.

be happy they release anything at all.

how many of you out there remember the original soundtracks released on LP and 8track???? hmmmmnnnnn??

be happy with what we have nowadays.. the music has been put into a cookie cutter soundtrack format which butchers the themes and leaves out some of the neatest little snippets of music. if you didn't like the way the movie was scored. do not buy the new disc if and when it comes out.. if you didn't like the editing you probabbly won't like the arrangement on the new disc.

also... take a look at the score for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, an entire riff is missing from the beginning of the music for the tank scene " in the belly o the steel beast" (( i believe)) and that was some of the best action music arrangement in the movie.

in addition, when was the last time anyone saw a CD for Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom???? to the best of my knowledge that is not available in the US. this is one of JWs best scores actually, i have the origianl release on tapem (((( ugggh))))

i guess whta i am trying to say.. is lets not rip on the people who have put themes in our heads for over 25 years now

23. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
  24. The_Rum_Diarist

The_Rum_Diarist Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2003
    The sad thing is someone will mistake the audiobook in that auction for a real AOTC soundtrack.

Sadly, we won't see a 2 disk set for AOTC before 2006 at the earliest. Between the brutal reviews, "fans" that just went ballistic and demanded John Williams and George Lucas's heads on platters, and poor sales, it is unlikely we'll get anything before the Archival Editions are made.

I'm not computer savvy enough to even make a CD, even if I knew where to find the rest of the music.

25. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    The sad thing is someone will mistake the audiobook in that auction for a real AOTC soundtrack.

*sigh*....grrr, almost there. I got a little excited. I mean really, after seeing something that COULD'VE been a sneaked copy ;).

o.k everyone, ignore my last post for your own good