main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Ah thats too bad, well ive been looking around also and I havent seen it but I will keep looking.

2. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    "Yoda Strikes Back" exists as a poor sounding DVD rip. Yes, there is unreleased music on it, as well as unreleased sound effects and maybe even some unreleased dialgoue, too. It's really not worth the effort to hear the thing.

Neil

3. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Eh, I'm not so sure if my music edits are any good. THey sounded good when I was editing, but when I listen to them, the edits are sounding increasingly obvious, though they're still probably the best versions that I know of, unless some expert has made their own edit and not told anyone.

4. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Ah I dont care, I just would like to listen to them.

5. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Neil, is there a way we can hear this? I do not mind the quality.

6. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
  7. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    http://www.epinions.com/search/?submitted_form=searchbar&search_string=star+wars&tax_name=&dyn_nav=0&a mp;dyn_nav_id=&search_vertical=46335&searchbar_submit=Search

well that's a little better...

8. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    I no longer have the unreleased Attack of the Clones music. Listening to DVD rips is unpleasant, as I find all of the effects annoying. Sorry. I heard it once, wasn't impressed and deleted it.

Neil

9. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Sorry if this is a redundant question...

Does anyone know what the music is that closes out the Clone War trailer (the last trailer made for AOTC)? It starts when Anakin does the super-leap in the droid factory, and runs through to the end of the trailer.

The music is not in the film, and I don't believe it's on the soundtrack CD.

Was it recorded for AOTC and not used? Is it available anywhere else?

EDIT There's no problem a little googling can't solve... it's from the concert suite of the Forest Battle on the ROTJ soundtrack.

10. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Yep, that's it. I've been in love with it ever since that trailer came out. Amazing piece of music.

11. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I thought it was unused music for Episode II as well. Then I got the Return of the Jedi soundtrack.

12. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Does anyone know what the music is that closes out the Clone War trailer (the last trailer made for AOTC)? It starts when Anakin does the super-leap in the droid factory, and runs through to the end of the trailer.

It's called The Forest Battle, and it's the last track on the second disc of the ROTJ:SE soundtrack. It's a concert suite, and is not actually heard in the movie.

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I know I posted an update in another thread this summer, but this is the "official" AOTC complete score thread.

The last word from Pablo at starwars.com is that there are still no plans to release a two-disc "ultimate" soundtrack for AOTC.

This hasn't changed in ages, and is listed in the FAQ.

If anyone hears some news on this front...

I'm sure we'll hear from you!

14. StarWarsFan2005

StarWarsFan2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    If you had read my post a few pages ago...

I said that I got a response letter from Lucas Licensing in regarding the Complete score for AOTC and they do want to release it, and plan to since it still is an important objective of theirs. You people just need to sit tight like I am doing to see when it will come out. Hopefully it'll come out before the OST for Ep III is released. Only time will tell.

Like I said the full score is finished and Lucas Licensing wants to release it, it's just a matter of when they'll release it...

Trent

15. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I did read your post. I am skeptical.

Would you care to post the text of the letter from LFL?

Because apparently they are telling you something they are not telling folks at the OS.

16. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, they like to release things in pairs, so I bet if they ever release an AOTC UE it'll come out like this:

AOTC UE, then, the same week or within two months, the ROTS OST, then, about 7-12 months later, they release ROTS and the ROTS UE, and for September or October, they release the PT Box Set for Christmas, and MAYBE, the Saga collection, which would just be all the previously existing DVDs rolled into one set.

17. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Also of paramount importance is a complete TPM score. I'm doing some investigation of recently released Star Wars games to find better material for my Ultimate Edit (based on Elvisjones' guide), but it's awful to hear unreleased TPM music as if it were coming through a telephone...we need an official CD release.

18. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
    Uh, there already is a TPM complete soundtrack...the Ultimate Edition, right?

19. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Yes, but it (the TPM:UE) is not a definitive collection of the score as recorded.

20. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    What GK said. The UE is simply the music as it was heard in the film (otherwise known as "edited all to hell"), not how it was originally recorded. Plus, there is a wealth of unreleased music that was not in the final film and not on any release of the TPM score.

A proper complete release is definitely possible as well as desirable in my book.

21. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Any news guys?

~Rory

22. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    That's all I want, the "edited to hell" as it was herad music. Extra unreleased tracks might be nice, but I really want what was heard in the film.

23. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    So do I Vaderbait. So do I. Just like The Phantome Menace Ultimate Edition sound track

24. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd definitely like the AOTC "EATH" version as well :p
    I like being able to play the TPM UE when I'm too busy to slip in the actual film, so I can listen to various favourite parts.

25. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Hey, Damon!

I enjoy having the TPM:UE as well. Maybe it's not as nice as the SE releases, but it's much better than just having the OS.

I'll take a similar AOTC set in a second.