main
side
curve

SNG AOTC VCD is out

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Winbros, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winbros

Winbros Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002

Hi all

Just for info, the AOTC VCDs are out, 3 disc set that includes deleted scenes from the movie. DOn't think its as good as the DVD, but for those who do not have DVD access, it seems like a good deal at less than S$20. If you get it at TS VCDs, it comes with 2 posters, which are different from the other posters somewhat. I bought mine over the weekend, so there should still be posters available. I think Carrefour also has the same promotion. Enjoy.

MtFbwY

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    What kind of picture does the posters show? :D

(Wah! Long time not see you post here, leh! ;) )

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey I juz bought the VCDs.
    Cool man I got a poster of Obi 1 and Master Yoda. The background is the Geonosian battle.
    I think they randomize the poster so if the force is strong with u then u should get wat u want.
    I bought it for only 16.90 (3 disc)

4. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    My mummy helps me buy the VCD first. With her help I got all 6 posters for this movie release...

Cheers!

5. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    For those who can't find the green clonetrooper please pause disc 2 at 01:01:40

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Could somebody list out the 6 different posters? Do you get them when u buy the DVD too? ;)

7. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Afterall there seems to be complete set of 4. I've posted wrongly. Coz my mum called and she says she acquired 6 posters and added that it's a complete set. But when I get home she told me that the VCD she bought is entittled to 2 posters. As she knew the staff, she helped me got hold of a complete set (4 pcs). Total 6 pcs.

4 piece: Yoda, Jango, Obi Wan and Anakin.
    If there's any other one do let me know, so that I can ask for it. :)

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Are the posters the ones with a character on each of them? I saw some strung across the tent(?) when I bought my AOTC vcd at a vcd promotion at West Mall. The cashier, when asked, said that there weren't any of the posters left. He said they were only for promotion. :( This teaches me to have more patience and not immediately buy Star Wars stuff the first time I see it. :p

9. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    yup...one character on each poster.

The quality is better than normal poster. I has a gloss finish. Very good quality!

10. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I got the Jango and Anakin poster from Laserflair... I was surprised to find out here that there are 4 designs... so today, me went down to Laserflair again and ask the dear Girl that can I take the other 2 posters... she and I check and open all... but we cannot find the Yoda and Obi Wan poster... haiz... but she promises me to leave me a set if they "suddenly" recieve the posters... tehehehehehe! Good Customer Relation, LaserFlair!

11. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    HMV Citilink also has the same promotion for the 4 different posters, you get 2 random posters for each copy of the AOTC VCD that you purchase (they cost $19.90 each).

12. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    You know, I didn't know the posters were so small... [face_laugh]

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I am starting to feel really cheated, especially after since I saw the advertisement announcing that there are posters given with purchase of the DVD/VCD... :( :p

14. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, OK, so I finally gave in and got myself the AOTC VCD...
    I got my copy from MPH at Parkway Parade, and it cost me $17.90.
    I got the Anakin and Jango poster as well.

OK, so where are all the Yoda & Obi-wan posters??
    Did anyone here get the Yoda & Obi-wan posters instead of the Anakin & Jango ones?
    Juz being really kaypoh here - haha! :p

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    yeah, there is Obi-wan and yoda posters in Singapore. Apparently not many shops have them.
    FIY, the VCD/DVD shop beside SpeedMac Hobbies in Jurong point should have these 2 posters.

16. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hmmm, I saw the entire set of 4 posters going for 10 bucks at serene centre this afternoon...

17. well_done23

well_done23 Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2002
    i got mine at Carrefour for $15.90, with 2 posters, anakin and obi wan...actually really hope that i can get the yoda one, but check it out at the customer service counter, this is the same for the others...by the way, anyone knew where is this serene centre, and how to go there....cos my friend tell me there, got one shop sell the cheapest lego in singapore (don't know real or not...), and hopefully still got the posters....

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hello, well_done23! Welcome to the community. :)

I'll PM you the "directions" and address of the Lego shop later to you.

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Welcome, well_done23 :)

I managed to get my posters after all :D Yoda and Obi-Wan.

20. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I got my Vcd for $15 at laserflair. Dam Chio.
    I only got 2 posters Obi1 and Anakin.

21. well_done23

well_done23 Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2002
    thanks for the reply man...
    anyway after watching it 5 times, i felt that i am not doing the movie justice by watching it on vcd, all the scenes pixelized, piece by piece, finally got the dosh to buy dvd, and hopefully could get yoda(he is so cute...) any ideas where could i get the cheapest esp 1 & 2 dvd.... i saw at Carrefour selling at S$39.90 per esp... so what's ur opinion....

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, it'll depend on which version (Code 1, 2, 3, 4, etc etc) you prefer or your computer/DVD player can play. Their prices will also varies.

So far, any DVD cover that had the words "VideoVan" (and white casing) is Singapore one, thus Code/Region 3 (although the box said similar to Code 1). HMV & Kino (plus others) are selling them.

Those with French wordings at the back is from Canada.

All English should be USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.