main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apology

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Hama, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I was the one who started the George-Lucas idea. It was a passing idea for an April Fool's Day joke, and not a very good one. I never meant for it to get out of hand like this. I should have put a stop to it before it got started. My impersonating George Lucas was wrong. It was an abuse of the Manager powers that were entrusted to me. I know I angered a lot of people, and for that I am very sorry. I only hope in time, you can learn to trust me again.

-Hama

2. MickFoley

MickFoley Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Hey, I've thrown my share of crap around, Hama, so I can be a bit receptive to your case.

However, you've crossed the line, my man. I think it's time for you to pay the price. What you've done hurt about 3,000 fanboys, and that demands some retribution. (I think it was a nice joke, but you know how those geeks are)

How can the newcomers be expected to obey the rules when we have a mod that did what you've done?

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    forget them hama, the day this place loses it humour is the day that the puritan forces have won....you had some fun, you have apologised, time to move on

4. Left My Heart In Dagobah

Left My Heart In Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2000
    I didn't think it was that big of a deal, Hama-Ryu Kinnebi. Good luck.

:)

5. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    I believe that Hama has "imposed a self ban" on himself. But still, that was low. I know almost two hundred people who were over joyed that Lucas was coming here. I told EVERYONE I know. That was low.

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I have decided to self-impose a ban on myself for the time being. I never meant for things to get this ugly, and I should have been responsible enough to stop it hours ago.

7. Jedi-son-of-Jedi

Jedi-son-of-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Apology accepted. [face_plain]
    (That was all I wanted)
    J.S.O.J.

8. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    It's fine, Hama. Yes, I admit I'm disappointed, but I guess I was already prepared for the trick.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    There is an upside to staying suspicious.

10. Uwanna Buyer

Uwanna Buyer Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2000
    I forgive you Hama. I might not have been so upset if I hadn't told several of my friends that George was coming here.

Nah, I probably still would have been. ;)

11. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    But to stay suspisious all your life, even if it's just Star Wars? I don't think that's any way to live.

12. MickFoley

MickFoley Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Force be with you, HRK. And, I forgive you. That WAS pretty good.

13. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    thanks for apologizing Hama

I was gonna press for you to post the IP :)
    Too bad people are more sensitive we think...

14. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    It's amazing how gullible people are. Anyone who thinks George Lucas would take the time of day to visit theforce.net forums deserved what they got. That had it coming for them. I think the joke was funny, and am now laughing at those who fell for it.

15. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I still think you abused that power and it should be removed.

But I wish I had the power to pull a gag like this :)

But I wouldnt honest ;) hehe

16. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I forgive you, Hama, but I've placed trust into many people in the past, and that trust has been broken. I'll warn you: It's going to take quite some time for you to regain my trust. I'm still disappointed in you.

17. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    If a new user had done this they would have been banned for trolling.

Even if a seasoned member had done this they probably would have been banned. People have been banned for a hell of a lot less around here.

I hope your ban lasts months, Hama. I'm very bitter today.

18. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Actually, he did impersonate GL, at least twice, but I suppose that's all moot now, as nothing's going to be done anyway.

Ah well.

19. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    LOL. The admins could send a computer virus to every member of the JC and make an apology thread and everyone would fold like a cheap card table. :p

Don't fail us again....admin.

20. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Oh, I think there are alotta disappointed members. So, that was going to be our April Fool's joke this year? I hear last year's one was a duuuzzzyyy with Chyren. [face_devil]

Folks, get over it, no harm done, other than a disappointment. How do we know GL isn't already visiting in lurking mode? He would never use his real name, you all do realize that, don't you? If you read his bio, you'll realize he's a very quiet fellow, and would only lurk. We would never know he was here. Yes, this was a very good joke-to-be that got out of the pen abit early. Oh, well, move along, move along. ;)

Hama, thank you for your apology; my feelings are not hurt, nor am I disappointed in you. I still trust you. [face_love]

It was a funny joke, IMHO. Lighten up, folks. Darth Kimball still lives here in the threads. Chyren claimed to be Gary Rydstrom, and the world didn't come to an end. GL thought GEORGE LUCAS IN LOVE was a great short story movie; he does have a sense of humor. GL would've enjoyed this joke. Now, dust the egg off your face and let's move on. The JC family remains intact. :)

*picks up self and moves on to other threads to read* ;)

21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Somehow I'm actually *more* angry than I was a few minutes ago ( I'm reading through all the threads).

Gullible!? Most of the time when a mod says something, they mean it!

22. Zizou

Zizou Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Oh please.

It was a joke. One that would have been funny if it had worked.

Did anyone here get banned unfairly? No.
    Did anyone's name get hacked? No.
    Did anyone get treated unfairly? No.
    Was anyone hurt? No.

The administration here has always played around like this. They've done a lot worse and not imposed any sort of punishment.

All of you clamoring for blood are wasting your time.

23. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Oh, come on you guys! That was AWESOME! You couldn't have come up with a better trick. Don't self ban yourself! We NEED you here on the actual April Fools day. You're completely forgiven in my book. In fact, I wasn't ever really mad. The idea was exciting, but what the hell? What's life for if not a good prank. I have great respect for anyone who could and would do that. Great respect. That was really cool. Now maybe, just maybe, I'm only saying all this because I hate to go with the crowd, but I think this is what I actually think. That was great. (I've probably just made myself some enemies, and I hate to do that, but this deserves a round of applause!) The GFFA wouldn't be any fun without an imposter or two. A brief poem, if I may:

Long live the real GL,
    But good pranks as well!

24. Dauntless

Dauntless Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2001
    I thought it was a great joke. :thumbs up: :)

25. Uwanna Buyer

Uwanna Buyer Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2000
    Zizou, what do you mean IF it worked? It darn near had everybody fooled!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.