main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apology

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Hama, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorg

Zorg Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Atomic Wedgie perhaps Jotun ? [face_plain]

2. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    If I were an admin I would be royally peeved by this. Even though some of the other admins may not have been aware of this, the repercussions of the prank fall back on them. Now any trust and faith in them to do right by these boards and their rules has been greatly diminished.

I don't want to hang Hama, however I also don't want it swept under the rug and ignored. The prank was stupid, ill-timed, and irresponsible. Be thankful that it appears not to have cost TF.n any of it's privileges and/or connections to insider information. Remember this, if an admin were to do something here that completely rankled Lucasfilm, this site would be history. Lucasfilm may not own it or run it but they still have that power.

3. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    I think this has been taken too seriously. It was just a joke gone wrong, and too many fans are overreacting.

4. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    As far as i'm concerned one of the biggest things you can do wrong on a SW board, is impersonate GL and use your admin/mod powers to convince the masses.

5. Mandrell

Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2000
    What a mess, perhaps Ryu intentions were harmless but he should have realised his prank would inevitably have grown too large for him to control. A wacky idea that was ill conceived and ill timed...and personally I don't think it's excusable either. This would normally be considered an IP banning offence. People would be less forgiving if this was an ordinary user.

6. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    hmmmmm....it would appear as if all the fun stuff happens while i'm away....:(

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I really don't care that it wasn't George Lucas. I was a bit skeptical, but I did believe the joke. I'm not dissapointed, but I'm sure others are.

Hama, being a manager and an admin, did something pretty scummy in my opinion. Administarting is pretty pathetic nowadays and I respect very few admins here. And this incident doesn't help that at all.

I don't accept your apology. If it was some idiot troll, I'd laugh and forget it the next day. What has this place come to, when its respected managers, memebers, and administrators do things that a newbie troll would do?

8. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    You gave me two very thrilled ten minutes Hama!

9. Darth Mal

Darth Mal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 1999
    People are too damn sensitive.

10. The_Dork_Side

The_Dork_Side Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    I thought the prank was funny, but it would have been funnier of fools day. And had it happened on the day it was supposed to we'd all be laughing. But Hama, I forgive you and I commend you on livening up this place!

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I doubt you people would think it was funny if this place got shut down because of this incident getting out of hand.

April Fools Day would be another matter entirely. That would have been amusing for a few minutes.

12. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Thankyou for the apology Hama.

This joke = poor judgement and bad idea.

Seems redundant to come in here and just repeat what has been said already but for those upset by this -please hold off on crying anarchy til a final decision has been reached as far as the consequences. An apology was/is a good place to start.

And don?t let your embarassment get the better of you. No one likes to be the butt of a joke ? but don?t forget we ARE here to talk about Star Wars. So let's talk about Star Wars.

EDIT: Logical, coherent sentences are a GOOD thing. I have to make sure I use them AND the preview button. Darn I'm tired. :(

13. Zizou

Zizou Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Frankly, if he gets punished more than this, then I want to know why actions in the past have been ignored.

I'll stand behind what I said earlier.

If he'd spied on a chat room, logged it, then instigated the mass deletion of threads, maybe, just maybe he'd be punished.

OH wait, no he wouldn't.

14. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Well, I forgive you, Hama. Not that I'll forget about it. No way would I do that.

15. Uwanna Buyer

Uwanna Buyer Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2000
    Are you refering to something specific, Zizou?
    ?[face_plain]

And why do your posts have such big gaps in them?

16. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    If not meant sarcastically:

quote: "Are you refering to something specific, Zizou?"

Yes, he is.

I see your point - but if you bring in other issues Zizou - it clouds the issue at hand. It accomplishes nothing and nothing gets done that way.

17. Uwanna Buyer

Mar 14, 2000
    No, not sarcastic. I have no idea what he's talking about.
    ?[face_plain]

18. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    Doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand. At least not at this moment.

Everyone is blowing up over the consequences of this without even KNOWING what those consequences are yet.

That doesn't make any sense.

19. Uwanna Buyer

Mar 14, 2000
    Yes it does, sort of. If we don't hear about any kind of punishment, the people who want one are going to think that Hama is going to get the proverbial slap on the wrist.

I personally don't care anymore what happens.

20. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Hama is a mod again.

21. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    True - if this were a week later and still no word.

But have you given them enough time to decide and to discuss what should happen? I don't think that is the case here.

I noticed AA.

22. Zizou

Zizou Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Yes I'm refering to something specific.

My posts have big gaps because i like hitting the enter key.

And this is not nearly as bad as some of the crap pulled in the past. So, why should he be punished worse than they were?

23. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    He's a mod again? This is absurd. He should be off mod status for at LEAST a week..

24. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Darth Boba, He was Demoted /to/ a mod.. we do have some things that need to be discussed, but I don't want to speak out of turn, as there are others who can explain the situation far more eloquently than i can.

Arty

25. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    quote:

"My posts have big gaps because i like hitting the enter key."

heh heh :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.