main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Apparently.. you like movies.. well lets make one... ^_^

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Jan 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    SO, here is a small proposition to all of you real hard fans of star wars.

How about realizing a Star Wars fan film, at our expenses of course.. (yeah I know it sucks..) longer than any other fan film realized yet (longer than half an hour) both in Toronto, and in Quebec (we do have large green space that could be perfect for lightsaber fighting ) So what do you think??

I allready have tons of Idea, something somewhere right before the fall of the republic. And with a good plot lots of action.

BUT I want to hear you out if you have any suggestions.

so reply please.

2. Ryallt

Ryallt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2001
    Well, we've been working on the quite ambitious project Star Wars: Legacy for some time. I'd LOVE to get more Toronto SW fans involved in the project.

Drop by the Legacy site and get in touch with me. Major progress is being made on Episode 1 of Legacy, and I'd be happy to hear from anyone who wants to get involved.

Kevin Blades
    http://www.starwarz.com/swlegacy/

3. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    There was an attempt to pull together a fanfilm last year, which fell apart mostly because everyone was too busy with RealLife (tm).

But there might be enough interest lagging around to pull one together.

4. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I'm in, I live in Ottawa, so can get to TO and Quebec pretty easy!
    :)

5. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    *looks around*

I don't know... There's something very familiar about this place....

6. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I think we would all -like- to do this, but have to wait until that darn RealLife (tm) slows down....for me, that's almost never *sigh*.

I wouldn't mind helping with something (mildly), but right now I'll be wiser than to take on any larger undertaking, because I wouldn't be able to come through on it.

Cris~

7. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Luckily (For some of us unfortuante souls) RealLife rarely gets in the way of good wholesome fun!

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes.. yes of course.. real life isn't good for all of us.. (only now that I work 40 hours a week do I understand) BUT,, does it mean we can't make this movie... no it doesn't.. common people let's do this step by step.. first step : Brainstorming about ideas.

I would like a movie about Jedi and Sith but a movie not only about fighting .. a movie about the history of those two civilizations... and of course a little bit of blade interaction..

so anyone behind me, or does someone else have a better Idea???

9. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Personally, I'd like to see a movie with Jedi and Sith interacting like Sam the Sheepdog and Wile E. Cyote.

Jedi & Sith casually riding TTC together, reading newspaper. Buy coffee at Tim Hortons... Jedi is short a quarter, the Sith spots him for it. Jedi & Sith reach the office, punch their time cards, ignite their light sabres and lock themselves into a pitched battle to the death. This goes on until lunch - at which point the sabres get put away while Jedi & Sith head out for lunch together. After lunch, cue up Duel of the Fates cuz it's back to a fight to the death. This duel ends at five, at which point Jedi & Sith punch their cards and head on home.

See you tomorrow Sam.

See you tomorrow Wile.

The End.

10. PadmeSkywalker

PadmeSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    Oooh Sith on TTC, I likes, I likes. :)

11. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like Tragic's idea, lets do it! :)

12. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Or -as long as we're going the route of lifting Looney Tunes scripts- there's the classic one with the bulldog and the kitten.

Picture:

Evil dark sith lord is practicing his moves when he comes upon cute little kitty cat. Sith lord rushes at kitty with all his anger and fury. Kitty cat merely gives a miow, and begins flicking away at the tip of his sabre with her paws.

AHHHHHHHHHH ^_^ says dark sith lord, and picks up kitten to take with him.

Well - rah rah Palpatine comes around to see how his apprentice is doing. Egads! Can't let the boss man see me with a cute kitten, or never hear the end of it. gotta hide it! And so the kitten gets hidden in a package of flour. But alas, Palpy has got it into his head to bake some cookies for bribing Trade Feddies with

"Have you ever had Lord Sidious' Chocolate Chunk Cookies before?"
    "Well no, but.... bring me a plate full!"

Horror of all horrors, the kitten has found its way into the bowl that Palpatines mixing everything in. Our poor sith lord can only look on in horror as his kitten is kneaded, rolled into a flat piece of dough and cut out into cookie shapes. He sits out on the back porch - bawling away at the loss of his friend. Palpatine comes out and offers him a cookie -- shaped like a kitty cat. The sith lord with pouting, trembling lips and wattery eyes takes the cookie and cradles it in his arms...

but surprise surprise. the kitty cat's okay. It had crawled out of the bowl while Palpatine was shooing the sith lord out of the kitchen. The sith lord picks it up and begins hugging and kissing it, when Palpatine walks back in.

Next scene is sith lord and sith kitty cat, happily training away.

'da end.

13. PadmeSkywalker

PadmeSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    *sniff* *wipes away tear*

How sweet...

14. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    *sigh*
    I still like the idea about the Jedi and the Sith paddling a canoe through the wilds of 16th century Canada.... *chuckle*

Cris~

15. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    Ok, how about a spoof of Due South.
    Fraser as the Jedi, and Ray as the Sith....

16. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Or we can be tryly Canadian and transplant the Jedi into a Frantics sketch...

Yoda and a room full of padwans in the classic 'Boot to the Head' sketch, perhaps?

17. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll just assume you've all seen Royal Canadian Air Farce... but what about spoofing their "Canadian Moment" sketch? You could have Mace Windu, Yoda (I do a mean Yoda, so CAST ME! ^_^) and the other council members discussing Star Warsy matters and ending with "Tell me about it." "You betcha." "Oh yeah, oh yeah."

18. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Or we can discharge Jar Jar out of the Chicken Cannon

:p

SZ

19. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    I have this mental picture of Jar Jar as Gonzo....

Yousa wanna go in the cannon, Camilla? :)

Cris~

20. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    (Jar Jar in bright shiny outfit, climbing onto a motorcycle)

"For my's next bom-bad trick, weesa gonna jump disa vroomer over a poola big Goberfish, huge-a thingos, while dancing da waltz wit a mekaneek and whistlin da happy diddy 'We Will Rock You'"

(Jar Jar speeds up the ramp, while waltzing away with the battle droid and whistling a happy tune. The bike sails through the air and down into the pool of man eating fish. Screams. Blood. More screams. Cries for Fuji to help him. Cut to commercial)

21. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Today's theme ingredient is: GUNGAN.

*ominous music plays as battered body of Jar Jar and Captain Tarpals rise from the floor in a cloud of dry ice....take one drink if the theme ingredient is seafood. ;) *

Tarpals: Don't worry Jar Jar, weesa thinka somethin'!

Cris~

22. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    :::jar jar puts up his hands:::

"My give up, my give up"

SZ

23. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    IRON SITH: GUNGAN BATTLE

*camera cuts over to a closeup of Iron Sith Maul*

Hattori (Doc): Well, the Iron Sith looks really worried. This is the first time he's ever worked with this ingredient, he looks like he's really sweating! (drink) This could be a challenge for the Iron Sith.

Chairman Sidious: A la cuisine!

Fukui: Well, the two chefs are diving straight in, and the Iron Sith has cleaved his Gungan in half using his two-handed lightcleaver technique! (two drinks) Challenger Kenobi looks like he's having a hard time with his Gungan, as it seems to be falling out of the way of his lightcleaver.

Otah: Fukui-san!

Fukui: Take it, big fella! (drink)

Otah: If you look over at the Iron Sith's side, he's cutting his Gungan's arms into small strips.

Ditzy Actress: Ooh, I think he may steam that! (drink!)

24. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I think I saw that ep. It was the one where Yoda proclaimed the other guy wasn't a real Jedi because he stood on his cutting board, wasn't it?

25. NovaDream

NovaDream Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2001
    damn...did anyone check out "duality"
    as good as ILM material I'll say..

Nova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.