main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Application Process to become a Jedi Youngling

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bazinga'd , Apr 22, 2022.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am not sure if it has been explicitly mentioned somewhere in the SWU universe, but is there a formal application / interview / testing process to be selected as a Jedi Youngling to the Jedi Temple? If so, what is the selection criteria?

I wonder what the application package questions would look like?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that the 9 year old Anakin was "too old" and that the standard is for infants to be inducted, I think it's safe to say that those infants do not have to fill in a set of application questions. I think the only selection criteria is, normally, that they have a high midi-chlorian count.

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I would hope the Jedi Council was more selective than that. If they had, and enfoced those standards, young Anakin may not have come to be (notwithstanding Qui Gon)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The point I'm making is that it's impossible to tell what kind of adult a baby will grow up to be, when it's still a baby. So the Jedi can't be "weeding out future Darksiders" at the baby stage and refusing them entry to the Order.

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Well didnt the Council attempt to do that with the prophecy of the chosen one, which turned out to not mean what they thought it meant?

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin wasn't a baby though - he was a 9 year old.

Whatever was done with Anakin, does not represent standard operating procedure for assessments.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Watcherwithin and Bazinga'd like this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    See what happens when you dont follow long establish procedures. My point is, either the Jedi disregarded their SOPs or they did not have a formal procedure. In essence they violated the galactic administrative procedures act.