main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[April Fools Game] Guess Which Mod! - Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Apr 1, 2020.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Welcome, all! On this, the most auspiscious first day of April, it is our honor to present the:

Guess Which Mod Game!

[​IMG]

In honor of April Fool's Day, we would like to invite our fellow readers and writers to participate in a little bit of community silliness - especially since we are all being so careful to keep ourselves socially distanced in real life. So, step right up and put your knowledge of your friendly neighborhood mods to the test!

The Rules of this game are simple: below, you will find a list of 21 random facts. Seven belong to each of your three mods. Send any of us - Briannakin, mavjade, or Mira_Jade - a PM guessing which fun fact belongs to which mod. You will have all of April 1st to do so. On April 2nd we will announce who had the most correct guesses! The winner will receive 72 hours of colours, along with unlimited bragging rights as teh Ultimate Victor!

So, how well do you think you know your mods? Let's find out!

[​IMG]

Guess which mod . . .
    1. Two of her grandparents were born in a British colony
    2. Once took a nap in a race car
    3. Has been on almost 3,000 flights (and still loves the view!)
    4. Has a super secret time travel password
    5. Has two tattoos
    6. Favourite novel is The Martian
    7. Is that geek who prefers the Silmarillion over Lord of the Rings
    8. Enjoys drawing and painting as much as reading and writing
    9. Has a tendency to talk too fast, especially when passionate about a subject
    10. Has never been to a state capital
    11. Plays offence in wheelchair rugby
    12. Lives in New York City
    13. Has an octopus painting on her kitchen wall
    14. Patronus is a Thestral
    15. Hogwarts House is a Hufflepuff
    16. Has no favorite color
    17. Has five dogs
    18. Can't stand the smell of wet peanut butter
    19. Once made Old Bay flavored ice cream
    20. Hates watching scary movies
    21. Doesn't mind the dentist but hates the optometrist

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I am going to be so confidently wrong for the vast majority of these... :p

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ACK! I missed this doozy funness! :( I eagerly await the answers, although I think I know some of them. ;)

Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I think we are going to extend this quiz till the end of the weekend - we're just tying to figure out how to reward the winner who got their answers in the original timeframe and also still encourage more entries (because we didn't get nearly enough for our liking). So please still, send us your guesses!

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So far the top person (including those in the original time frame and those who have submitted after) has 17 correct!! Can anyone beat that?!

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The extra time definitely brought in a few more awesome guesses! Thank you all for playing, and we hope that you had as much fun participating as we did hosting! [face_dancing]

Now, it is our pleasure to announce THE WINNERS!

[​IMG]

*drumroll*

Readers and writers, lurkers and betas and fanfiction aficionados, please put your hands together and help us give a warm round of applause to: Findswoman and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

@Findswoman was our champ in the initial timeframe, coming in first with an awesome 15 correct guesses out of 21!

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha had the best guesses in the extended timeframe with an impressive 17 correct out of 21!

You will both receive 72 hours of colours! We'll contact you shortly to help set that up. :D [face_dancing] [:D]

[​IMG]

Now, do you want to know which mod was which? We are more than happy to share a little bit more about ourselves with you all!

Briannakin
    Plays offence in wheelchair rugby
    Many of you know, I've recently taken up the sport since moving and I love it. Offence/defensive positions are based on classifications (lowest being 0.5, highest being 3.5), based on mobility range (lower is less mobility) - lowers are defensive, higher are offensive and I'm a 3.

Two of her grandparents were born in a British colony
    Newfoundland didn't become a Canadian providence until 1949. My mother's parents were born on the island in 1943 and 1944, so were born British Citizens.

Favourite novel is The Martian
    Sci-fi, sarcasm, survival, and swearing. What's there not to love? I've recently convinced Mav to read it (finally).

Patronus is a Thestral
    My friends made me do the Pottermore quiz even before I was a fan (I hopped on the bandwagon late) and were REALLY MAD when I got one of the super rare patronuses (patroni?). Since reading the books, it actually makes a lot of sense, and I love boney ponies (listen to the Potterless podcast and you'll get the joke). ALSO, ALL YOU WHO THOUGHT I WAS A 'PUFF ARE IN FOR IT! I am a Ravenclaw, thank you very much! (Though I should probably realistically be a Slytherin).

Has never been to a state capital
    I tried to be tricky with this one but I don't think anyone fell for it. As a Canadian, I've been to a few major US cities, but none of them were state capitals.

Has an octopus painting on her kitchen wall
    It's a copy of THIS print and it was just too petty to have anywhere else, so it went in my kitchen.

Has two tattoos
    And both were before I finished high school :p I want more, but life organization isn't my strength and I have so many ideas! I just can't decide

mavjade

Once took a nap in a race car
    My dad was part of a dirt track racing team when I was little. They'd had to work on the car and put me in the seat so they'd know where I was and wouldn't be running around and I fell asleep (I was around 4 or so).

Doesn't mind the dentist but hates the optometrist
    The optometrist gives me a lot of anxiety. There are no right or wrong answers, and yet there are, so I think it's kinda test anxiety that kicks in. Also my optometrist when I was younger creeped me out (he never did anything) and got 'mad' at me a lot (my vision changed so quickly I had to go every 6 months), so I think that probably is a part of it.

Has a super secret time travel password
    Everyone should have a super secret time travel password!! If someone ever comes to you and tells you they are you from the future, ask them for the password. If they know it, they are you and you should do what they say! If they don't know the password, they aren't you, don't believe them. It should go without saying but don't tell anyone your super secret time travel password.

Can't stand the smell of wet peanut butter
    Blaahhhhgggg..... it makes me gag. I'm telling you guys, I've smelled all sorts of infections, bodily functions, worked in a burn unit, been to an autopsy, I've smelled some smells. But I can't deal with wet peanut butter. Before I was so plastic conscious, I'd use a plastic knife every time I used pb, now I just leave the peanut butter knives for my husband.

Once made Old Bay flavored ice cream
    I was once going on and on about Old Bay and how I could put it on just about anything and a housemate said "Ice cream?" and I said challenge accepted. I ended up making Old Bay bourbon ice cream with Old Bay spiced nuts. It was actually really good. Unfortunately, I messed up measuring and didn't get the exact measurements of what I made.

Hogwarts House is a Hufflepuff
    Yes, yes, I'm a Hufflepuff and proud of it! The first time I ever took a sorting hat quiz I got Gryffindor and I just laaaughed and laughed. I'm so not a Gryffindor.

Lives in New York City
    I think this was the obvious one for me if you've been in the social thread. I've lived here for almost 5 years and I love it! But I grew up in a small town in West Virginia, so I've done both small town and big city. Turns out I'm a city girl, though I do miss my mountains.

Mira_Jade

Has been on almost 3,000 flights (and still loves the view!)
    Yep, after almost four years of being a flight attendant I hear please fasten your seat belts and make sure your seatbacks and tray tables are in an upright and locked position in my sleep. But I've also seen some amazing sights, and even got to ride up front in the flight deck once. It's a job that's hard to top, in more ways than one!

Has no favorite color
    Who can choose just one?! Every color has a time and a place and can be used in a way that makes it beautiful.

Has five dogs
    Yeeeeah, we had a Pomeranian and a Yorkie who loved each other very much, and before we could get them fixed they had a litter of their own puppies. So we still have a couple, and all of my friends pretty much have one of their babies too. My dog - the one who is just absolutely mine of the bunch - I named Pippin without realizing just how prophetic that name would someday become! :oops:

Enjoys drawing and painting as much as reading and writing
    Why yes I do! You can add that I love gardening and baking, too. Really, any creative outlet - especially those that let your hands do something tactile, like mixing paint or kneading bread or digging in the dirt - is just a go-to happy place for me.

Is that geek who prefers the Silmarillion over Lord of the Rings
    Tolkien's Histories of Middle-Earth is the most amazing feat of world building, long-term plot expansion, and development of fantastical lore that I've ever had the pleasure to immerse myself in, and you can't change my mind! Lord of the Rings is barely the tip of the iceberg; there's just so much more! (And then there's that little fun fact that I once had a vignette collection that topped 450k+ words where I happily fleshed out events in the Silmarillion with prose, but is that really here or there in the end? [face_whistling])

Hates watching scary movies
    Who WANTS to be scared and purposefully cause themselves stress and anxiety? No, thank you, not me!

Has a tendency to talk too fast, especially when passionate about a subject
    Erm, anyone who has even read one of my rants should find it easy to guess this! Sometimes I just tend to get going about a subject and then I'm off! But, I try my best to slow down - especially when I see quizzical faces staring back at me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Keeripes! :eek: Wow, I hadn’t expected to do that well on this at all! Well, thank you so much—this was a lot of fun and a great way to learn about the three of you fine folks. :) And congratulations to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , too, on a mighty impressive showing! =D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to @Findswoman @};- It was a blast matching the facts to the individual mods LOL

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Cool information! I counted them up, and I had 13 correct, so I was close!