main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [April Fools] West Wing Press Briefing (General West Wing Questions / Discussions)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by dp4m, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Hi, I'm dp4m and I'm your new Press Secretary.

Generally, we'll credential anyone who wants to ask questions, though we'll move the vloggers to the back of the room because the print writers tend to show up every day and if the camera shows empty seats then the mods tend to get nervous the messages aren't getting out.

So, who's got questions... raise your hand.

And, to forestall any questions: No, we don't know what happened to Mandy and, frankly, we don't care.

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  2. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Was it ever discussed why Sorkin spent the entire 1st season setting up a Sam/Mallory relationship and then just dropped it?

3. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
    Interesting tidbit the scene where Donna is sent to North Dakota to give the White House's opinion on dropping North from the state name. Totally a thing. They really did think that dropping North from the state name would increase tourism and positive views of the state. People are really dumb here at times.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    As someone from West Virginia, I can understand the impulse.

If I had $1 for every time someone asked me if I lived near Virginia Beach, or Richmond, or just said "Oh I've never been to Virginia", I'd be a rich person. WEST Virginia, a completely different state since 1863.

(And these are people who grew up in the US and should at least be familiar with all 50 states, not people from other countries who I wouldn't expect to know the difference.)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Once the article on Sam and Laurie was posted -- thanks to some unscrupulous members of your profession I might add -- it basically ended any chance my man Sam had with Mallory. Also, did you see the beefcake she ended up with?

mavjade likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Is there a plan to fight inflation and if so, will you tell us about it?

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Briannakin and mavjade like this.
  8. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
    Is there any truth to the rumors that President Bartlett''s oldest daughter Liz will throw her hat into the ring for an open congressional seat?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

That's Liz Bartlet Westin, thanks. And no, after seeing her father and mother through the lens of their relationship, she's happy to support her husband -- Doug -- in his ambitions, but though all polling says she'd easily walk away with a Congressional seat from NH she would prefer to stay out of politics and focus on her family.

10. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
    When is it big block of cheese day?

Chyntuck, Briannakin and mavjade like this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I haven't spoken with the Moderators yet today, but typically Big Block of Cheese day falls either in October or earlier in the beginning of the year, so it's unlikely to be for some time.

Also, I don't know about you all, but I'm terrified about outreach to the JCC or the Sequel Trilogy forum...

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    My name is Imma Terrorist and I am the destroyer of the fictional worlds, because Karl and Friedrich's spiris reached through the now-deprecated Force and bestowed their gift on me. My noble People's Republic of Absurdistan, where men are men and women are women (whatever that may mean) is coming to stage a Copa de la Mala Vida in your Wing. Rouge One carnage is nothing compared to this, because the holy society Angles of Satin is on my side.

Also, Poggle the Lesser, my boyfriend and conoseucantspellthatword of "Ugly Bug Ball". Can I bribe Disney to allow me to write a fanfic based on that, or would I have a better chance with Aaron Sorkin?

*My sense of humour brought you ANGRY MACE and Brave Little Banthas and I cannot post a crack!fic, so...yeah. As Foamy the Squirrel would say, worship me. Or warship me, I am good at that game. Barlett is nothing but a starlet, but don't tell him I said that, he would retire. :(

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.