main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Get Together 4/14 Dog Haus Biergarten

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Apr 14, 2018.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002

New location, we'll be talking TLJ home release, the Rebels finale, Solo trailers and more!

Sent from my Power Sword using The Force

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Good to see y'all! It had been a while for @FanForced and me.

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The April Get Together of the Rocky Mountain Fan Force was held at 2pm on 4/14/18 at Dog Haus Biergarten in Stapleton. The wintery weather turned nice just in time for us to use the outdoor patio. Food and beer was great. Service was good and they even turned down the volume on the outside speaker to help with our conversations.. still a bit loud though. Great atmosphere, just wasn't the easiest locale for big group discussions.

(Non)Raffle Announcements

Roll Call --Name/Board Name/Topic: - Therm Scissorpunch.. that’s a new character from Solo. What is your Star Wars name? - This was a fun topic as we followed a formula for Star Wars names and where we would fit in that universe with a name like that.

Old Business

-February Get Together at The Goods
    -Float Build & Denver St. Patrick's Parade

New Business
    -Star Wars After Dark 6-10pm Friday 5/4 - We'll be hosting a trivia contest for the adult-only event at Wings Over the Rockies. Need as many volunteers as possible, we won't be doing a separate table for this event. DIEWOMPRATDIE is the lead for this event.

-Star Wars at the Hangar 12-4pm Saturday 5/5 - We'll be hosting several trivia contests for the Saturday family event at Wings. Again, no table unless we get a ton of volunteers. Please contact J.T. or sign up on the Facebook event. We need volunteers.

-May Get Together 5/19 @ Denny’s - We gotta go the spot for the Solo tie-in. Possibly the Denny's off I-25 in southwest Denver.

-Solo Premiere 5/24 - No theater picked yet, talked about screens all over town.

- Elitch Gardens Theater Summer Film Series 6/1 - We're gonna have a small table with group info and 1-on1 trivia with prizes. Oh yeah, they'll be showing Return of the Jedi!!

-Denver Star Wars Group Dinner 6/14 - Dinner at Hard Rock café the first night of Denver Comic-Con, details coming soon.

[Note]Meeting wrapped up here, did not cover the rest. Just did the raffle drawing and photo.

Star Wars News:
    -The Last Jedi Home Release – favorite deleted scene or other extra?
    -Star Wars Rebels – finale last month, what did you think? Hopes for future series?
    -Solo Trailer – new aliens, dialogue for the key characters, a heist on a train and more!
    -Episode IX – Should Leia be recast?
    Publishing News:
    Gaming News:

- EA has announced that a new mode will be coming to Battlefront 2 next week called Ewok Hunt. This Limited time mode will allow you to play as a Stormtrooper
    Treasurer's Report
    Collecting News -
    Hasbro crowdfunding Sail Barge is a go, thoughts? - Solo merchandise release
    Other Open Discussion
    Raffle Drawing
    Time for Trivia

Group Photo

corran_r9 likes this.
  4. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I'll be in town for this one....any chance of slightly further north? :D

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    There's one near I-70 and Peoria if that works better for the group.

Sent from my Power Sword using The Force

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    That's moderately acceptable. :)