main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge April is WIP Month! (Finish WIPs, Get Prizes!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Mar 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Okay, cool! In this case it's also mostly editing, so I'll stick with the Medium goal.

I'm also working on a fic for the OTP challenge that at this point looks like about three chapters but is in very rough draft form with a lot of filler and will probably end up being a oneshot (assuming I finish at all haha!). So I'd like to do the same as you and @ViariSkywalker and put that one as Large/Medium, depending on how long it ends up being.

And I know there's no way I'm going to get all of these done, but I'm joining the "shoot for the moon" group in the hopes I can complete something from the list at least. :p

Thanks again! :)

Reviews: 10

Small:
    300 words on unpublished oneshot I'll Stand By You Always

Medium:
    Finish Chapter: Finish a chapter on A Sleigh Ride Together With You (since it's already like three months past when I wanted to have it finished by :p)

Large:

Finish Multiple One-Shots: Finish To Love You More, Between The Dirt And The Stars, & untitled Haiku challenge fic
    Finish Multi: Untitled unpublished fic for OTP Challenge #19

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I've been back on the boards for nearly 6 months and I haven't even managed to read anything, let alone write, so I'm going to hope that this challenge is the kick in the butt that I need. I won't be shooting for the moon though, let's keep this realistic.

Medium goal:
    Finish the next chapter of The Tale of Noora and Seyf.

Review goal: 5

Thanks for hosting this @Findswoman!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  4. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Hmm...I'll see what I can do.

Large:
    5000+: Write 5000 words or more on Heritage, Encoded

Reviews: 5

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ack, sorry to have fallen behind on updating! The index should be fully updated now—if I have left anyone or anything out, please don’t hesitate to let me know! It’s wonderful to see so many new takers—looking forward to seeing what we’ll be able to do in just a couple days, now! :)

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Could I please add a goal to my list, @Findswoman? [face_batting]

I thought I'd have this story done by April, but it grew on me and now there are going to be three parts to it. I know. Who's surprised? :p

So for yet another Large goal ...

Finish Multi: finish untitled Diskworld challenge short-story.

Thanks! [:D]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    You got it! Got it in the list. :)

9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Small Goal
    100: Write 100 words on [Dark Matter] Happier.

Medium Goals
    1000: Write 1000 words on [Final Fantasy X] Temple Tang (college AU).
    2000: Write 2000 words on [Crossover] Bucephalus.

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great! Got it in, thanks! :)

11. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I like how everyone else has got multiple goals and multiple stories and people are just completing and adding more goals like it's nothing... then there's me on the list with my single small goal of 500 words. lol It's good to be an underachiever.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Starith -- I'd rather set one or two small/medium goals I'm likely to reach, as you did, than large ones that I probably won't. :p @};- Then if it looks like I can expand the medium to large as I go along then change it, in lieu of setting it large and having to shrink it. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  13. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I probably will reach another goal, since I happen to be doing OK with my current fic. Though I might've just jinxed myself by saying that.

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @Starith , small goals are totally fine! That is why the small goals category exists, and this thread will support you in those goals just as much as it would if they were larger. :) I set only a single writing goal for myself that I likely won't be able to make, so I really commend you for setting limits, being realistic, and planning accordingly. That can be a hard thing to do. @};-

And now, just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up--or change your sign-up in any way--before WIP Month begins! :D

15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @Starith I agree with @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @Findswoman. Any goals and achievements are awesome! :)

Also, @Findswoman, I'd like to add a few more things to my list if I may. I decided I might as well try to write down some of these ideas at least instead of just thinking about them. And who knows, maybe I'll even finish one or two. :p Thank you so much!

Small:
    100 words on untitled Ahsoka fic
    100 words on Devil's Arcade (tentative title)
    100 words on untitled 'florist' fic

Large:

Adding one more fic to my Finish Multiple One-Shots goal:
    Untitled 'toothpaste' fic

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    You got it--just added 'em! :)

18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
  19. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    In right before the literal last minute.

I'm going to have to be realistic: I haven't written any new words on the following fanfictional WIPs in months (since I have been without a computer to call my own for much of the past year), and I am working on an original novel as my main project, which most likely means I'll be working on these goals in the white space between scenes. So no shooting for the moon here.

Small Goals:

500 words on "The Winter Queen"
    Finish current section (it's only been in progress since 2019!) + the opening of next scene of "Water Flowing Underground."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  20. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    In just to beat Pandora on the literal-literal last minute :p and because Mr. Chyn wants to know what happens next in a long-forgotten story: adding a small goal of 500 words for The Kyberkerk of Jedha.

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Excellent! @JediMaster_Jen , @Pandora (so good to see you back!), and @Chyntuck , I've got those last few things added to the index. I hope it all looks right; if there are any mistakes, just let me know!

And now that it's the first of the month, sign-ups are closed, and it's time to get this party started! Happy writing and productive muses to all. :)

22. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Wrote 1336 words in.a chapter for Everywhere Peace, Everywhere Serenity. Now I have a mere 3664 words left to go to achieve my Large Goal for that story. Onwards and upwards, my friends!

I've also written 1762 words in The Ground Quakes and Trembles, meaning that I've met and surpassed my Medium Goal of 1000 words for that story. [face_dancing] Not a bad start to April for me.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, that’s some impressive work already, @devilinthedetails ! This WIP month is definitely off to a great start for you. :)

So, I think what I’ll do is record word counts à la the word race when people provide them for their word count goals. For non-word-count-related goals (things like “finish X”), you can report word counts if you like or not, as you prefer. (For example, I have written a touch more on my voorpak story, but because it involved a lot of editing of previous stuff it’s not the easiest to try to get a word count from, so I’m not going to report one for now.) How’s that sound as a policy?

24. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Findswoman Thanks! Spring and the April air is making me feel inspired for now. Hopefully the inspiration stays around for the rest of WIP month!:)

Today I have written 500 words for my Adrift in An Ocean of Love story, which means I met my Small Goal of writing 500 words for that story. [face_dancing]

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, ma’am, are you on a roll or are you on a roll! Got it in the index—great work! =D=