main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX April Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by _erikstormtrooper_, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathStarCanteen

DeathStarCanteen Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2010
    Christy and I got dinged as well. The parking lot attendant said the server was 'incorrect'. Which is too bad because it was nice having a dedicated parking area.

2. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    The machine ate both my tickets and it took nearly five minutes for the attendant to get over to check it. He let me out. I've gone there for dinner about four or five times a year for the past five years, and never gotten charged to park there with the Two Rows validation. Sorry you guys got stuck with that. I'd say it's definitely a deal breaker, and we should head back to Stag's (but reserve the room at least a few weeks in advance) or seek out another venue. I also like Brian's BBQ idea, and we could do a movie outing or Dave & Buster's night at some point.

Parking issues aside, I had a great time as always. It's a fun group, and I like that the new additions make it that much more so!

3. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    OK. My notes from the meeting:

New Members: Welcome to Doug and Catherine! Doug's actually not new; he used to be a member of the Houston Fan Force back when the prequels were coming out.

Comicpalooza: Apparently there were 4,000 people in attendance. Some of the issues discussed were the lack of a weapons policy, and the mystery of the disappearing room key. Ian asked that anyone with ideas or suggestions relating to comicpalooza contact him.

Relay for Life: John talked about the plans for this, which is this coming weekend. Christi came up with the idea of auctioning a "Padme Basket". More details are in the Relay for Life thread.

Astros Star Wars Day: Ian talked about this, which is on June 6th at 1:05 PM. More info in the Astros thread.

Celebration V: No one seems to have any concrete plans at the moment, but several people are interested in going.

Possible June Party: Brian has offered to host another Fan Force party at his house. He's thinking of a BBQ on either Saturday, June 19th or 26th. He plans on having a marathon viewing of the Season 1 Clone Wars Blu-Ray. This will probably take the place of our June meeting.

Apollocon: While discussing the June party, the issue of Apollocon (http://www.apollocon.org/) came up. It will be on June 25-27, at the DoubleTree near the Bush Intercontinental airport. There was a discussion about whether we should try to make an appearance and get a table at the con. Some were in favor, but some were not. There was no real resolution, so I'll put this on the agenda for May.

Places to Meet: Everyone seemed to enjoy Two Rows. But there were no strong opinions on the matter. We talked about the possibility of other types of activities, like meeting at an arcade, or going to Dave & Busters for a meeting/meal, followed by games. After the meeting, many people ended up having to pay for parking, so I'm pretty turned off by Two Rows as a regular meeting place. Next month I think we should go back to Stags, and I'll see what needs to be done to reserve the party room. If you have any concrete ideas for other places to meet, please share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.