main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the true fans the ones that point out all the flaws or are they the ones that like the prequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by sdj, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    If yhoug think the Dagobah scenes are boring, cna yous till be star wars fan? if you odnt like Lando Clairisan, are you still a star wars fan or can yo ube a start wars fan? Obciously the answer is no so step back and look at the mirro rbefore you all someone lese is not a fan. mayeb you are a fan of ocena's 11, but you don't have to like ER to be aGeorge Clooney fan, so you can't be a Star Wars fan evne if you like the PT AND the OT both? who ever heard of a fair-weather jar-har, well not me.

PROUND FAN OF STAR WARS SINCE MAY 22 1977

2. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    Oh great, now we're bashing minorities. I feel a great sadness for the likes of this thread's future.

3. OgiBenDagi

OgiBenDagi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2002
    Thank You, The_Abstract, I didn't think anyone actually got my name. That's cool.

I saw these words in another very good thread where Homlessjedi is attempting to explain why most of the masses dislike AOTC...go check it out. I think these words seem to fit here too, so I'm gonna post them.

"I think a lot more people today are hyper-critical because they have begun to lose the ability to see value in things in their lives. They feel the desire to attack that which others find value in as a way of attacking their waning ability to experience joy." --Kosmicknine

"The only pleasure left to the jaded is in attacking others." --Anais Nin, posted by Kaui-Gone-Jim :)

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    OgiBenDagi is right. OT, PT, and EU are all SW and very one who likes one of those thing are fans. It's not oh you like the PT your not a fan. who cares if some oen likes the PT and become a fan of SW but are not big fans of OT or if they like the EU but not so much the OT or PT. EVER ONE WHO COME TO NOW ABOUT SW through the OT, PT or even the EU. IS AN SW FAN. WHY DO WE HAVE TO SAY THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE PT. THIS IS A ANY ONE CAN JOIN CLUB. IT IS OPEN TO ALL WHO LIKE SW AN IN WAY OR FORM. LET US NOT SHUT THEM OUT.

5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Ok, ok! I give up! You DON'T have to be able to write in the English language in order to be a true fan.

:)

6. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    That line was already crossed last week by a Basher.

And Jabbadabbado has already admitted you're outnumbered.

7. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    SEE DOSE NOT MATTER IF YOU LIKE THE PT YOU ARE AN SW FAN. IF YOU LIEK EU SAME THING. OT SAME THING. LET US WELOCME AS MANY NW FANS IN THE CLUB. BECAUSE IF WE DON'T ONE DAY SW WILL DIE OUT BECAUSE WE HAVE TOHSE WHO SAY ONLY HTE OT FANS ARE THE TURE FANS. DO YOU WANT SW TO DIE OUT? I THINK NOT.

8. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    I'M HAVEING A CRAZY OFF-THE-HOOK PARTY AT MY PAD AND ALL THE STAR WARS FANS ARE INVITED. THAT IS, ALL THE STARY WARS FANS WHO LIKED ANH AND ESB AND MOST OF ROTJ BUT VERY LITTLE OF TPM AND ALMOST NONE OF AOTC CAN COME. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE BLACK OR WHITE, OR YELLOW OR BROWN. IF YOU'RE A STAR WARS FAN, COME TO MY PLACE AND WE CAN ALL GET DOWN.

BUT ONLY IF YOU LIKED AND AND ESB AND MOST OF ROTJ BUT VERY LITTLE OF TPM AND ALMOST NONE OF AOTC. NO SPECIAL EDITIONS INT HSI HOSUE BABY!!!!!

9. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    YOU KNOW WHAT TOKYOXTREME THAT IS WAY THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HATE SW ALL TOGETHER. BECUASE IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DO NOT WANT THEM IN. CAN'T YOU JUST SAY OH YOU SAW AOTC AND YOU LIKED IT HAVE YOU SEEN THE OTHERS THERE GEART TO. IF THEY SAY NO SHOW THEM THOSE AND THERE YOU HAVE IT A NEW SW FAN. ALL BECAUSE THEY SAW THE PT.

10. OgiBenDagi

Aug 31, 2002
    Xenophobia, this thread suffers from.
    Much fear I sense in you.

11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    ...funniest...thread...ever...

12. The_Abstract

Jul 16, 2002
    OgiBenDagi

I hate to have to pull my card to show I'm a real Star Wars fan, but the only tape I had of ANH was from HBO in the early 80's, which showes Hardware Wars immediately after. Ain't I a lucky guy?

13. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    HEY I HAVE ESB TAPED FORM SHOWTIME. ALSO YES ALL SIX FLIMS HAVE FLAWS BUT SO WHAT. SW ALONG WITH VERY MOVIE EVER MADE HAS FALWS IN IT NAME ONE MOVIE THAT DOES NOT.

14. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    SEEMS JUST THE OTHER DAY I WAS WATCHING A NEW HOPE ON DVD. DON'T AKS ME HOW THAT'S POSSIBEL, BUT THERE I WAS IN MY LIVING ROOM, HAVING A SIP OF COKE, AND WATCHING A NEW HOPE. WELL, DO YOU KNOW HAT REALLY DOEP PART WHERE BEN KENOBI LEANS BACK AND STROKES HIS BEARD, AND THEN THE CAMERA CUTS TO LUKE, WHO IS KINDA STARING AT WHERE THE LIEA HOLOGRAM WAS, AND TEHN THE CAMERA CUTS BACK TO BEN WHO GIVES LUKE THIS SIDEWAYS LOOK AND THEN THE CAMERA CUTS ALL COOL BACK TO LUKE WHO CATCHES BEN'S GAZE? BEN THEN LEANS FORWAD AND TELLS AT LUKE "YOU MUST LEARN THE WAYS OF THE FORCE IF YOU ARE TO COME TIWTH ME TO ALDERAAN."

THAT'S A REALLY COOL SCENE, AND AS A TRUE HONEST TO GOLDEN-GOD FAN OF STAR WARS, I MISS TH ELITTLE STUFF LIEK THAT IN THE GOOD-AS-GODAWFUL PILE OF SHIZ THAT IS WHAT WE CALL ATTACK OF THE CLOENS.

15. OgiBenDagi

Aug 31, 2002
    Hardware Wars :)

A name I haven't heard since all before....

Yeah, those little shorts between movies on HBO really warped me. Do you remember the one where the film canisters come alive and chase that guy around his office?

16. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Whoa... :eek:

I was here last night and posted my thoughts, and I come back today to five additional pages and some horrible mud-slinging...

A couple of things:

Jabbadabbadoo: For one thing, your opinion of a movie or set of movies is just that...an opinion. You have absolutely no right to pass off your opinion as fact, or to insult the people who disagree with you by calling them "morons" and every other name you've called us PT fans on this thread. For another thing, to say that George Lucas should stay away from Star Wars is laughable and ridiculous. Who died and left you in control of the universe? Lucas wrote Star Wars, and if he wants Jar-Jar to step in poop and say "Ex-squeeze me" while still calling it "Star Wars", that is his business. He doesn't have to run it by you for approval first.

I am absolutely horrified at the way this thread has disintegrated, and I hope one of the moderators is aware of it.

a_g (A "SW Master fan" who likes all 5 movies)

17. The_Abstract

Jul 16, 2002
    anakin-girl

They are quite aware. I think it amuses them to no end. How do you think Jerry Springer got so popular? I just picture them all in the same room, laughing and crying at how ridiculous we all are. I'm sorry you had to read all this. It really is the last circle of Hell on this message board.

18. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    GO ANAKIN_GIRL. YOUR RIGHT WE ARE ALL SW FANS. ALL FIVE SO FAR HAVE THERE FLAWS. THERE NOT PREFECT THAT IS WHY GL MADE THE SE OF THE 1ST THREE. THERE WERE THINGS HE COULD NOT DO BACK IN THE 77'S OR 80'S THAT HE CAN DO NOW. AND AGAIN VERY ONE WHO LIKE THE OT IS AN SW FAN. PT SAME THING. EU SAME THING. WE ARE ALL SW FANS. IT IS NOT JUST THE ONES WHO LIEK ESB OR JSUT THE OT. IF THAT WERE THE CASE THERE WOULD BE NO EU OR PT AND SW WOUDL BE DEAD.

19. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Or the establishing shot for that scene, Tokyo, the simple shot of just the worn out baked dome of Kenobi's hut, with the speeder parked next to the door. For all its simplicity, that shot has so much realism, so much authenticity, with the cracked, old facade and the beat up speeder next to it. That's the kind of detail that makes a film great, not the endless parade of cg beasties.

20. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Anakin_girl wrote: "Jabbadabbadoo: For one thing, your opinion of a movie or set of movies is just that...an opinion. You have absolutely no right to pass off your opinion as fact, or to insult the people who disagree with you by calling them "morons" and every other name you've called us PT fans on this thread."

I looked through this thread for me calling someone a "moron" or for any other personal insults I may have written. Nope. There aren't any. Please read more carefully next time.

21. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    For all its simplicity, that shot has so much realism, so much authenticity, with the cracked, old facade and the beat up speeder next to it. That's the kind of detail that makes a film great, not the endless parade of cg beasties.

SIGH, THEY DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE THAT ANYMORE, DO THEY. BY THEY WAY, WASN'T THIS TERRIFIC ESTABLISHING SHOT TOTALLY OBLITERATED IN TEH SPECIAL DDITION VERSION, IF YOU CAN DARE EVEN CALL IT THE SAME FILM (I DON'T CONSIDER ANHSE TO BE STAR WARS, MUCH AS I DON'T CONSIDER RICK MCCALLUM TO BE A TRUE STAR TWARS FAN0)

22. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    IS THERE SOME WHY TO END THIS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU SAY TO THE BASHERS TO THEM THE ONLY WAY YOUR ANY SW FAN IS IF YOU LIKE THE OT. SO IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT ME AND ALL THE OTHER FANS WHO LIKE THE OT AND PT OR JUST THE FANS OF THE PT TO SAY? THAT WE ONLY LIKE THE OT? WELL GOOD FOR YOU FOR WANTIGN TO KILL SW LIKE THAT. TELL ME HOW I CANEND THIS BECAUSE. ALSO ABSTRACT WHAT IS HARDWARE WARS. I'N TO YOUNG TO KNOW ABOUT SOMEHTING LIKE THAT.

23. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Tokyo, I'll accept almost any definition of "true fan" that doesn't include Rick McCallum.

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Jabbadabbado, this is a warning to please not flame other users or put them down in any way, shape, or form. And to all, I don't care whether or not you loved AOTC or hated it, argue your case with intelligence and respect. If you don't, I'll unfortunately need to take action. And whether a basher or a gusher, the punishment for the offense will be equal on both sides.

25. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    OOOOOOOOOO! somebody's in trou-ble!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.