main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the women of Star Wars under represented in the action figure realm?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Amidala Starkiller, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't know if this comment even holds water anymore due to the saturation of the secondary market in places like Ebay, but it used to be that female figures were more valued from a "collector's" view than most. I guess the logic being that guys were not gonna by female figures to play with, hence there weren't as many out there making them valuable collectibles. In the early to mid 90's, female figures were the thing to get: ST's Deanna Troi, Spawn's Angela, and FF's Sue Richards were ridiculously high-priced on the secondary market compared to male figures of the same lines. As we all know, the Hasbro's of the world are still predominantly interested in the "playing with your figures" market, which is why I think you'll continue to see a low number of female characters. On the plus side for collectors wanting female figures, Hasbro did put out some beautiful figures directed right at us - the Princess Leia 12" series, along with Amidala's 12" series were gorgeous. So I guess like they say, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. The selection of female figures may be lower, but at least they seem to want to make up for it with quality female-themed collectibles.

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Aren't 2 of the bear clan figures girls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.