main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Are there any EU what-ifs that interest you?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I don't think Ken ever acknowledged taking the Palpatine surname.

I actually worked on an idea that he was Luke's legal ward or adopted son, which made him Ben's older brother when the boy was finally born.

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    That would have been really cool.

I know Luke sponsored the girl on Bakura, would have been cool, if Luke had, this sort of adopted family as well as Ben and Mara.

My what if is

what if Shadow of the Sith was made

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_VII:_Shadows_of_the_Sith

And called Episode 7.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Force Smuggler and Xammer like this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    You know, I've never even heard of that game until just now. Seems to me like calling it Episode VII was just a marketing gimmick to make the game seem more important.

Xammer likes this.
  4. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    (isn't that the same as the other episode 7 though?)

It is still an Episode 7, game rather than a movie. I could see Lucas doing it though, since he was increasingly involved in video game production.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What if the KOTOR I gave pre-Korriban members of the Sith species the Rakata’s role or made the Star Forge a Sadow-era or Kun-era weapon?

What if the “True Sith” mentioned in KOTOR II were pre-Korriban members of the Sith species or “Ragnos”? If the former, they could be “Dark Lord of the Rakata”.

What if they made Sly Moore a descendent of Phanius?

7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Once authors like Abel Peña began to make connections of dark side antagonists from many different series, and giving them context in the general picture of the Empire, my dreamt content was to actually to get a peak at these inner workings between darksiders in the Empire. A visual depiction of characters like Laddinare Torbin and the Constable of Homunculi; how Torbin himself managed the likes of Jerec or Tremayne; how a character as Hethrir dealt with them; how bad was Kadann and Cronal´s relationship within the Prophets ranks, and so on... We got Jerec and Thrawn, but there is so much development there that we never got to see. As someone that usually ends up more interested in villains than heroes, this done right would have been a dream come true to me...

8. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Oh, yeah, that also would have been awesome to see, given that Gariel died in the Corellian Trilogy and we don't get more than just a mention from that plot, i would have loved to see her relationship with stepdad Luke, that and it would make sense with Mara's vision in VOTF of having multiple children, without having the story of how Ben was born wiped away.

9. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A Vong war series set entirely in Hutt Space, with Hutt(and their slave species) being the protagonists. Fighting a ferocious defense of their home and being driven out bit by bit. Could have been an interesting change-both because of military sci fi, and because the POVs would largely be nonhumans fighting other non humans. Which isn't something you get in SW very much. Would have both expanded the lore of Choka's campaign and also did worldbuilding for Hutt Space and the beings that live there.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Throw in Mandalorian space and the Yevetha campaign as well.

Nom von Anor, AusStig and PCCViking like this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Battle of N'Zoth deserves to be shown.

Imagine the POVs being the Vong, and being asked to deal with the Yevetha by a cooperative local species. The ferocious fighting, and no quarter policy on each side. The Yevetha fight as ferociously as the Vong do-and you could have your Vong warrior or commander remarking on their sheer savagery and unwillingness to yield, either in unaware irony, or in somber respect.

The Yevetha fight in space and they fight on their world, tenaciously with every weapon, even claws and teeth. And Vong warriors fight just as fiercely.

It could have a really dark and also really somber atmosphere-showing the malicious xenophobia of the Yevetha and the religious passion of the Vong. The book or group of books would end with the Yevetha on the verge of extinction and the Vong moving on, with the Vong POV reflecting on the cost and savagery of the fighting.

A book showing the Vong-Yevetha conflict could be an excellent reflection on the nature and cost of fanaticism, and what war unencumbered by any sort of decency or chivalry on both sides really looks like.

PCCViking, Force Smuggler and AusStig like this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And keep in mind regarding the Yevetha: they were expected to offer themselves as sacrifices to their superiors. At least that's the impression I got.

13. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    AusStig and Xammer like this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    - If Dark Empire wasn’t a thing, if ROTJ -> Crimson Empire (with certain things changed to fit this timeline) -> Thrawn trilogy would work as a sequence of events.

- Going with the TCW as a separate canon idea, if the Mortis episodes mentioned the last time the signal was used being tied to the founding of the Sith.

15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Ok lets get dangerous.

What if Timothy Zahn was never allowed to write the Thrawn Trilogy?

What if when he says she doesn't want to write a novelisation to Dark Empire, Lucas people say "thank you for your time" and send him off and get someone else (lets say KJ Anderson) to write the novelisation.

So now the EU is launched with ONLY Dark Empire as it's start point. Also no Thrawn, no Mara, no Nogri, no Talon Carrde.

How would this affect everything?

PCCViking, Xammer and darklordoftech like this.
  16. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    One what if I'm interested in is if the EU had been allowed to stay canon and Story Group was told in 2014 "Here's the script for TFA set in 34 ABY, it's now up to you guys to force the EU to fit this," what would have happened?

We'd have some really massive Infinities labels thrown onto everything Dark Nest Trilogy and onwards. "Journey to the Force Awakens" would be hastily thrown into after the Unifying Force, and feature Chewie and Ackbar resurrection stories, and the revelation that Jacen was a nickname for Ben. Jaina, Mara and Ben Skywalker would have been consigned to the Jedi Temple destruction. It would have been mind boggling.

AusStig, Xammer and PCCViking like this.
  17. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Vilmarh Grahrk in the OT, much like in ESB Infinities.
    AG-37 meeting Han Solo.
    Generally speaking, more of the relationship between the underworld and the Rebellion.

AusStig likes this.
  18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Do you mean the underworld funding and supplying the Rebellion?

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  19. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    More so the latter. It would be a symbiotic relationship with the Rebellion paying the smugglers to supply their endeavors.

Corellia's Dream and AusStig like this.
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I would have liked to see a closer link between criminal gangs and the revolution, since they both share an enemy in the ruling government.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Ederlatth Pallopides. Admiral Oxtroe(IIRC was the name)

More backstory and fleshing out of this plan to crown Palpatine’s distant relation as some sort of constitutional monarch.

I’d love to read a politics/intrigue book that deals with the negotiations for that. I could see some in the NR-tentatively being willing to agree with it for peace sake only for it to be derailed by Oxtroe’s assassination.

Readers would of course know the plan was going to fail-the drama would be in seeing how close it gets, with negotiations between the NR and Oxtroe in secret. Only for Oxtroe to die.

Would be different from a standard SW plot.

SpecForce Trooper and AusStig like this.
  22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    How about an ST What If?
    Ben was conceived prior to the battle of Endor.
    The Emperor possessed him, but left with amnesia.
    Leia was Ben's tutor as that darkness she sensed worried her so in addition to being a Senator she acted as a liaison between the New Republic and Luke's developing new Jedi Order.
    Snoke tried to corrupt Ben with darkside relics, but when Leia found out she sent him to Luke.
    Luke tried to help Ben, but upon discovering Ben was possessed freed him but at great personal cost as the effort left him with symptoms similar to dementia.
    Snoke coerced the New Republic into bombing Luke's Temple using the evidence of Leia's parentage that caused her to be ousted to provoke an attack on his order.
    Ben still not recovered fell to the darkside becoming Kylo Ren waging war on the New Republic eventually joining the First Order a splinter faction of the Empire actually trying to re-establish themselves.
    The New Republic eventually established their own Jedi Order using survivors of the Prequel Order who ignored Luke's warning.
    That's who Ben targeted with his Knights other survivors of the attack who focused on countering the terrorist actions of the New Republic.
    Starkiller Base is revealed as the prototype Death Star built out of Ilum.
    Poe is Leia's Padawan explaining why Ben didn't immediately kill him.
    Finn is force sensitive the sole survivor of a group of kids brainwashed to fight for the First Order.
    Phasma coerced him into freeing Poe so they can use them to find BB-8.
    They stay together and meet Rey.
    Poe recognises the Falcon he flies it with Rey helping once clear he calls in Han who picks them up with his freighter.
    He's returned to smuggling to supply Leia's Resistance.
    Starkiller works by drawing energy from a star devastating anything passing between them then using the energy to jump to another star system.
    They broadcast the destruction of the Hosnian system, which Finn, Maz, Leia, Rey & Poe all sense before the broadcast is revealed.
    We learn the map to Luke was a ruse to reveal how badly Snoke had infiltrated the New Republic once Han alerted her to the attack on Luke's Temple.
    Those Senators loyal to Snoke wasn't present moved swiftly to help the First Order seize as many systems as possible.
    Starkiller turns up at Takodana Han, Finn & Chewie pursuing Ben after he captured Rey managed to crash-land on Starkiller as it begins to recharge.
    Phasma helps Rey escape in the process Rey figures out the Mind Trick using it to sneak around until running into Han & co.
    Han & Chewie plants explosives to take down the shield so they can escape aboard the Falcon.
    Snoke coerced Ben into killing Han it takes Rey wielding Anakin's lightsaber to free him from the compulsion though Rey doesn't notice unaware she only survived because Ben was trying to free himself.
    The bombs damage the recharger forcing Hux to jump Starkiller out of the system.
    Leia sends Rey with Chewie as she's not sure about her as they begin evacuating D'Qar rather than return there now she knows about Starkiller.
    That's just TFA will try TLJ later!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I would have cut Vitatate as a character all together and just made Darth Malgus the big bad of the SWOTOR era.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What if the Rakata Elders successfully rebuilt Rakata civilization and the Rakata survived into the Legacy comics era?

AusStig likes this.
  25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Celestial novel.

Or rather a novel from the perspective of the celestials. This could be very good or potentially very bad and also ruin a lot of the mystery surrounding them. But I like the idea-it would need a unique style and an...interesting structure.

Could be heavy on mysticism, the arcane, and on subjects deeper and greater than mortal minds can perceive. Which would of course make it very difficult to write.

But I would love to read a book.

Or maybe not from their POV-ancient Killiks or Humans that interacted with them. Inscrutable alien or even god like beings with strange motives. Could be an interesting way to do it.