main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you one for an Excellent Adventure, or a Bogus Journey? Dudes.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Everton, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Which is it, dudes? For me the better of the two is Bogus Journey. Aside from the two principals, I think William Sadler really adds something great as Death. A really solid third wheel. Excellent Adventure, whilst being most excellent and non, non, non-heinous, is a little broad outside of Bill & Ted. It takes on a huge number of famous historical figures - and they're all one shot jokes. In Bogus Journey, Death is a very very solid addition to the cast. Excellent Adventure is also a little hamstrung by it's episodic format. One place in history, and then another, and then another. Bogus Journey isn't nearly as straightforward.

Also, the conclusion to Bogus Journey is tremendous - even a little moving.

Also also, if you could spend a short time as an evil Bill & Ted, or a long time as the good Bill & Ted... which would you be?

2. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Station!!!

I like Excellent Adventure better...It has a dear palce in my heart!
    But, i love Death, he is frigging hilarious!!!

They are 2 of my favorite movies...

DUDE, WEIRD THINGS AFOOT AT THE CIRCLE K

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Dude, toatally Excellent Adventure. It blows Bogus Journey away completely!

"Wanna' Twinkie, Genghis Khan?"

[face_laugh]

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Excellent Adventure, though still a comedy, took itself a little more seriously than Bogus Journey. Compare the future in both films- EA's future was, I dunno, spirtual; while BJ's future was more of a cartoony rendition of the future from Back to the Future 2. Even the phone booth tech was neater with the antena vs the disc.

Death, however, was awesome in BJ ;)

Does anyone know if there were any extensive deleted scenes from BJ? I actually read the novel before the movie, and was dissapointed a lot of the stuff in it was not in the film. There was more with the Good Robot Us's and Bill & Ted cashing in multiple resurrections from the multiple times they beat Death after the Evil Robot Us's kept killing them. Be a shame if that was never filmed.

"Gentlemen...we're history."

5. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    I don't know if there are deleted scenes available for us to see, but I do know that B&T's speech at the end (you know, the big important one that was supposed to change the world?) had a bunch of dialogue cut. You can hear some of it during the credits.

6. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I like both alot. Excellent adventure for the history gags and "You killed Ted you medieval dickweed!" and Bogus Journey for the heaven sequence and the credit sequence with the best song ever.

I probably prefer EA. More George Carlin and historical babes.

7. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I like them equally.

The single best moment though is when they arrive at the Star Trek fight setting.

8. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I have yet to see Excellent Adventure all the way through, but Bogus Journey is truly a most fantastic movie.

Death is great, and in parricular I think the scene with Death playing Twister could easily be described as unforgettable. [face_hypnotized]

9. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I think they were both about equally as good, but I've definitely seen Excellent Adventure more times.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I love both movies but I think Excellent Adventure get's a slight edge because of Napoleon's antics. Cheating at bowling, trying to put the moves on Missy in the car, eating all the ice cream, plus the entire waterslide scene. Classic! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.