main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena NHL Fantasy Hockey League (2009-2010)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    We'll see! [face_whistling]

You can edit the title back. :)

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    It begins!

If anyone needs starting goalie info you can go here. Normally, I would recommend GoaliePost but now you have to pay to use their site.

Just keep in mind on how their postings work:

When a goalie is probable, you?ll notice his name in grey and the team logo is faded. When a goalie becomes confirmed, the name will be red, the team logo is highlighted, and the team logo becomes an active link which takes you directly to the primary source for the confirmation.

3. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I hired Jar Jar on to do the trash talking for my team (the Gungan Icedogs!)...

So be prepared to get BOMBAD served!

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Wow, good game Heatley (-3).

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah that bugged me. Marleau had a great game though. :D
    Maybe without the pressure of the "C" he'll really explode this year. [face_thinking]

6. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    It's always the same story with San Jose... Tons of talent, but they always manage to underachieve when it really counts.

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Which is why some of the biggest playoff underachievers (Mihalek, Grier, Cheechoo, etc) are no longer Sharks. You could easily argue though that Thronton is the biggest underachiever on the team though. He didn't look like he cared about the playoffs until Game 5 against Anaheim last year. Too little too late.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Fixed!

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Seriously. I think he quieted any naysayers in San Jose with his performance last night. 3G 1A +6 I was at that game and it was unreal. Penalty shots are rare enough as it is, but to see the third goal of a hat trick come on one was fantastic. His +6 (which tied a franchise record, as did Thornton's 4 assists) in a 6-3 win really says something.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    :(
    That's why I wanted him.

Edit: nm I found it.

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Franzen is out for 4 months. I'm pretty sure I drafted him...:_|

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    lol, you're not even updating your starting lines are you? :p

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Say what?

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    You need to adjust your starting lines every night. Looking at your roster right now it appears you have not started Recchi, Samuelsson, Gomez, or Arnott at all which means their stats aren't counted.

And now that Franzen's on IR you can put him on your IR spot and add a free agent without having to drop another.

15. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I have a player that has an NA after his name. What does that mean? It didn't mention that one in the rules.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh, Zherdev. Yeah he's not playing in the NHL this year so he's Not Available. You'll want to drop him and pick up someone else.

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I had a feeling I would not be the only one who noticed the recent drops by RX. :p Seriously dude, what are you doing? You just gave away three great players. Also, this would be a good time to let you know that you've already made 15 moves and the maximum for the entire season is 50.

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I can't get the changes made--how do you do this?

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Drag and drop the players (click on the blue square) from the bench to their respective positions or the two utility spots.

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Umm I think someone tried to make a trade with me. I would like you to PM me with your reasoning for the trade. I rejected it, but that's not to say that if we talk about it we could come up with something.

21. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Oh man. I thought this pool was all about getting points(goals/assists). What the hell is all this matchup stuff about?

22. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Even if it was I still don't think you'd be doing too well. :p

I said right in the opening post that the format would be Head-To-Head.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/hockey/rules/hrules-05.html;_ylt=AkI1DKmKOHUhoDt8D4eEJmBvmiN4

In a Head-to-Head League, your team squares off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and consists of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team scores more goals than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with a better save percentage than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each receives credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total is added to a cumulative season record where each win counts for two points, each tie counts for one, and each loss counts for none. The total of these points is used to determine standings and playoff seedings.

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    First Souray gets injured, then Gonchar, Luongo's out for at least a week, and now apparently Malkin will be out 2-3 weeks. [face_plain]

*head-desk*

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Quit complaining. You're still in first place. :p

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, what was said above. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.