main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark ArkanSith - Find Local Fans In Your Area

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I wish. But my wife has put me on no-spending status until I pay off some of my debts.
    She's not happy with all the spending I did just before Ep.III came out. I went a little crazy.

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey, a fellow Indian alum! Good to have you aboard! ;)

3. leandar

leandar Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2000
    Hello!!! Fort Smith, Arkansas here!!!!!!

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey ya'll.. I'm in Tucson actually.. but every year I come to Hot Springs and the Little Rock area for Halloween and a few days after.. our group in Tucson is doing two events that I am missing out on as I will be in Arkansas for Halloween and the DVD release.. are there any plans that your FF has going that my kids and I might be able to join in on? Hope you don't mind my asking.. but just hate to think it is such a big couple of days for SW fans and I am missing the fun at home.

5. JediLehrling

JediLehrling Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Hi all,

I'm new in LR - do y'all have regular group meetings/activities? How do I find out about them?

thanks,
    Elizabeth

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hello newcomers and visitors!! Not much going on except once in a while we try to do a get together at otisdodge's place for a movie showing. Got one coming up in Oct (see appropriate thread for further info).

We've also have some of us swinging down to Memphis for their movie showing (with the Memphis FanForce folks). There is a thread here on this board giving dates.

I'm hoping we can do a get together on Oct 31/1 Nov for the release of RotS. Not 100% sure if and what stores are going to be doing a midnight release. But there will prob be several of us there :D

Once again - welcome to the ArkanSith Galactic Renegades!! Stick around and hopefully we can all meet you all soon.

7. Karilea_Ko

Karilea_Ko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2005
    I would liek to start a representation for Dewitt, Ar. It's about thirty miles south east of Stuttgart, and in Arkansas County.

8. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Good to have you here the person that is updating the site has gone missing in action. But when they get back we will get you updated.

9. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hi, Elan-Rai
    I live in Jacksonville, so if you are still adding names to this thread, feel free to post me as "Lavenderrose73 (Barbara)". I put myself on the database as well, so if you're not doing this anymore I'll understand. This is just in case you still are. I attended the Ep. III release party at Hastings and got invited (if you weren't there and I'm not stating the obvious) to Arkansith. If I'd been as warmly treated by classmates in my grade school years as I've been here (and Indianapolis) by my fellow Star Wars fans, my childhood would've been so much brighter. I've introduced myself in the cantina with a homepage. Please, be my guest.

Very Sincerely,

Lavenderrose73 @};-

10. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    new to the board and group. Unfortunately, my work will not allow me to access the message board :( I can access it at the local library, but that's only every now and then.

I am in the process of getting my FX storm trooper armor within the next few weeks, but will have a few things to add. Hopefully, by the end of this year I will have it all together and ready to go so I can join the 501st. I'm looking forward to meeting or at least getting to know everyone here.

Please, feel free to email me....(yeah, i know that can be a pain) But I would like to keep track with what is going on with the group as much as possible.

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Welcome locokarma! Here is the web address to our events calendar: http://my.calendars.net/arkansith (Sorry, I don't know how to do the link thing. Cut and paste will work, though!)

Look around, there are threads that talk about upcoming events. The next one is this Friday, check out the Black Friday thread!

12. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello and welcome I have emailed you some info. Hope to see ya soon.
    TK 9468 end transmission

13. Adakar

Adakar Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    Hey this is Darth Mallice's brother.

From Jacksonville.

This is Gary, finally got on the boards.

Catch you guys at the January Meeting.

14. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Gary glad to see ya made it.

15. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    Hi everyone!
    I'm a fan and costumer. I'm in Hot Springs and currently working on my clone armor molds. I have the standard Jedi and Sith costumes.
    I'm also a Moderator and General in The Grand Army of the Republic, a costuming group focusing on the prequels, but accepting all SW movies and EU costumers.
    We're alot like the 501st with the exception we are a quality (with checks) group instead of canon group. If anyone is interested, please check out www.grandarmy.org.
    I look forward to meeting everyone here in Arkansas and hope we can all learn some knowledge from each other.
    Thanks,
    Chase Ke Jac

16. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    WELL IF YOUR IN HOT SPRINGS THAT MEANS YOU GOT STAR TOYS AND JIM'S TOYS IN THE BEST LITTLE DIRT MALL IN THE STATE. I LOVE GOING DOWN THERE. COME TO THINK OF IT WE MAY DO THAT THIS WEEKEND

17. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Welcome, Chase! Hope you can make it to the meeting on St. Patty's day. What do you do down there in Hot Springs?

18. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I'd be curious too. I live in Hot Springs as well. :)

19. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    What do I do.....Well, I did teach MMA in my backyard and worked for a major beverage company until an unnamed major retail store didn't repair it's doors in recieving and it fell, breaking 2 vert. in my neck. Now, I'm making props and costumes for people and busy being a MOD for grandarmy.org, our little costuming group for prequels. But, I'm a full time Mr. Mom right now, pay is little, but it has pretty good benefits.

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Wow, I am sorry about your neck. Fun being Mr. Mom, though. I loved it for the time I did it until my second one was born.

21. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Thanks. The good things to come out of this is my bonding time with my son (I'm turning him into a SW kid) and I have time to finally pursue my Star Wars costumes and armor projects.

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Coolness. When do we get to meet you? Are you coming to either of the things this weekend?

23. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Unfortunatly, I won't be able to make it. Matters of the GAR and my armor building projects have my weekend booked. Nyborg13 and locokarma have invited me to your monthly costuming get-together, my wife and I are going to try and make it. It depends on the babysitting situation.
    I do look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully recruiting some of you into my other group. :)

24. Dragon_eye

Dragon_eye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    Hi my name is Jennifer, and I live in Fayetteville! GO HOGS!

25. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome dragon_eye. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.