main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Arkham Asylum A Serious House on a Serious Earth

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by darthcaedus1138, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Anyone read this? I borrowed it from the library, thought it was amazing, then a couple years later (now for instance) I saw it and bought it.

What does everyone think? Art? Story?

Personally, it's the best Batman comic I've read which only includes The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight Returns, Year One and The Long Halloween.

2. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I really liked this book when I first got it. Bought it mainly because Grant Morrison was the writer. Dave McKean's art gave the book a dark, moody tone which fitted perfectly with the story. Then there's the backstory of Amadeus Arkham, dude had problems. The book also showed in some ways of how Batman is just as messed in the head as his usual lot of enemies.

My favorite scene overall in the story was Joker's response to when another inmate wanted to unmask Batman, saying that the mask is his real face. He likely knows that Bats is Bruce Wayne, but doesn't really care (also shown in the R.I.P. storyline). Of course there was also Two-Face, whose dilemma with indecisiveness took a turn for the worse, even with trivial matters like using the washroom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.