main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Armor and Costumes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Costumes are a popular form of dress to these events, so who's going in some form of costume and what?

I'll be wearing my Storm Trooper armor. If I am able to get Scout Armor as well, I'll probably alternate.

2. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    I will bring my Jedi and Tuskan raider costumes. My husband, Bill (TK639) will bring his TK armor, Imperial officer and maybe might have a Emperor's Guard costume (we had the helmet for years)--just depends on money right now).
    JMD
    http://fantasticdreams.50megs.com

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Not completely sure of what I'll be taking...I know for sure I'll definitely have my Zam costume finished again (3rd version :) ).

I may possibly have white armor by then and an X-Wing pilot. I'll probably bring my Sabe costume and my female tusken. Got a few other projects in the works, so we'll see how those turn out. ;)

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll be wearing my complete Anakin AOTC costume, including a mechanical hand; my Luke ROTJ black jedi, TIE Pilot, Luke ROTJ Endor, and maybe an Anakin Ep. III.

5. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I will bring my Jedi costume.

Maybe I'll have something else ready by then but I doubt it. All my bucks are going in my CIII fund and I don't want to dip into it unless I have to

6. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I'll either be in a Jedi costume or Royal Guard armor

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    yep, definently have to get some scout armor...

8. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I will be bringing 2 jedi costumes, an X-wing pilot costume and hopefully if all works out a Rebel Fleet Trooper.

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm hoping to be done with my Jedi Ranger costume by then..so hopefully you'll have a nice look at it.

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I will be wearing... :D

1. My Padme Episode 2 costume
    2. My Leia ANH white gown
    3. My TIE Fighter Pilot outfit
    4. My Jaina Solo Jedi costume

I have one costume for every day of the Celebration!

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm hoping to bring my Padme picnic gown, TPM handmaiden battle outfit, and something more. I have some plans on doing an episode III costume, but I don't want to commit to anything more than this. The picnic gown has taken me more than a year, and I still have a lot to do.

12. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I'll have my Royal Guard and Tie Pilot costume and probably an Imperial Officer's Uniform and maybe an EU costume.

Jedi Master Kel
    (The Archangel)

13. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I'll have my Jedi costume.

14. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I know that this not a Star Wars costume but I will be wearing my Indiana Jones costume. Hey George still created him so I think that its O.K. to wear to CIII.

15. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Just remember this before you start planning what costumes to bring and wear.

1. Can I stand in line in it for 3 hours.
    2. Can a walk around in it and be comfortable
    3. Can I keep my money in a safe place.
    4. Will I get too hot in it.

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Incom4 brings up some good points. Those are all very important questions to ask yourself.
    Also, be aware that when you are in costume, you are probably going to be stopped repeatedly to have your picture taken.

I'm planning to wear my AOTC Padmé picnic dress and packing gown. There's one other Padmé costume that I would like to make for it, but haven't committed myself to yet. Time will tell.

Personally, I'm very excited to see everyone's costumes. It's a highlight of the Celebration for me! :)

17. vaderpainter

vaderpainter Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2001
    I will once again be in my Darth Vader costume. It has become a tradition with me now since I have costumed as Darth Vader at both CI and CII. The costume has been updated since both previous events and should be finished by the time CIII rolls around.

I will also have my Baron Fel dress uniform and TIE Fighter costume with me.

VaderPainter
    www.vaderpainter.com

"We Bring Your Armor to Life..."

18. fanboymt

fanboymt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    I should have 3 costumes by then...My traditional Jedi garb, Scout armor, and a KOTR era Sith Lord we're making for a fan film.

19. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    If the 'plane' doesn't suck too much outta the mullah pit, I'll revamp my phosphor armour and glow-wire saber to a spectacular level. Then again, I may spend so much time in the plane that I never actually set foot in the Con, ssssooooo...........FLOL!

20. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll have my Jedi costume, and if my funds allow it, stormtrooper armor too.

I'm also tossing around the idea of making some Sith robes too.

21. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Generic Jedi and Anakin AOTC :)

Oh and 21st century civilian ;)

22. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll have my Jedi garb (new and improved!)

23. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    As Obi-Dawn said, costuming was the highlight of CII for me as well. And now we've got FOUR days. :)

My Tip of the Day - Include hidden, but accessible pockets in your costumes when you make them if practical! A jedi or pilot has great storage for a room key, money, etc, but Padme or others need to plan that into their designs.

I'll be doing Padme Picnic Dress, Padme Two-piece Tatooine Dress, Mirax Terrik and probably a Stormtrooper or Biker Scout. And, there will be a Costume Contest entry as well, but I'm not telling on that one. :)

Happy sewing everyone!
    Regards,
    M.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I know I'll break out my Padme Picnic and the Padme White battle gear as well. If I get Boushh finished by then, I'll bring that as well. Guess I need to get another costume going for the last day.

25. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    "I know that this not a Star Wars costume but I will be wearing my Indiana Jones costume. Hey George still created him so I think that its O.K. to wear to CIII."

hey, there was at least one person @ C:II that i saw dressed as indy and i thought it was pretty cool. ^_^

i probably won't be going in costume since i: don't have one, dunno that i'd want to walk around in one all day, and don't have the time to make one either. just wanted to say good work to all of the people that put so much time and effort into their costumes 'cause they're really fun to look at and costumed people end up being 95% of my pics ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.