main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Armor and Costumes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hale_Atticus

Hale_Atticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    My wife and I will have our Jedi costumes we wore at C2, with some tweakings here and there. I also plan on having a Clone Wars Obi-Wan in armor costume ready for it.

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm hoping to have either a Clone Trooper or General Grievous costume done by next years celebration.

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I can't wait to see that Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armour with his "touch of Jedi" cloak...awesome!

4. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    I will hope to do my bit with a little Mace Windu number for CIII. I am however, having trouble replicating the extremely high boots that they wear in Star Wars. The closest I've come is buying a pair of motorcycle boots(for the AotC Premiere), but they kinda look too 'modern' for the outfit. Anyone have any suggestions???

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I wanted sooo bad to put together a Clone Wars cavalry Obi-Wan, but then I looked at the costs of the armor alone...and realized it's would be difficult getting into Rebel Legion and 501st without a more recognized costume. Anyone who comes to CIII as Obi-Wan (Clone Wars) if you see someone shaking their head in disbelief...don't worry, it's me and it's outta respect for what you had to put into that costume!

My TIE costume is going to be great...because I'm working with a bunch of friends here in Cleveland. Silver "widows tears" on all of us, and possibly a squadron/garrison symbol (if they'll allow it) We're gonna be bad-### in these things!

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Now is that a TIE Pilot costume or just a TIE costume? ;)

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    A TIE costume would be sweet!!
    I'll be in different costumes each day, ESB Han, Jango Fett and my Sandtrooper. My wife will be Padme Tatooine, Imperial officer and Slave Leia. Then we have my dad (Dooku, officer), sister (padme rainbow dress), Brother in law (Anakin ep2), my mom (Jocasta Nu), (yes, my whole family got the star wars virus long time ago!!) and all of our FF... too many to mention! :) I am helping my CR to put his Boba Fett together as we speak... can't wait for CIII!! :)

8. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I think we have some great costumes! :)

9. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    So, Qui-Gon Ludo, your going to have your brother in law as Akakin E2? That will be cool, cause it would make a great pic standing beside me as Darth Vader! Now all we need is a little blonde haired kid yelling "Yiiipppy" and we will have the evolution of Anakin Skywalker from child to the evil Sith Lord we all know and love!

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Is this an official Casting Call ^_^

11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Super cool idea!! I'm working on anakin's mechanical hand right now :)

12. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Hey, there were Klingons at CI, and I personally saw a Cylon at CII, so Indy definitely passes muster. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

But as I recall, those klingons were distinctly shunned, and there were a few T-shirts at C2 with the slogan:
    "C2! So Help me, if any trekkies show up, I'll kick their &&&!"

Now I dont think everyone shared his view about costumes from other universes, as the Bender that showed up got a warm welcome.

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/strahd27/celebration4.jpg]

Indy would be Ok obviously, but that is as far as is appropiate in my experience.

13. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I must voice my opinion. I am going to Celebration 3. And I hope people will want to take pictures of me with my Vader suit, but I feel that you should not HAVE to be a member of the 501st, or any other group to be in a big group photo. It would be kinda nice if they could gather everyone that has a costume, and maybe gather them by theme...for instance, a group of TIE pilots, Rebel pilots, Vaders and so forth. I don't think it should just be one group that gets to have a picture taken. And that is my opinion. However, I have a feeling that I will get a lot of feedback from this. Please keep it nice!!
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have a feeling that if you in a Vader suit, they will seek you out to be in the pic. For one thing, if you have a Vader suit, there is no reason not to join the 501st anyway, as a costume is the sole requirement. And for another thing, the 501st is far from the cabal of elitist egomaniacs that it has been accused of. Anyone with a decent costume gets in, and Star Wars comes first and foremost. This is not the Star Chamber.
    No worries.

Now a master pic of all good guys and bad guys together would be great.

14. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    If I do happen to be able to go to C3, I'll be as a Jedi since that is what I have already. I know that I'd like to have some Biker Scout armor painted all black (Imperial Commando). But seeing as how I am unemployed at the present, I don't know if I will have the money saved up for C3, well even getting to C3, let alone forking out for a new costume. So, who knows? How much is Biker Scout armor going for these days, anyway? Would someone be so kind as to email the details to me at mgunner75@yahoo.com ? I'd certainly appreciate it. I hope to be at C3, but if I don't make it, I hope all who do go have a good time there.

MTFBWY

15. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    So, Boskone, I could be in a pic with the 501st, even though I am not part of the group at all? If so, that would be great!! I think I said this in an earlier post, I have a feeling there won't be too many Darth Vaders at C3. And I think one of the reasons is that it is due to the cost of the costume its self. Anyway, it would be cool to be in a pic with the most Elite group of troops in the Galaxy!!

16. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Yes Vaderfan. Once you have the costume, just join up before you even go to C3. That'll solve the the whole thing right there. All you have to do is email them a pic of yourself.

17. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    So Boskone, maybe you could explain me why 2 of my friends got rejected from the "official" group photography for wearing tatooine dirty armor?

I mean it's in the movie....

18. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Boskone, I went to the 501st site... www.501st.com There is nothing to tell anyone how to join even if they wanted to... no "join" icons no markers, nothing. So tell me, where do I go if I wanted to join? Is there some secret password I need to know?

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    In the menu on the left, the is an icon that says "Join us". click on it, it will give you the application process step by step. There is a link on that page for the application form. Hope it helps :)

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Qui-Gon, I went to the site, but there is nothing there! All thatis on the left part of the screen, is a black strip with no writing at all. I don't understand. If you load the page, it shows Timothy Zahn, and pics for Star Wars Days at Disney World. There are no such icons to click on. Check for yourself...unless I am missing something in the title. I type in www.501st.com, and all I get is what I just explained.

21. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Weird... well,here's the link for registration:

http://www.501st.com/members/join_how.cfm

And the link of the garrissons:

http://www.501st.com/members/dsp_garrisons.cfm

Hope it REALLY helps this time! :)

22. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    VADER FAN, I just went to the main site and it worked fine for me. The "Join Us" button is right there on the left side.

So Boskone, maybe you could explain me why 2 of my friends got rejected from the "official" group photography for wearing tatooine dirty armor?

I mean it's in the movie....

I am aghast. They have dirty troopers inside their member gallery, and they are all over their event pictures as well. The whole 501st group had Tatoonie troopers as the nucleus of their whole creation in the first place. Whoever kicked your friends out was a numbskull. I mean, just have them stand next to the Tusken Raiders if nothing else.

But if it makes you feel better, the Rebel Legion "official picture" was extremely poorly advertised and didnt include even half of the legion population at C2.

The goals are noble, but remember that nothing is immune to human incompetence

23. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Qui-Gon...It works!! It REALLY works!! I found the site thanks to the link you gave me! All I have to do, is finish my Vader costume, and I will apply to join! Cool! Thanks again Qui-Gon! I just hope they will respond...I tried to concact the 501st Canadian garrison, but they have not answered any of my emails. I wonder why... Anyway, thanks again!

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I takes them a few days to contact you usually :) I'm at the same stage as you are, gotta finish my costume. My Jango is complete, but i am not 100% happy with the helmet, so i have to replace it.

25. Tkash

Tkash Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2004
    I am trying to find a set of Dark Jedi robes, but I have been unable to locate any. Does anyone know where I can find some? thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.