main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Armor and Costumes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    I'll be bring Luke Hoth (As at C2), part of the Wampa (also C2), Chewie (C1 and C2), and at least one new surprise. Possibly bringing a Tusken Raider as well.

I'm not planning to bring the entire Wampa as I have officially retired it (too much trouble).

2. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I am fairly certain that another Wampa will be there. Part of the 501st Alpine Garrison.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    For those of you in armor, does anyone have any distinct markings on their armor? That may be handy when we're all there.

Picking out one person in a group of storm troopers will be tough.

I have a pair of black captain stripes on the back of my helmet.

4. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey all! I just wanted to update Lady_Lucas and Qui-Gon Lundo about my Vader costume...I finished with the body suit! This is my first, and it came out incredible! Of course I have to admit I had a little...okay...a lot of help from my Mom-In-Law and her friend. She is a VERY good sewer, so she gave me some pointers. I went with pleather instead of leather mainly because it is lighter and easier to deal with. Anyway, I put that on with my Vader Classic Action Helmet...my wife let me splurge on this one! I LOVE HER! I tell you what...this has got to be the HOTTEST costume in the Star Wars universe, beside Chewbacca. Now I know how Dave Prowse felt in the thing!!! Oh well, this is the costume I wanted to do, and I'm sticking with it. So there you go guys. I'd post a pic of my progress, but I don't know how to post anything in the forum. Take care guys!

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Believe me, Jango is pretty hot too!! ;)

6. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey Qui-Gon, are you going to put mini fans in the helmet to keep yourself from passing out? I think I will get a couple fans for my helmet. I'm sure it won't be as hot.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I have some really cool ones that blow the air "up" instead of in your face :) You should also get some anti fogging gel for your lenses.

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Tips and tricks from your friend Uilmuteiz:

If you want to breathe easily and be comfortable in your helmets, instead of having fans pushing air inside, have it push the hot air outside.

that way your head won't be stuck in a typhoon of hot air and increasing humidity.

that was the tip of the day, push the hot air out instead of keeping it in.

9. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Qui-Gon, where would I get anti-fogging gel for my lenses? And Uilmuteiz, where can I find fans that suck out the hot air? Thanks for any help guys!

10. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    Its all in the way you position the fan instead of it blowing towards your face have it blowing out through some vents in your helm possibly the grill portion of the vader helm.

In my Jango I have a fan at the keyhole cutouts in back to blow air out and one in front to circulate around my face. Works like a charm. I don't envy anyone in a pleather suit especially one in all black, you will lose 30pounds over the weekend in that.

11. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Well.. I'm starting my costumes..

Primarily I'm doing Beru Whitesun. But My sister and I /may/ do Bariss Offee and Luminara Unduli.. though I have a feeling that one /won't/ get done... =) If not, there will be likely two more somewhat generic (well.. not so generic) Jedi floating about

12. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    VaderFanForever, you can get a small enough fan to fit in your helmet either at Radio *cough* Scrap * cough* Shack.. excuse me.. ^_^

or your local computer store might cary some.

They're small and they will run for a while on a 9 volt battery.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm looking into Scout armor now...

14. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    What do the laws and regulations in Indianapolis say about wearing guns and replica guns?

I would like to dress up as a rebel trooper, of course armed with a rifle (DH-17 or E-11). I guess I won't even be able to have a replica made out of PVC in my luggage on the plane, so I will have to ship it to my hotel room and back.
    I will also go as a Jedi sans robe one day.

15. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    you can take real guns in your checked luggage, as long as it's disassembled and you tell the person checking the bag about it, so there shouldn't be any problems about a prop gun. Not so sure about the rules for C3, i'm guessing they'll check each weapon as you walk in, and approve it or not...and there will most deffinently be something on the c3 website before too long...

BTW: I'm going as a Wing Guard from Cloud City,

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm making roughly 10 costumes for CIII for myself and my family.

My costumes so far: Snowtrooper, Sabe, Custom Female Mandalorian and Jawa

My boyfriend's include: Red ARC Trooper and Snowtrooper, but I'm trying to talk him into 2 more costumes. ;)

My son's include: Jango Fett, Jawa, Jedi and 2 more but they are going to remain secert incase there is a costume contest.

Plus if I have the money and time I would like to make myself a Biker Scout and a Death Star Gunner.

Ok back to the sewing machine I go.....

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Custom Female Mandalorian
    Oh, THIS I have to see! I love meeting people with customized costumes, shows off alot of creativity.

My jedi and TIE pilot costumes have hit a snag...boots! Nobody makes them "cannon" enough for either 501st of RL in a size 12! (without spending 2 fortunes on them)

18. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Did you try to browse ebay for german type boots(WW2)? That's what my dad got for his officer costume, and he's part of the 501st... Wearing larger size boots is a pain in costuming, never find the right size! :)

19. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My jedi and TIE pilot costumes have hit a snag...boots! Nobody makes them "cannon" enough for either 501st of RL in a size 12! (without spending 2 fortunes on them)

I got my Darth Maul boots at Wal Mart for $20 and im in the 501st. You just have to mod them a bit. I have seen jedi in the RL get there boots at second hand stores, just look around.

20. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    Currently, I dunno. Still up in the air.

Imperial something or other.

21. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    There are lots of catalog/online military surplus places. One such is www.sportsmansguide.com
    You can also find great accessories for costumes at places like this. Things like ammo pouches, belts and stuff.

22. XalethNuada

XalethNuada Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2004
    Jedis, Rebels, and Imps. Oh my!

Keep your eyes open for a dark figure covered with scars and tattoos.

That's right...the Yuuzhan Vong will be invading CIII.
    (or, at least one of us)

23. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    SWEET! YUUZHAN VONG! Any particular character or class?

24. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Can someone clarify for me what color the cloak fabric is for Barriss Offee? I have been fabric hunting and when I look at pictures in some shots it looks purple with white and in others it looks dark blue with light blue lines.
    I see the top is a purplish, as is the skirt.

25. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I have been searching all over the net for similar fabric and it looks to be velveteen or velour but perhaps someone else has a better eye than I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.