main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Armor and Costumes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Check the Costuming & Props forum and be sure to read the Thread Index (first message) to find lots of info on the costume.

2. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm bringing my 5 padme costumes, my ANH Leia and my Imperial Officer costumes. Doubtful I'll wear them all, but that's what I'm bringing, lol.

3. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm not costuming as anything, but I do want to bring my Vader lightsaber with me but how do you get something like that past airline security?! 8-}

4. gnnabgib

gnnabgib Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2004
    Well the g/f and I are going to CIII!

We'll have a Snowtrooper and a Padme Picnic Dress. respectively of course! Can't wait to see all you guys there!

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I should have a TIE Pilot costume ready by then and I will try to have an Imperial Officer costume done as well.

6. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm either gonna be Luke from RotJ or Luuke from the Last Command. I dunno.

7. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i would really love to go as Jabba but I don't know if I can afford to have it done

8. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    It would stand out obviously.

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Now, would that be Jabba the slug, or the guy who was the stand-in for Jabba?

10. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    Most likely the slug.

11. Drunken_Ewok

Drunken_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    Well, I'm goin all 4 days...Tusken Raider 1 day, generic Jedi another day, then plain `ol me the other two days....I CANT WAIT!!

12. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i was thinking the slug :D

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    how do you get something like that past airline security?!
    Pack it in your checked luggage. Getting it on the plane you will be liekly be hassled a bit. Put it in your luggage and you should be ok.
    Unless of course it's one of those sabers with a "working" blade then packing it will be a challenge ;) Mail it to your hotel?

14. poorjawa

poorjawa Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    I hope to have my biker scout done by then to wear at c3 otherwise ill be plain me.

15. Sith_Hatred

Sith_Hatred Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2004
    Hi I'll be there in Vader gear. I'm also considering an imperial officer uniform, an imperial crewman uniform, and a couple of custom mandalorian outfits. I was going to go all 4 days in the Vader gear, but I'm not sure for a couple of reasons: 1) There will be plenty of Vader's already there and
    2) I really want to enjoy the experience myself-this isn't like a hospital visit or children's shelter visit where I'm there for the kids-this one's for us, and yes the kiddies too.
    I know it's kind of selfish, but I think I'll enjoy it more if I can actually just "experience the con" instead of being an "attraction at the con".
    VaderFanForever-regarding the heat in your costume (and yes, I believe that the Vader costume is the hottest and most heat attracting and containing of All Star Wars costumes)-I use 2 CPU fans in my helmets and wire them to a 9 volt battery each. Consider using Lithium batteries-they will last at least 6 to 8 hours. Standard 9 volts will only last maybe 30 minutes to 2 hours. If you use the fans to push air up to your face it will cut down on the fog of your lenses (cooling a vader helmet is different than cooling a mandalorian helmet-because the air circulates differently-you won't have a vent behind your head to push air out). Also if you go to an auto parts store pick up Rain-x or something like it that will help keep your lenses from condensing and fogging too badly. Keep in mind that when you use it to be careful-it will loosen the adhesive that holds your lenses in place-So don't use too much! You won't need a whole lot for it to work (learn from my experience, hahaha). I really look forward to seeing all the costumes at C3!

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yay- Just booked everything. I'm going in armor.

17. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    On costumes you need to carry things but can't, make a pocket inside it to carry hotel room key, basic money, credit card, such. Costumers been doing it for years.

On the armor-on ebay that's because maybe you're getting everything--at least I hope. Though I doubt I want someone's old underarmor (which can be gotten at Dick's Sports, or even a cheap version through Walmart). Hubby's didn't cost that much.Maybe $700-$800, if at all. He put it all together--wasn't hard for him at all. But then he's good at props (had his own gun for a while already too)--he's one did most of work on my Tuskan's head and gaffi stick, plus my clip on to my jedi belt lightsaber.
    My costrumes coming: Jedi, Imperial officer (which may have to take it for weight loss) and Bubba the Tuskan. His: Trooper and Imperial officer,
    JMD

18. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    on my vader im going to take my extra MP-40 pouch that i modied to fet my stuff. and put it on my vader belt.

it will aslo go on my Sandtrooper.. those pouches are awesome.. they fit the character.. and for darth.. it is black and hides in the cape and no one knows it is there..

just my little advise for some of you, pick up a leather pouch. they fit just about any star wasr costume. cuz most have a belt.

19. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Sith_hatred, thanks for the advice. I have been looking for something to take down the fog in my helmet. And I will also look for a lithium battery for the fans. I can't wait to get in my Vader costume!! I think all the Vaders should get together for one big Sith Picture!! That would be cool!! Thanks again Sith! See you at the show!

20. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Upping this.

21. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Is it known if they'll be sticking bright orange stickers on weapons again?

22. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I heard that they might be.

23. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I'm gonna have my max rebo costume there and hope I can cobble together a x-wing costume which has had no luck for the past 6 months to a year any help pm me.

So here is the pic.

http://www.chicagoforce.org/images/2003capricon/im001639.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.