main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Army of One Man? (2009 Dear Diary Challenge - Final Update 12/31/09)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corellian_Ale, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Uh-oh. I am worried about Gal now.
    He's obviously in a place where he doesn't belong. Maybe a glitch in burocracy got hm there? I'm afraid he's in trouble.
    A thinking clone! Seems his superiors are not happy witrh the idea. [face_worried]
    Also, they seem pitiyfully uninformed about the origins of the army.
    or is it a different one? [face_worried]

I could eliminate every man at that table before those men they call clones could raise their deecees. Unfortunately, it's my job to kill enemies of the Republic, not the idiots running it.

[face_laugh] Too bad.
    I'd like to see that, though.[face_mischief]

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Unfortunately, it's my job to kill enemies of the Republic, not the idiots running it.

Ain't it a shame? :p

Loved the update. =D=

3. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Back again. Whew, that was the longest bathroom break ever. Ever.

Nat: I don't think I'm "Lost"ing this story... [face_thinking]

Face: There's cream for that now you know. And thanks! (now i've got it)

Prime: (as thus you shall be known, unless RotF sucks) You know, bueracracy and all...

MsL: or is it a different one? *shrugs*

Vadey: Yes,and Thank-you!

[b]Entry #14[/b]

[i]1, 063 days after the Battle of Geonosis[/i]

I had a dream last night. Hadn?t had one since my first days of training in Tipoca City; and worse yet; it felt less like a dream and more like a memory:

[i]I could feel the pain in my belly. It was searing, almost blinding. The drugs they were giving me was easing the pain minimally at best. And then I saw him. Not a face but a mask, but not like ours. Not like mine. But similar. The face had screamed at me my first day of training. Then again. Then again? I held a rifle bigger than me. And the face yelled again. It was a question. I can?t remember what it was.

?Whatever it takes sir??[/i]

I woke up, sweating. But the memory kept poking me, and it was making the wound in my stomach itch. I had been grazed in live fire exercises my first week of training on Kamino. I had been shot in the same spot on Saleucami.

And I had seen the same face above my bed during the med flight back to Coruscant.

4. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Man, this just keeps getting better. I don't know what to think!

5. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    30% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not promising. :\

Man! The same spot? That's one hell of an unlucky spot!
    "OW! You shot me in my bullet wound!"

And now Jango's stalking him, watching him sleep. That dude is creepy. Then again...if I had a bunch of clones, I'd probably watch them sleep too. Y'know - make sure I don't snore or anything.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Huh. I wonder if the wound is making old memories surface.

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_thinking] Hmmmm.... I wonder what's happening now?

=D=

8. CT-770492A3

CT-770492A3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2009
    =D= Kandosii, as usual.

Even more confused now...

...the memory kept poking me...
    Good use of personification. :)

9. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Whew, taking a break from all the Awards hoopla.

Oh, BTW, thank you for the nomination you guys! [:D]

Takianna: Leave it to your noggin', it will show you the way!

Yod: I won't even touch upon our last convo. :rolleyes:
    Then again...if I had a bunch of clones, I'd probably watch them sleep too. Y'know - make sure I don't snore or anything.
    - I would have dressed 'em up in girl clothes and make-up to answer the age old question on whether or not I'd make an attractive woman...

Nat: Yeah, of being shot. [face_plain] :p

Vadey: It's anybody's guess.

CT: Imagine what'll happen when MsLanna starts teaching me German...

[b]Entry #15[/b]

[i] 1,064 days after the Battle of Geonosis[/i]

The barracks have started to look more and more deserted lately. Many battalions have been shipped out, some say to be incorporated into the increasingly active 501st Legion. The rumors of one major push are more persistent lately. I think I?m starting to see some of my suspicions become reality.

However, I?m not paid to think. I?m paid to kill or be killed. And then die.

And to make sure the men around me are prepared to do the same.

10. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    ...the increasingly active 501st Legion...

Uh-oh.

The clones get paid?

=D=

Eh...wait. German? :confused:

11. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    They probably get leave money to keep them from going stir crazy. At this point, I imagine there are thousands of brothels around the galaxy filled with extremely specialized staff.

Ale, you're really startin to make us work for this link in your PM :p

Now, I wonder what's keeping everyone from just shoving Gal back into battle? It's almost like they're keeping him from it. Hmmm

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

And to make sure the men around me are prepared to do the same.

Excellent update. [face_skull] =D=

13. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Lanna: So is it the face of one of the trainers, or just one of his brothers?
    - If it was Jango though, wouldn't it be both??? [face_thinking]

CT-770492A3: Clones get paid? Grub! I'd do almost anything for food!

Yod: Ale, you're really startin to make us work for this link in your PM :confused:

Vadey: Thanks!

[b]Entry #16[/b]

[i] 1,065 days after the Battle of Geonosis[/i]

I don?t know why I?m doing this, but I think I?m going mad. There are whispers about me whenever I walk through the halls and pass non-clone staff. There are rumors about me. Rumors that I m not a clone. Rumors that although I look just like them, that I?m the one who?s different, not these fake clones.

To make it worse, I know someone is watching me. I catch them in my peripheral, but when I turn to get a clear look, they?re gone. It?s happened a few times now. At first I thought it was one of my men, Joker, but when it happened this morning, outside the mess after breakfast, I was speaking with Joker.

I can?t be crazy. This isn?t a Cloning Facility on Kamino, these aren?t Jango Fett clones; and there?s something more ominous going on here than my superiors are letting on. But I won?t discuss it with my men. I?d wager that they?re in on it too.

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I can?t be crazy. This isn?t a Cloning Facility on Kamino, these aren?t Jango Fett clones; and there?s something more ominous going on here than my superiors are letting on. But I won?t discuss it with my men. I?d wager that they?re in on it too.

Hmmmm [face_thinking] I wonder what's going on here?

15. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm still guessing! [face_thinking] Great update!

16. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    OK, now completely confused. Maybe. [face_thinking]

=D=

17. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Hmmmmmmmm...

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Huh. I wonder what's going on. Poor guy, not being able to trust anyone.

19. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Thank to all those who are still reading!

Entry 17:

1,065 days after the Battle of Geonosis
    (later in the day)

After breakfast my unit was scheduled for Urban Warfare exercises. We geared up in what was referred to as the ?holding pen? outside the eight-story wall that enclosed the makeshift cityscape environment.

As I briefed my squad, and drilled them on urban combat protocol, a non-clone officer approached and informed us that the scenario involved the death of the unit?s commander ? that being me - and that they had to continue on and secure a particular quadrant from Separatist infiltrators. I was then instructed to report to the observation platform within the northern wall.

I was permitted entry by the troopers on sentry to find myself alone with one individual.

The very man who was haunting my dreams lately.

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo - I can't wait to see what happens next!!

21. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    :eek: No PM?

Wait...scenario involving the death of the unit commander? Sounds suspicious... [face_thinking]

I hope this guy who's been watching him is a Mando'ad...

=D=

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I was permitted entry by the troopers on sentry to find myself alone with one individual.

The very man who was haunting my dreams lately.

Uh oh. [face_worried] Hurry up and update so I can find out what happens. :p

=D=

23. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Again, a month before updating? What's wrong with me? :p
    (I didn't want to get too far ahead where Lanna couldn't catch up :p)

Nat: Wait no longer!

CT: [face_whistling] Err, I believe I was using the wrong PM list. Won't happen again.

Vadey: Sorry, it's an update without the hurrying...

[b]ENTRY 18:[/b]

[i]1,067 days after the Battle of Geonosis[/i]

I?ve been delaying this entry.

I?m almost scarred as scared to put this into virtual page more than if I mentioned it to someone. I can claim heresy if I tell someone and they repeat it and I get in trouble. I can?t dispute hard evidence.

He said his name was Mij, and that's all I needed to know. Then, he stared at me, and it seemed like he was studying me. I stared back. He was wearing armor, but not trooper armor, or even commandos' armor. Real armor. It was like the commando trainers we would occasionally see on Kamino - the real Kamino.

"[i]Sol'yc[/i]," he said, "[i]you're one of 'em, one of the originals...[/i]"

I didn't know what he meant, but I gave him the same greeting: "[i]You're one of the trainers, aren't you? I've seen you before.[/i]"

He nodded at me, he was probably in his mid-forties, but he looked tougher than most of the troops here half his age. He definitely could best any of the trainers here. "[i]Must have seen me on Kamino then[/i]."

"[i]But sir, I thought THIS was Kamino?[/i]" My manner told him I didn't believe it for a second, and he grinned back at me. "[i]You tended a shrapnel graze across my stomach that occured during live fire exercises.[/i]"

The man grimaced. "[i]Sorry about that... do you have a call sign sergeant[/i]?"

I told him I had picked up [i]Gal[/i] somewhere and he chuckled, and called me "[i]Gal'ika[/i]".

He confirmed that we were in fact [i]not[/i] on Kamino, but on a moon of Coruscant called Centax-2, and that there was a whole other clone army being developed here that I seemed to have been mixed in with. A whole army developed by a cloning rival of the Kamnioans, using the Jango template, but a much lesser quality of master cloning. it explained why these guys looked like me and my brothers, but really weren't the same snuff.

He then said there was a lot more he had to tell me, but it would have to wait. He wasn't supposed to be on Centax himself, but he would meet with me again later. And that I was to keep everything quiet until we spoke again. Too much depended on it.

It's funny what goes through your mind when you're hit with a revelation like that. As I left, I asked him what Gal meant.

He said it was [i]Mando'a[/i], it meant 'Ale'.

24. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    Finally, the truth. Ish. :confused:

So it was a Mando watching him...
    And the clones are from Centax II... [face_thinking]

And gal means ale...missed that somehow.
    * goes to look at Mando'a word reference spreadsheet again *

Nicely done.
    =D=

25. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    gal = ale = self-insert. Gotcha!:p

Oooh, thing start to clear up. Kinda.
    So he got some kind of memory wipe, only it didn't half work. Poor Gal.
    And he has a Mando trainer who knows - something. I hope Gal is not sent of to assassinate Palps now. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.