main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Art of Dark_Guardian [index page1] [updated 10.13. - Dark Jedi WIP]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dark_Guardian, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Glad you like it, FF.
    Empire at War: Forces of Corruption is the Expansion for the Computer Game Empire at War. The Annihilator is part of the Kuat Defense Fleet.

Here's my latest work for the Fan Art Challange:
    Elementary Troopers

Four different types of Stromtrooper Armor, each representing one of the four elements:
    Fire: Radiation Zone Trooper; Weapon: BlasTech DLT-20A blaster rifle
    Air: Airtrooper; Weapon: BlasTech DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle
    Earth: Swamptrooper; Weapon SoroSuub "Stromtrooper Two" blaster rifle
    Water: Aquatic Assault Trooper; Weapon: BlasTech FireArc-49 blaster/speargun hybrid rifle

2. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Those troopers look really cool. I think I like the Aquatic one the most, like a mix between a diver and a scouttrooper.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa!! Extremely cool! I love the different look to each of them, and the way you have them in their "environment." Most excellent! My personal fav is the Airtrooper--very cool wings you've given him! They're all wonderful, and you've done a great job with each of them! =D=

FF

4. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    Thanks for the comments.

When I looked for reference pirctures, the Airtrooper was actually the only one where I couldn't find a decent picture, so i used a concept art for ROTS and change a few things, mostly the helmet. So he is actually the most "original" one.

5. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    D_G those troopers rock!
    I agree with FF, and have very little to add to that, except how awesome the Swamp trooper turned out--he might be my fav of that bunch :)

God bless you and Happy new year!
    ~N

6. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    Thanks, Nidrail.

Here's a little WIP: Tel Vynkar, an OC (and Dark Jedi) from my story:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Dark_Guardian/Tel.jpg]

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very cool costuming, Dark_Guardian, and good proportions on the figure as well (the stance is very easy and natural); the eyes are the only thing that seem a bit off (to me): they don't look like they're "aiming" in the same direction... If you're interested, I can point you to a great website that I often reference--it has some helpful tips for drawing faces/features. This is great--can't wait to see it done!

FF

8. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    Thanks, FalconFan. Any help will beuseful. I have my problems with drawing persons, especially the faces.

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Faces, like anything else, just take some study and practice (and some easy-to-use guides and references come in handy, as well! ;) )! Take a look here--there are dozens of useful tutorials on this site, including drawing features, faces and heads. A couple of other good references are here and here for some specifics on more realistic heads/faces; try browsing through this guide if you want some more specific, realistic guides and references. These are some of my favorites (I've actually copied a lot of these pages and keep them with my drawing materials, so I have them handy)--I hope they're some use to you, as well. As I said before, study and practice will be the keys to getting better (as it is with all skills); you have a wonderful start already, though, so these refs should help you to improve very quickly! Looking forward to more!

FF

10. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    I need more practise. Here's another Dark Jedi concept, this time it is Arkyn Medor, also from my stories:

Arkyn Medor

(Just ignore the face... [face_worried] [face_sick] )

This one was a quick job, a last minute entry for the "Design a Ship" Contest over at the Lit Boards:

Bakuran GPA

For a description of the ship, stats, etc. see here

Enjoy...

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Nice to see some figure-drawing practice here, D_G! ;) The proportions on the body look pretty good, though the head is a bit small for the rest of the frame; the arms and legs have good proportion to the torso and the pose looks very good--nice work with the hands, too! As to the face--it just takes practice: just working on the faces alone can be helpful (when trying to learn to draw something, I tend to take a blank sheet and draw nothing but that element and fill the entire page with it--be it faces, eyes, hands, feet, etc.). Give it a go, and see if it helps! The ship looks great (I always admire people that can freehand a vessel like this...it's a real challenge!)--good design and it's nice to see the plan view and the 3/4 view as well: it gives a better picture of the ship that way. Good job, and keep on drawing!

FF

12. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    Thanks for the encouraging, FF.

I have to admit that I still can't draw a complet person with the right proportions. When I draw a person, I use a comic panel, cover or photo as a draft. Once I have drawn the basic stance, I start working on the clothes, and the face etc.

I always could draw ships (especially old sailing ships) much easier than persons. When I design a spaceships, I start with a basic sketch in a 3/4 view or something similar and work on it until the sketch is skrewed up and the design is ready in my head. Then I make the plan sketches and draw single element, like the cockpit or the engines and then I make a new 3/4 view sketch (or I rework the original one).

13. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    Nothing special today, not even SW-realted. Just some old sketches I found somewhere.
    Ship 1
    Ship 2

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WheeHaw!! =D= Those are wonderful, D_G! I love the old "tall ships," and these sketches are indeed a tribute to those steadfast vessels! So much detail...it's wonderful, and must have taken ages to do--the 3/4 view from aft is my favorite, just because of the gorgeous perspective (which looks almost flawless to me, btw) and the definite feeling that she's under sail and moving away from the viewer....so lovely! Beautiful work--you should be proud!--and thanks for sharing them with us!

FF

15. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    Well, I hate to brag, but big old sailing ships are one thing where I'm really good at. Started as a kid when I read some really stupid pirate comics with some very-well drawn ships. I started to draw them myself and since then...

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

16. Dark_Guardian

Apr 11, 2004
    So, here's another WIP of my Dark Jedi Tel Vynkar frommy story.

Tel Vynkar

Just a first colored version, it has still missing some details/shadows etc.

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Great Job at coloring. can't wait to see it finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.