main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Resources Art Prompts Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by teamhansolo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Hi everyone! So, there seems to be no drawing prompts/inspiration thread, and since I am always needing inspiration, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I decided to create a new thread. :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    This is a good idea :) I'll share my opinion on prompts.
    I prefer broad prompts rather than really specific ones. My favourites are always moods or situations rather than straight up saying "draw this character".
    I tried to do a 30 day Art Challenge once, but that didn't go to well [face_tee_hee] But if you're motivated and have heaps of free time, I'd suggest it.

:p

3. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Oh, that sounds cool, I did a Solo art countdown, (by myself, it wasn't an organized thing) and drew a picture every day. It was pretty much crazy sketches, but It was a fun experience. Once we get to 100 days before Ep. IX comes out, I might do it again . :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    For inspiration… I've got a series of "Art of-" books featuring concept / production art relating to films and The Legend of Zelda series. James Gurney and his wonderful Dinotopia series is just beautiful with the paintings in those books.

Oh, we'll be doing an art challenge leading up to Ep. IX… always welcome to pass along ideas for the challenges. There are two more challenges planned which one of them will be launching soon and run concurrently with the current challenge.

teamhansolo and Khalia Octa like this.
  5. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Ima just leave some doodle prompts here....

Ezra and a Loth Cat
    Rey eating Doritos
    Ahsoka doing karaoke
    Anakin reading
    Your interpretation of a character that’s only in the books
    Finn using only purple colors

@Khalia Octa can you think of some?

6. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    I like those, I'll have to have a go at some ;)

Some that I can think of right now:
    - Succulents
    - Lightsaber hilts
    - Star Wars-style buildings

7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I went with "Anakin reading". The result:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  8. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Love this! :p

9. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Bahahahaha I love this!!!

10. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    :D Had some fun with the lightsaber one, :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I’d like to add a few suggestions!

-Young Leia getting styled with “the bun do” for the first time

-Young scrappy Han pickpocketing a rich alien

-Young Luke in a kiddie pool, to the hilt in floating gear and uncle Owen looking unamused

-young MaraJade and the Emperor giving her a lesson in the force

...um, if no one touches these, I might take a crack at em...

12. Zyobot

Zyobot Jedi Padawan

May 23, 2022
    Late to the party, but I think a "design your own lightsaber" prompt would be worth considering.

(Incidentally, it'd also make a good standalone thread, which I should consider setting up someday... )

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey everyone!

I wanted to go ahead and bump this thread and see if anyone would be interested in participating in a weekly art prompt exercise. I was thinking of generating a new list of five (5) prompts each week that anyone can use at their leisure. The sky's the limit in terms of medium (both traditional and digital media is welcome) and subject matter. I don't feel that it's prudent to limit everything to Star Wars in this case. After all, the purpose of an art prompt is to get those creative juices flowing, so it would be counterproductive to say that everyone must work within the confines of the Star Wars universe. With that said, please abide by the TOS and keep everything family-friendly. I highly encourage everyone to post their creations here once completed, but it's by no means required. You can come and go as you please. :)

Each prompt list will be posted at the beginning of each week (Monday). However, since I will be starting the thread off on a Wednesday, this will be an extended week to get things rolling.

Here are your prompts for Oct 5 - Oct 16:
    • a creek
    • a pair of red shoes
    • an ivy-covered tower
    • desire
    • horror

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I hope photography is okay. :) Two of your prompts sent me on a fun trip down memory lane into my files. I take loads of photos of monuments and mausoleums, which isn’t really horror, but maybe close enough? Also, anyone close to me knows I’m a sucker for fabulous shoes, and anything related to tap dance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one was a little horrifying since that heavy tree was against the structure.

[​IMG]

This is one of my favorite monuments in a historic cemetery I walk in.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo... I like these quite a bit! I'm really digging the look of those red shoes. Also, nice job on the framing in your shots, especially the first one with the shoes and the one with the tree resting against the mausoleum. The diagonal line created by the tree allows your eye to move freely about the image. :)

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks, I’m hesitant to post them, but I enjoy taking them.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's all that matters! Never feel hesitant to post your work! We welcome all skill levels, from amateur to professional. :D

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Time for a new set of prompts to start the week! :)

Oct 17 - Oct 23:
    • come like an evening shadow
    • everyone I ever loved
    • hope
    • pale purple
    • resentment

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I think I was awake for 48 hours when I stood watching this, the fourth unit of blood draining into someone I dearly love. Hoping it would be enough. [​IMG]

The patterns it make in the bag as it emptied was so beautiful, like looking through a red kaleidoscope.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    HanSolo29 likes this.
  20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I like that a lot! It's a perfect example of hope, especially when you have a personal story to go along with it. It's also very interesting how the blood itself (as it drained) created its own unique patterns.

Thank you for sharing!! [:D]

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Here is the update for this week:

Oct 24 - Oct 30:
    • Paris
    • awe
    • dread
    • gold fever
    • white flowers

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Bumping this for this week:

Oct 31 - Nov 6:
    • a baseball cap
    • butterflies
    • contrasting
    • dark purple
    • nothingness

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Today at a farmers market, they were just too pretty to pass up.

[​IMG]

I guess that shade is aubergjne, which is what a lot of people call eggplants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m always drawn to purple things, it’s my favorite.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    These look amazing!

I love the extreme close-ups (they generate a very unique pattern), and they have great flow in terms of composition; they're pleasing to the eye. I think my favorite is definitely the first one of the eggplants. :D

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks @HanSolo29! I can also report that the eggplant were as tasty as they looked. :p

HanSolo29 likes this.