main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends As I die - Nom Anor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Blue:

Authors Note: Well it couldn't get much worse for Nom Anor could it?......Could it?! [face_devil]

Ya will find a way :p

Chapter 4:

Uhh ? that somehow reminds me of Boba Fett and the Sarlacc [face_thinking] o_O:D
    Though Nom does it on purpose and is not pushed in :p

The villip mistress, a rather haggard looking female, took up a position of genuflection, pressing her forehead to the deck before uttering, ?Belek tiu Commander, but the signal is that of Dread Lord Shimrra himself.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky little Nom
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?If Lord Shimrra survives, we may yet have the advantage over our enemies.?

He will be disappointed to find only Nom 8-} in a garbage chute nonetheless :p

Chapter 5:

Funny, the former prefect realized, he had never imagined he would die like this, in ignominy.

Eaten by a dying garbage chute? :p 8-}
    Well he is in good company by the nearly death experience of garbage chutes anyway ?
    There is Han, Leia and Luke, nearly pressed to death on the first Death Star, saved by a chirping tin .. and of course Boba, who fell not in a garbage chute, but in an acid stomach of the Sarlacc

8-} 8-}

Heresy? Had his shaping taken on a heretical turn? He had not suspected that. Nor did he care.

He does what is best for himself :p

It would take the warriors a while to pry open the clamped-shut jaws of the deceased maw luur, during which time, the highly corrosive stomach acid of the creature, would have enough time to thaw some.

Glancing downwards, as if staring death in the face, Nom Anor prepared himself for the unthinkable.

He still has his armor, no? it should allow some protection :p

Looking forward to the dumbfounded faces when not Shimrra but Nom is crawling out of the garbage chute ;) :D

=D=

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I know, aren't you proud? lol. [face_laugh]

Maggy: Ya will find a way

And I usually do ;)

He will be disappointed to find only Nom in a garbage chute nonetheless

Well it really could be worse...ok no it couldn't...perhaps he'll discover some amazing new smells down there :p

Eaten by a dying garbage chute? tongue silly
    Well he is in good company by the nearly death experience of garbage chutes anyway ?
    There is Han, Leia and Luke, nearly pressed to death on the first Death Star, saved by a chirping tin .. and of course Boba, who fell not in a garbage chute, but in an acid stomach of the Sarlacc

You read my mind [face_laugh]

He does what is best for himself

As he always does ;) Shame Niiriit Esh missed that point, or perhaps that's what attracted her to him? XD

He still has his armor, no? it should allow some protection :p

He was still wearing the garb of a shamed one I believe - you know, after his brief switcharoo in the sacred square on Yuuzhan'tar. Nothing like the ol'switcharoo!

Looking forward to the dumbfounded faces when not Shimrra but Nom is crawling out of the garbage chute

Yeah, somehow I don't think "April Fools!" will break the ice here. [face_mischief] there is a plan, never fear...but then again you know what I think of 'plans' lol.

Thanks for reading!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another harsh jerk, followed by a grating scrape, as thought the pod of the maw luur?s corpse, was being pulled between a giant set of jaws, set Nom Anor on edge. This was it, there was no turning back now, only forwards - be that into oblivion as it might well be. And all this meant that he would need to go through with the final, horrific part of his plan.

It would take the warriors a while to pry open the clamped-shut jaws of the deceased maw luur, during which time, the highly corrosive stomach acid of the creature, would have enough time to thaw some.

Glancing downwards, as if staring death in the face, Nom Anor prepared himself for the unthinkable.

Another wonderful post! I can't wait to see what will happen next. :D

=D=

4. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much, and more is most certainly on it's way - with a hopefully less torturous post for the readers ;)

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You know I actually think the maw luur is a very good idea. Good way of getting rid of all the waste and still being kind to the environment.

He wasn?t going to like this, he decided, but when had Nom Anor done something he truly relished lately?
    That's so true. He's kind of the ultimate cynic who's really blown any chance he has for simple contentment by all his plotting and manipulation. However he IS interesting. :)

?- I am receiving an attempted communication pulse from one of the primary signal villips, the pulse is weak, but the source is within range.?
    Aha - think I know what that means. ;)

?If Lord Shimrra survives, we may yet have the advantage over our enemies.?
    Boy, I almost feel sorry for poor old Vorrik.

Next chapter

So there he clung, watching the darkness curl around him like the lover he never had, waiting for any sign that he was no longer alone.
    That was a nice metaphor. You captured a lot of Nom Anor's defining aspects there, and made me sympathise with him. :)

Now the muttering had begun again, reaching a level, that the warrior guarding the entrance to the grashal, found abhorrently unacceptable. He cracked his own amphistaff against the thigh-plate of his armour, sending the crecheling nearest to him into a wise quiescence, and then he bellowed, ?Silence, petulant fools!?
    Ah - that brought back memories of my old high school. ;) (All the Monty Pythons fans shout: "Luxury!") :D

Ah, so evil old Nom Anor poisoned the old High Prefect. Bad boy. I really enjoy the flashbacks filling in Nom Anor's backstory. I'm also enjoying the intrigue as to what he has planned. :) Great posts.

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Tahi, nice to see you here again :) There will be more in the way of those flashbacks, some delving deeper into his origins, such as (without giving too much away) naming for instance, in the next chapter, and those to follow.

I think it's very much the 'how will you escape this time?' factor that made him so interesting, he managed to survive pretty much anything thrown at him, through downright underhanded tactics that just made it entertaining to read. He is a lot of fun to write :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That I can see, it reminded me a bit of mine too XD

Thanks for reading! :)

7. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    once again you give us a no holds barred nom anor. [face_devil] love it. he is probably the most cunning and egocentric characters ever written, and you are just continuing his legacy. i love it. can't wait to see how he pulls this next scene off. and you going back and giving us a back story is amazing! loved how evil he was at the beginning. perhaps jacen solo should have stayed and learned more while he was in the embrace of pain. he would have been an even better sith lord.

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, I am glad it seems that I am keeping him in character, I always try to be careful about things like that - an old RP habit I guess ;) - He is one of the more complex people among the Yuuzhies to write about, though also the one we got to see the most of, so that definitely helps. I often think the writers should have delved a bit into his past, see where he came from and suchlike, but their not doing so just gave me food for thought :D
    I mean the only slight-relative we know he has, was Phaa Anor - and he certainly didn't seem too fond of old Nom either [face_laugh]

The little backstory part here, was actually inspired by a bit of childish revenge my best friend and I got on someone who tried to get us in trouble when we were seven or eight. We sprinkled something unpleasant (and I stress not deadly) in her lunch and sat back to watch the fireworks - but it backfired and ended up in us all being rounded up in the school hall and being questioned as a group as to who had done the deed. Fortunately, the pair of us managed to give a convincing "I would never do that" when asked if we did it. To this day she doesn't know who it was....sorry Rebecca if you are reading this...it was partly me - but you shouldn't have told on me in class :p [face_laugh]

Oh he's egocentric alright, never imagined him any other way hehe. Another fic-bunny in your reply though, what would Jacen Solo have become had Vergere been less controlling in her own manipulative, backwards-legged way? What if Jacen had spent a bit more time with Nom Anor, would he have learned a bit of subtelty perhaps? [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading and reviewing! :D

And remember crechelings, revenge is a dish best served cold, not with pencil shavings ;)

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Note: They tried to make me do some admin, but I said no, no, no - it was quiet at work today, so I decided to type the next part of this up. There are still a few things I may tweak to fit with the next chapter, but I may leave it as it is, I rather like it this way :)

So in this one, we finally get to see the beginning of Nom Anor's plan, there is a way out of everything, and he seems to be a master at escaping by the skin of his teeth. No change here I hope!

Thanks for reading :D

-Blue

As I Die

Chapter 6

Worldship Baanu Rwrnn - 172 years ago.

The loud, shrill cry permiated the thick, fleshy walls of the damutek's birthing chamber, piercing it's membrane and echoing out into the crumbling chambers beyond. This worldship was in a state of severe disrepair, it's inhabitants doomed to a slow agonizing death, when the vessels' days were numbered - which would be soon, if Supreme Overlord Quorreal sat idle too long. Many of the older worldship's inhabitants had voiced on many an occasion, that the new galaxy - of which many an scout had mentioned in supposedly confidential meetings with the dread one - was their only chance at survival for the majority of their species. Left to languish out here, the warriors turned on each other, thirsty for war which they could only simulate in blood-feuds and domain disputes. Such pleas had fallen on deaf ears, the ageing Overlord had sent many to their deaths for daring to voice such concerns.
    "Look to the Gods," he had said, "look to the Gods for guidance, they would show the doubtful the true way.

Within the birthing chamber walls, a shaper busied herself in tending to the rooms only other occupant, who was laying propped up on her elbows, knees drawn up as she sweated and growled her way through the process of giving birth. Like all things Yuuzhan Vong, pain was the mainstay of this event, and the shaper tending to her pregnant female, would have no more offered her something for the pain, than the woman trying to embrace it would have asked for such things. Pain brought them closer to the Gods, it was cleansing and this female, the shaper knew, would need all the cleansing she could get.

During the earliest stages of her pregnancy, the secrets of this female's heresy had gone unseen, but as the klekkets went by, she could not deny the abhorrently obvious truth. She was a shaper herself and as such, knew the act that she had partaken in - though it had not been entirely of her own free will - was forbidden to her, let alone the one form of shaping denied to shapers of her rank. Yet the gods had sought to teach her a lesson in servility, bestowing upon her the very product of forbidden shaping, before long, it was too late.

She held no form of love for this child's father, he was as self serving as he was cruel - and that being half the reason of their union, was why she could feel nothing but contempt for him. This child was a permanent reminder of that hatred, a stain upon her domain and would be denied ascension into the shaper caste, she had seen to that herself. The shaper wanted nothing more to do with this child, or their father, she would not tarnish her domain name any further. Indeed, once this task was over and done with, the priest's ornate sacrificial coufee awaited to open her veins and return her to the gods for her final, eternal punishment.

The young female would not pray for leniency, only that whatever horrors and agony awaited her in the afterlife, that the one partly responsible for this, would face the same atrocities tenfold, for what he had brought upon them.

When what seemed like all the agony in a thousand worlds would overcome her ability to embrace it, a loud mewling cry broke the uneasy sounds of laboured breathing and grunts of stifled pain.

The tending shaper stepped forward, one serrated finger-tool outstretched, to cut the crecheling free of it's umbilical cord, wrapping the infant in a pre-prepared living cloth as she went. After a while, she glanced dow

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Enemy of the people, eh?

And is Nom now alone on a Yuuzhan Vong warship? :p He could have his own little personal warship to become a warlord with :p

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Of sorts, yes, and Spike...you know that would be telling :p [face_devil] Never said he was alone, then again I never said he wasn't either ;) Not a bad idea you have there though! (unless you are counting the fact he's one person and it takes several to run that vessel...oh and there is a whole fleet to go up against ;) )

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Nom is going to have to pull an Anakin!Kunra and get some skin fast. Crazy how people name their kids (can't blame the mum, it's always the man). I wonder if how they hid a pregnant shaper.

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    haha, already got that one covered...no pun intended [face_blush]
    Bit sexist to say it's always the man, It's somewhat bad parenting on her part for saying she doesn't give a hoot, is it not? ;) And as for the latter, that is an entirely different story, I don't think they did, but that would take a lot of explaining - and possibly another fic - to reveal :)

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful update! I really loved this part:

"He will need a name and it is not my place to provide one, his domain - "

The other female cut her off sharply,

"-is not my domain," she said "he will have his father's domain name, he deserves no less."

The onlooking shaper, restless crecheling in arms, seemed to bristle some, who was this heretic to think she could order her around?

"And his forename?" she persued, unable to keep the irked nature out of her voice.

The crecheling's mother turned to look at them now, gaze flickering to the still-mewling infant. Her eyes seemed to glaze over for a moment or two, then suddenly cleared again as she came to a final decision.

"Nom," she replied with much clarity, mulling over the way that sounded in her mind and on her tongue.

The shaper's tendrils were a picture of chaotic confusion - had she heard right?

"Nom?"

She did of course know what that word meant, enemy, more specifically 'enemy of a people.' Yuuzhan Vong were a species very much into giving their offspring symbolic names, but this? This was a carefully thought out subtle insult if uttered in the right context.

"Yes," the other female reiterated, "Nom Anor."

Really cool explanation of Nom Anor's background. =D=

15. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    [face_devil] the greates eu character to have ever been created, lives on. and i'm glad to see those loyal not give in to the surrender. very nice job blue [face_devil]

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

Thank you very much! :D It was part of a fic-bunny i'd had for another fic way back, but never included it. As I was going into Nom Anor's background here, it seemed right to use it here instead :) Glad it seems to have worked out okay!

I couldn't have them surrender, that was one of my qualms with that moment - Nas Choka was way too level headed. Tsavong Lah ftw :p
    Thanks very much! :D More to follow.

17. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh, but she didn't want to get preggers in the first place (it was Mr. Anor being a pig), did she? Hm, maybe they said she had a fluid buildup.

18. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    True, but two wrongs don't make a right :p
    And LOL "that is some serious water retention you have there" might convince the extremely naive [face_laugh]

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    We used to call our old high school Colditz. LOL

Pain brought them closer to the Gods, it was cleansing and this female, the shaper knew, would need all the cleansing she could get.
    Makes you wonder how the warriors would have dealt with birth. LOL Bet they'd have all gone wimpy and shouted for epidurals.

"It is a healthy male," she assured the rather stony-faced female, "You have a son."

The bedraggled female closed her eyes, head lolling listlessly to one side, she gestured with one hand uncaringly - sight might hold sway over her feelings, and she could not afford that now.

"Take it away,"

Poor little beggar. I feel sorry for him. Such a grim lot, the YV, aren't they!

"Nom?"

She did of course know what that word meant, enemy, more specifically 'enemy of a people.' Yuuzhan Vong were a species very much into giving their offspring symbolic names, but this? This was a carefully thought out subtle insult if uttered in the right context.

"Yes," the other female reiterated, "Nom Anor."

Ah - so this is the story behind his name. Great job. :)

His plan was not to render himself disabled, only that he be rendered unrecognisable.
    Wow. You can't help admiring his tenacity.

I like the confusion over Nom Anor's identity. He must have been laughing to himself.

This was followed by the sounds of coufees and amphistaffs tearing through flesh and bones of their wielders, anger-saturated death cries cursed the heretics, some cursing Shimrra, his madness and his betrayal of the gods too.

And from his unforgiving resting place, Nom Anor watched it all, embraced by an inner anguish of his own.

Wow - what a scene that would be. I'm very curious to know what Nom Anor's next move will be. :)

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    We used to call our old high school Colditz. LOL

Hah! Mine didn't have a 'name' as such, it was just that horrible sense of forboding you felt, as you approached this really dindgey building in a field next to an airport DX You know the feeling, the one that made me think "How can I escape today?" lol.

Makes you wonder how the warriors would have dealt with birth. LOL Bet they'd have all gone wimpy and shouted for epidurals.

:eek: Blasphemy!....though it did make me wonder ;)

Poor little beggar. I feel sorry for him. Such a grim lot, the YV, aren't they!

And I felt sorry for him whilst writing it lol, but it was kinda integral to the plot, plus it's got him this far! :D

Ah - so this is the story behind his name. Great job.

Thanks :) I mixed a little fact and fiction over this one. Another idea I toyed with during this naming subject, was the whole non amour - nom anor analogy, his name perhaps meaning ' No Love' rather than what I had as option A.

Wow. You can't help admiring his tenacity.

I like the confusion over Nom Anor's identity. He must have been laughing to himself.

Yes, though be it through joy at his plan actually working for once, or in relief, I am not entirely sure. The thing I have to keep repeating to myself while writing this is "By any means necessary, as long as those means benefit me me me" lol - because that's the impression I got from reading about him in the NJO.

Wow - what a scene that would be. I'm very curious to know what Nom Anor's next move will be

if only there was a gimungous movie budget eh? ;) Thanks very much Tahi I am still in the process of writing the next bit in draft, but more is most definitely on the way :)

21. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I finally have had time to read this chapter, silly boxes get in the way.

Anyhoo!

Great Chapter! I love the histroy of Nom! it was a great addition to his character! Keep up the good work!

22. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    hehe yes that too will be what i'll be up to - I've been evicted from my house, gotta love infidels like my landlord :mad:

Thanks very much! :D And I see you have updated your fic, i'll swing by there whilst at work tomorrow and have a read!
    More to come from Nom, i've really been giving the notepad a thrashing lately, so expect something interesting (I hope) to come :D

23. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Blue:

Well it really could be worse...ok no it couldn't...perhaps he'll discover some amazing new smells down there :p

I am sure of that 8-}

You read my mind [face_laugh]

But I do not have this ability! :eek:

As he always does ;) Shame Niiriit Esh missed that point, or perhaps that's what attracted her to him? XD

Maybe? :p
    He is a Yuuzhan Vong Borsk Fey?lya then? O:)

He was still wearing the garb of a shamed one I believe - you know, after his brief switcharoo in the sacred square on Yuuzhan'tar. Nothing like the ol'switcharoo!

*chuckles*
    Banana sling? O:)

Yeah, somehow I don't think "April Fools!" will break the ice here. [face_mischief] there is a plan, never fear...but then again you know what I think of 'plans' lol.

I think not that the YV know what a good joke is :p
    Nom was too long among infidels 8-}

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing! :D

Chapter 6

Worldship Baanu Rwrnn - 172 years ago.

That is pretty long ago 8-}

The loud, shrill cry permiated the thick, fleshy walls of the damutek's birthing chamber, piercing it's membrane and echoing out into the crumbling chambers beyond.

Good lungs :p

This worldship was in a state of severe disrepair, it's inhabitants doomed to a slow agonizing death, when the vessels' days were numbered - which would be soon, if Supreme Overlord Quorreal sat idle too long.

I am pretty sure the all mighty Supreme Overlord does not concern himself with such minor work as to repair a worldship; that is the job of shapers and their minors after all ? he as a warrior has to fight wars or train for them :p

Many of the older worldship's inhabitants had voiced on many an occasion, that the new galaxy - of which many an scout had mentioned in supposedly confidential meetings with the dread one - was their only chance at survival for the majority of their species.

8-} do they really believe that or was it told to them by the priests and the Overlord awesomeness that it is a fact that the new galaxy is for their best only?

Left to languish out here, the warriors turned on each other, thirsty for war which they could only simulate in blood-feuds and domain disputes. Such pleas had fallen on deaf ears, the ageing Overlord had sent many to their deaths for daring to voice such concerns.

Crazy old man :p

"Look to the Gods," he had said, "look to the Gods for guidance, they would show the doubtful the true way.

*thinks* they will find Gods, a trickster and her twin 8-}

Within the birthing chamber walls, a shaper busied herself in tending to the rooms only other occupant, who was laying propped up on her elbows, knees drawn up as she sweated and growled her way through the process of giving birth. Like all things Yuuzhan Vong, pain was the mainstay of this event, and the shaper tending to her pregnant female, would have no more offered her something for the pain, than the woman trying to embrace it would have asked for such things. Pain brought them closer to the Gods, it was cleansing and this female, the shaper knew, would need all the cleansing she could get.

From the shame she brought on herself with this kid? .. well lets name the kid ? Nom :p

During the earliest stages of her pregnancy, the secrets of this female's heresy had gone unseen, but as the klekkets went by, she could not deny the abhorrently obvious truth.

As a shaper she should have known how to prevent it 8-} :p

She was a shaper herself and as such, knew the act that she had partaken in - though it had not been entirely of her own free will - was forbidden to her, let alone the one form of shaping denied to shapers of her rank. Yet the gods had sought to teach her a lesson in servility, bestowing upon her the very product of forbidden shaping, before long, it was too late.

Really evil of the gods .. she can be lucky to not be shamed as i

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Maggy, wow...that was a post and a half!

Oook, where to start...ah here ;)

He is a Yuuzhan Vong Borsk Fey?lya then? - More than he knows I think, very good point!

Banana sling? -If there is, it's gone into hiding [face_laugh]

That is pretty long ago - Yuuzhan Vong have thrice the lifespan of a human in the SWG, therefore as Nom is middle aged I believe, it would have to be a fair trek back, though in retrospect, perhaps I should have made it a bit longer ago?

Good lungs - You'd have good lungs too if you were just about to give birth to Mr. Slaphead there [face_laugh]

I am pretty sure the all mighty Supreme Overlord does not concern himself with such minor work as to repair a worldship; that is the job of shapers and their minors after all ? he as a warrior has to fight wars or train for them

That is assuming Quorreal was a warrior, it's never mentioned ;) . And no, you are right, he wouldn't concern himself with menial things like that, hence why they were not repaired I guess! lol. Hmm I'm noticing a correlation between this and real life, I ask my landlord to get things fixed and I get evicted, they ask their overlord to get things fixed, they get sacrificed....hmmm Landlords, Overlords....could be XD

Ok I know, supposed to be relaxing *sniffs the lavender*

:p

I wonder why she sacrifices herself instead of the child Or maybe it is just me ... a blood tribute would not have helped her? - Not only that, she did it to bring disgrace upon his father's domain, being as she's pointing the finger of blame firmly in his direction and all, she does not believe that sacrificing the child would put her in any better stead. Letting him live is merely a revenge tactic on her part.

For a kid are always two needed - Where do crechelings come from? Their parents of course! :p

And there he is ... in a pink thong already? - See reference answer two ;) and hope it doesn't invert like those pants did during the EU pants game XD

A former shaper ? a high ranking one ... 8-} she did not lose her commanding voice LOL
    Her son is definitely hers
    - [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Think big, walk tall...shame he's shorter in height than average eh? We'll assume he got that from his dad too ;)

Lucky him, moving so ungracefully - Watch as he glides like a Vua'sa on ice....*grimace*

he added another death to his long, long list ? the cloaker - Don't put away your mourning hat just yet, he has a few more to add to the incredibly long list of casualties he is responsible for!

Tsk! Another death because of him! mass murderer - See, what did I say? And the latter surprises you how? ;) :p

Why did Shimrra keep a shamed one as his personal pet all this time? - It was said, he did so as a display of his great power, though I think every Yuuzhan Vong and all their many living implants put together pondered that question.

How lucky is Nom? They are going to kill themselves around him and he is free?! And gets away again?!
    - Luckier than a....lucky thing handing out, lucky bags....no I have no idea what I am on either. 8-} But isn't this what Nom Persistently does best?!
    :D

Uhh... because of the scene before him, or his own felt pain from being diving in acids? - I am afraid i'm gonna have to let you decide that one for now, hehe ;)

Awesome
    Me likes Blue!
    Nom is really lucky! I doubt that he will kill himself just because all others do so ? does that mean ? like Spiky said already ? he gets the ship without residence :p
    Well ... a single man can?t fly it of course ... but there might be others who did not kill themselves in hope to escape?

Looking forward to the next part

- Mags
    - Thanks very much for the great review and questions, always like a good ponder ;) and general silliness (distantly related to general grievous.....oh that was bad....oh the shame) thrown in is good too :D More on it's way!

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Note: I thought it was time I updated this, I have been suffering with too much RL-stress induced writers block, so please excuse me if it sounds a bit, well...bitty :p
    This is actually only part one, I left it where I did as I want to do some severe editing in part two, but that's all I am saying on that ;)

Thanks very much to whoever nominated me by the way :)
    And as always, thanks muchly for reading!

He get's knocked down...but he get's up again.....[face_devil]

Chapter 7

1 Standard Week later.

A pleasantly cool breeze, wafted gently over the back of a prone figure, laid out carefully upon a moss-laden dais to one side of a large hut-like structure. Somewhere in the distance, the being could hear the soft bubbling of flowing water, avians sang further away, calling to one another in kind and all around him, he could hear the soft padding of someone?s feet - or was it two sets of feet? He listened again, concentrating as hard as he could manage.
    No?only one, taking small, yet quick, steps.

Awareness was slowly returning to him, along with his senses, in what seemed like every gradual beat his heart had taken since awakening. He tried to open his eye, only to find that a strip of cloth, wound securely about his head, prevented him from doing so easily.
    What had happened? How long had he been here like this?
    And more importantly, was he now someone's captive?

No- they couldn?t know, he had made certain that he was unrecognizable! It would have been impossible to tell who he was after the time he had spent festering in the corrosive guts of that gods forsaken maw luur!

Was he a Galactic Alliance captive, or Yuuzhan Vong? Either way, his fate would surely be the same, would it not?

Execution - it was almost ironic.

The sound of someone?s approach caused him to tense abruptly, and he inconspicuously tried to wiggle his fingers experimentally - his hands remained unbound together, perhaps they had been careless, not expecting him to wake so soon? He had, however, clearly been drugged, his slow reactions testament to that fact.
    Very un-Yuuzhan Vong.

The sudden weight of gentle, small hands upon his back, caused Nom Anor to start - visibly so - literally springing up several millimetres from his resting place, attempting to lash out at whoever his captor was, yet he found his limbs held oddly static. As he attempted to move, he became aware of the fact that restraints of some sort, held his wrists, waist, thighs and ankles gently, but firmly, in their position.
    He began to really test his bonds, and at once heard a startled ?squeak? of surprise from the direction of whoever those hand?s belonged to, that was a nano second before a rather diminutive voice began to speak?..in basic.

?Oh! Please - you are safe, I don?t mean you any harm, but you are very badly injured; do not attempt to move any further.?

Nom Anor opened his mouth to speak, but found it to be as dry as bone dust.
    As if pre-empting his question, the small voice responded in answer

?You are safe,? It repeated, and Nom Anor found it very hard to pinpoint with whom - or rather what - he was listening to, they sounded almost like a small infidel child!
    And as for it proclaiming he were safe, well, safe was all a matter of opinion.

?You are on the world known as Zonama Sekot, but do not be alarmed, there is much to explain - you are lucky, you know, when they found you, the officers sent to retrieve those left aboard the Yuuzhan Vong craft, they thought you were dead - ?

There was some shuffling of feet, and Nom Anor felt the cool moistness of some form of organic strips making contact with his heavily blistered skin. Pain, new and virulent in it?s many forms, blossomed with renewed energy across his seared nerves, forcing a hiss from his lungs, shamefully.

Neathlats!? This made no sense, since when did infidels begin to use neathlats?

?Apologies.? The voice said woefully, ?You have sustained much damage, but we are doing all we can to heal you.?

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.