main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends As I die - Nom Anor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, nothing like spending all your time on something only to have someone come along and stomp all over your proverbial sand castle is there? [face_laugh] And it's all about to get a bit intense soon [face_devil] , there is a second half to this chapter, so hopefully there should be more on the way soon :)

Thanks very much :D [:D]

I should be around tonight, depending on what they try and foist onto me at work - I hear you with the laptop thing, I am always sneakily online whilst 'working' and have lost count of the times people have come in and gone "What are you doing?" "Fan-fi....ummm fan...work, yes...I am a huge fan of work, and that is what I am doing right now." hmm smooooth [face_laugh]

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Note: Hi all! Sorry this has taken so long, I have been away for a while. In fact, I am still away, but I just had to type this up - the notes book is becoming very fat! Hope you all enjoy :)
    Thanks for reading!

Chapter 10 pt2 :

Nom Anor inclined his head ever so slightly, proceeding to take one last conspicuous glance around the room. This was perhaps as safe as things got on Sekot, he mused inwardly.

"You will arrange for one of your attendants to meet me here at the end of the day cycle, I will dispatch to them, what is required for our...message, to be presented as an undeniably serious one."

From T'arlann shoolb, there was no sound, so Nom Anor took it as his cue to continue,

"Before this time, you must select four or five prospective candidates, one from each of the castes - those who can lead by example, those who inspire."

It was now that the elderly prefect recovered his previously lost tongue,

"I do not have enough time to-"

But Nom Anor had already raised an accusatory finger, "You will make time, we cannot afford to wait just yet, groundwork is everything at this stage."

Surprisingly enough, the perplexed prefect nodded in agreement, but it was not without it's usual amount of suspicion.

"You sound like you have done this before." He grumbled, and Nom Anor found his palm aching to find the pommel of that coufee secreted upon his person. Yet again T'arlann Shoolb surprised him.

"I understand," He offered, "By the end of the day cycle then."

Finishing with a resolute nod, he waited to hear what the profusely annoying and arrogant one would say next. He was not disappointed.

"I will need only a few things from you in the meanwhile, a private and unused chamber, access to shaping resources and plenty of undisturbed time alone. Unless of course, it is of the utmost importance."

Nom Anor looked on as the prefect growled thoughtfully, shifting his weight from one foot to the other and readjusting that haughty posture of his.

"You were a shaper?" He asked, a just question - Nom Anor could not lie about that much at least, and yet, he would need to.

"Something to that effect." He waved off any further question with an uncaring gesture of his hand, "Can you provide me with what I require?" He asked, diverting.

The prefect wrung his hands in a sign of tension - so the old facades were slipping then? Even with those who remained loyal to the true way.

"There will be limitations, resources are missed if taken in large quantities, but I can arrange for small items to go missing, should you require them."

Nom Anor nodded his horrifically scarred head in approval, and finally decided to conclude things where they stood.

"Then we are in agreement, our talk is at an end, you can show me to the spare chamber now."

Despite the fact that Nom Anor had clearly overstepped the line with his rather commanding request there, it was the prefect's turn to look mildly smug. He clapped his hands together twice and a porthole at the back of the chamber dilated, allowing a spindly, rail-thin attendant, with half-finished red whorls of scarrification upon his cheeks, to enter.
    As he approached, he cast a wary glance in the direction of Nom Anor, but saluted appropriately regardless of the stranger, when he approached the prefect.

"Lai, you will show Yem-zi to one of the empty chambers, I am assigning him to quality control of all resources bound for the shaper damuteks, be certain these reach him before being distributed." - it was the ideal solution to solving two problems and freeing up more of his time.

"Yes Prefect." The attendant intoned accordingly, and began to gesture for Nom Anor to follow him. This was before the prefect spoke once again.

"And report back here at the end of the day cycle,"

"Of course Prefect."

Lai then returned to leading Nom Anor through the still-open porthole at the far end of the chamber.

Domain Skell Worldship, 145 Years ago.

Gooey, vaguely spherical and covered in

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Once again, I have to tell you how much I love the character and plot development you've got going on here! Bravo on a job extremely well done!

=D=

4. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    blue, has to be the best yuuzhan vong related fan fic out there. Plot development, character development, visualizing of the surroundings... awesome. I'm just happy that with your talent you have decided to write the yuuzhan vong. Without this, I'd have to reread the njo. It's nice that you chose to continue the story...

=D= [face_devil]

5. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Brilliant! I am not often a visiter to this part of the Fan Fiction Board as I have little interest in post ROTJ fiction, but this story has piqued my interest :D

My I be put on the PM list please? [face_batting]

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

Thanks, I'm glad you are still enjoying this :D

OMG thank you very much! [face_blush] I am particularly interested to hear what YV fans think of my take on this idea, glad that the response has been positive so far :) Hopefully you won't be disappointed with the end.

Hello thar new reader! :D Thanks muchly for stopping by and commenting :) And for a fellow 'thread killer' of course I can add you to the PM list :D

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Nom Anor shaped the first villip? Very interesting flashback there. Love the depth you bring to the Vong. =D=

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Not the first, but his first villip. That's what I was getting at with Maliia Skell's little jibes - she's so nice like that ;)

And thanks :D, I always wished that some authors could have gone into a bit more depth in the later novels, though those glimpses we did get were pretty awesome and inspirational.

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    No that might be boring

Indeed, not to mention the weird dreams you'd end up writing about :p

I write about them? Seriously?

*sits down and writes* tonight Nom was visiting me ? not actually, strangly enough it was not me since I do not have so dark hair and they are by no means that long. Though as I said it was a dream. ?

Something like that? :p

For the five seconds before he didn't try to kill me, backstab me, generally try the whole one-upmanship thing...sure ;)

LOL

But he ends up that way? [face_laugh]

Well, ? never said differently :p O:)

Yes, not unlike someone else I can think of right now...hark, is that the sound of a TIE fighter I can hear? ;)

*listens closely* yep could be [face_thinking]

Convenient lies are his speciality :D

Like some others :p

LOL yes he could talk his way out of a high security labyrinth with that silver tongue of his.

And there I thought it is cutting sharp :p

I hope so! :D Thanks again, very muchly *hugs* You're reviews are always entertaining hehe.

Finally I had you so long waiting, sorry [:D]

Chapter 9:

In reflection, it had been a drastic and desperate move, to disfigure himself to this extent, such disfigurements were not common among the intendants, who saw it as arrogant and self appreciative to do so.

[face_laugh] how ironic that it is whinny Nom who does it :p

Despite the fact that he was now well enough to be mobile, his joints had been immobilised for so long, they had almost forgotten that they could be moved, and each one seemed to sing it's own song of agony with every step he took.

Oh my dear thong wearing Nom .. embrace the pain you shall and frolic within it :p

"Yes, why would Yun-Yuuzhan allow extolled twins to come into being?"
    This time Shaah smiled slightly, in an expression Nom Anor had not expected, they were a tad arrogant for ones who should have long since been put to death, still, he would listen. Information was, after all, power.

Here he is one to speak, he who cheated death to no end :p

Before her eyes, rotating silently on the holo emitter's axis, was the full holo-scan of a cauterized wrist-stump. Where the hand there was nothing, and the precise nature of the wound told her analytical eyes much - much too much. This was the handiwork of someone who knew how to wield a blade, and not just any blade either, a lightsaber.

Nomy watch out the Jedi found something [face_devil]

"I was unable to reach her via comlink, I am concerned she has gone offworld." Tekli explained worriedly - the young Jedi had been doing a lot of soul searching lately, coming to terms with the consequences of the war, trying to find herself again. As a result she had become quite introvertive, even secretive.

Poor Tahiri :(

Nom Anor schooled his expression from a sarcastic smirk into one of complete seriousness as he stepped in front of the membrane, preventing the Prefect egress.

The older Yuuzhan Vong?s expression darkened immensely,

?You are in my way,
    move.? He demanded, reaching instinctively for a weapon that he was no longer permitted to carry with him.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?All in good time - I know something you may wish to hear.? He offered boldly.

:p
    I am Nom Anor and want your thong [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

The older and more imposing male, slid a doubtful glare in his direction, issuing a growl of dissent.

ROFL !!!!MAGGY DO NOT THINK THAT!!!!! ROFL

?A moment of your time, prefect, nothing more -then, if you do not like what you hear, you may eject me from this settlement, permanently.?

*imagines ?lil Nom sitting in the wilderness* Never :p Never gonna happening :p

Nom Anor had no intention of honouring that agreement, should T?arlann Shoolb wish to seal it, but then he was not sure he could remember the last time he had intended to keep his word on such an agreement.

Hey, do I know this man?! [face_laugh]

Chapter 10[/

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I write about them? Seriously?

*sits down and writes* tonight Nom was visiting me ? not actually, strangly enough it was not me since I do not have so dark hair and they are by no means that long. Though as I said it was a dream. ?

This is beginning to look very familiar [face_laugh]

Like some others

I would never tell a lie [face_liarliar]

Poor Tahiri

Yeah, those journeys of self discovery can be testing at the best of times *le sigh!*

?All in good time - I know something you may wish to hear.? He offered boldly.

:p
    I am Nom Anor and want your thong [face_laugh] cry [face_laugh]

The older and more imposing male, slid a doubtful glare in his direction, issuing a growl of dissent.

ROFL !!!!MAGGY DO NOT THINK THAT!!!!! ROFL

?A moment of your time, prefect, nothing more -then, if you do not like what you hear, you may eject me from this settlement, permanently.?

*imagines ?lil Nom sitting in the wilderness* Never :p Never gonna happening :p

LOL, just.....LOL! [face_laugh]

Hey, do I know this man?! [face_laugh]

Only you and the rest of the known galaxy. ;)

Awesome updates

Sorry again that it took me so long hugs

applause

Mags

Thanks! [:D] and don't worry about not reviewing for a while, better late than never hehe. Thanks muchly for reading!

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Note: I am posting the slightly edited down version of this chapter here, as I felt that the full version exceeded the PG rating limit of the boards. If you would like to read the full version, just drop me a note and i'll send you the link :)
    As always, thanks muchly for reading and I hope you enjoy!

This fic now has a cover, courtesy of the lovely Maggy - thanks! :D

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/bluebutbeautiful/2008-10-10-02.jpg]

oh and 1000th post...woot! [face_dancing]

Chapter 11.

Prefect T'arlann Shoolb, stretched his tired limbs as he lay upon his nestbunk in the dark-quiescence of Zonama's muggy night. He could not sleep.
    He had long since lost count of the time that had passed, for it seemed like half his mortal life. When he was certain that rest had evaded him all together, his thoughts meandered towards the days events.

What had he agreed to?
    A coup of sorts, and it wouldn't have been his first rather, this was an intendants life, you went where the profit was and this new-way, sought to undo all the work of ages. He couldn't let that happen, but was this the answer? Truly?

And who was Yem-Zi? The mysterious shamed one must have thought the incompetent shapers had dropped him on his head during his naming ceremony! He would find out, eventually, one way or another.
    But for now he served a purpose. It seemed both he and the shamed one served each other, a purpose too.

Releasing a long sigh of resignation, he rose as gradually as his old bones would allow him, swinging his legs over the edge of the nestbunk, rubbing the heels of his hands against the sunken-orbits of his eye sockets. No, he was as awake as his mind; sleep would not come this night, so he would make the most of this impromptu way of the gods telling him he should be up and about.

Stepping silently from his chamber and eventually, from the grashal, into the communal gardens of the settlement, T'arlann Shoolb sat down upon a bench fashioned out of hard-wearing bushes, with his personal qahsa and began to enter new information into it by way of thoughts and touch.
    Into the small, oblong-shaped biot, he put all the information he currently knew about this ' Yem-Zi', along with all that he knew in the form of hunches and assumptions pertaining to the Yuuzhan Vong male.

He would have one of his associates look at this come the new dawn, and get back to him with their findings. The old prefect knew with the wisdom of ages, knowledge was power, and he didn't like the supposed-shamed one having the upper hand in this precarious matter.
    Allies they may be for now, but the time would come when one would need to wrest power from the other, he didn't intend to be the losing party.

Eyes rolled back into his head, from the effects of the qahsa's hold on his mind, the prefect never saw the dark-cloaked figure slipping silently through the membrane of the grashal he, too had exited only moments before. Nor would it matter in a moment.

Sekot, too, seemed unperturbed by the ominous figure taking up watch upon a slight raise in the terrain, which dipped slightly into a pan of land full of lush, green tampasii grasses and Boras trees, with only a few structures littering the land. Chief among them, was the spectacularly shimmering yorik coral structure of a temple, aptly named in the honour of the Yuuzhan Vong's new beginning here - the temple of unity.

Scattered around the temple, were smaller noticeable minshals. These were the quarters of the workers, extolled and true caste who wished to work closely on integration; they had been self selected for such an auspicious project and clearly took pride in their shaping.

Such a pity... the dark figure thought, sarcastically, then glancing back at the thoroughly engrossed Prefect - he seemed gone from this world.

Lost in his thoughts as he was, T'arlann Shoolb was abruptly snapped harshly from his devious pursuits, by a single, softly-spoken word.

"Boom."

Tekli's f

12. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Nice, very nice!:D

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, glad you liked it :D

14. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Great update blue!! [face_devil]

Lookin forward to the next update...

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much :D the new one is on the way!

16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    "It was done." he said, "But I must now find a replacement for my attendant, inform me if you wish to explode them also." [face_laugh]

Nom Anor grinned eerily, and watched as the prefect expertly hid his surprise at the change in his demeanour. [face_skull]

And I was worried that Shoolb died 8-}

Nice cover and great update!=D=

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'll be catching up soon, Blue. :) Sorry to be dragging the chain.

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Here we go, caught up at last.

Fascination back-story on Nom Anor making his first villip.

"Then it worked as expected?" He asked, with more than his usual amount of arrogance.

The villip before him tilted forward slightly, indicating that Maliia Skell had nodded in the affirmative.

"Although it looks like it has spent the largest part of a klekket beneath the copious backside of a scrubbing korsk." She responded flatly.

Boy - now that's a bummer after all that work he put in. ;)

And now he's playing off the in-house factions. He just can't help himself can he. He's a pathological survivor, that bloke, and only happy when there's blood being shed - as long as it's not his of course.

Mind you with his attitude, imagine him dealing with the current stock market situation! :D "Boom" indeed.

As you can see i thoroughly enjoyed the new chapters. =D= It's a shame we didn't get to see more about the Yuuzhan Vong in the DN trilogy. I thought the snippet Denning had at the start was good, and would have liked to know more. So being able to read this is extra cool.

19. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

And then he went and spoiled it all, by doing something stupid like exploding things. [face_shame_on_you]

Ah I didn't think about it looking like that, lol well that was a happy accident! - I mean...I totally meant to do that...yeh. [face_whistling]

Thank Maggy for the beautiful cover, and thanks very much! :D

Welcome back :D and thanks, this part was actually recycled from an old, unposted fic, it seemed to fit so nicely I thought I'd throw it in there.

You're right, when there's something to be messed with, you can bet your life on the fact that if he's around, he'll be at the center of it - of course not in person though ;)

And as for the stock market thing... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ai, I know what you mean, that first book in the DN trilogy started off so promising, I understand they wanted to veer away from the Yuuzhies for a bit after such a long series - but now? Now it's pretty much like they have dissappeared back to their own galaxy again and left a few things out of place in their wake :p
    Hopefully, we shall see more of them in the future.

Thankyee very much! [:D]

20. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    This is beginning to look very familiar [face_laugh]

Why is me not surprised? ;)

Only you and the rest of the known galaxy. ;)

So nobody 8-}

Thanks! [:D] and don't worry about not reviewing for a while, better late than never hehe. Thanks muchly for reading!

:D [:D]
    I try to get better with my timing ;)

This fic now has a cover, courtesy of the lovely Maggy - thanks! :D

You posted it :D
    Glad you like

Chapter 11.

And who was Yem-Zi?

Just a tiny piece of his imagination :p

Eyes rolled back into his head, from the effects of the qahsa's hold on his mind, the prefect never saw the dark-cloaked figure slipping silently through the membrane of the grashal he, too had exited only moments before. Nor would it matter in a moment.

Uhh [face_worried]

"Boom."

[face_worried] [face_worried] boom sounds never good :p

There was a growing tension in the force, one so virulent, that the nature around them seemed subdued, waiting with baited breath for something terrible to occur.
    The young Jedi was about to say more when-

"-Ah!"

This a post filled with ? [face_worried] ? of me? :p

The words hammered through Tekli's mind over and over like a demented mantra - What have I done?

Why should Tekli have anything done
    Is it just my mind or am I really confused now :p

"You said our message would be delivered subtly - I hardly call this subtle!"

[face_laugh]

"You pathetic fool!" He snarled, "Sekot will know! This will be traced back to-"

That he wanted he is not a fool

"As you wish." He responded, as if admitting to the crime for the first time, before slipping away into the gathering crowd.

Haha ? he shall keep up the thong stealing business :p

so Tekli found out that there is something not right around the n00b and Sekot does know too ? in a way. Too bad that Sekot can?t sense the Yuuzhan Vong either in the Force [face_thinking]

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That cover art is awesome, Mags. =D=

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    OMGosh Blue! I've finally caught up!!! :eek:

[face_dancing]

Great stuff [:D]

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Excellent chapter! :D I always look forward to reading a new post on this story.

=D=

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Whoo, well where to start? Aside with THANKS VERY MUCH!!! of course [:D]

On the part about Tekli, she doesn't think it is her fault at all, rather she is thinking/feeling what Sekot is feeling and thinking, it's kind of like an immense force projection of emotion. Therefore insinuating that Sekot knows more than the Jedi do on this matter.
    Though I may not have explained that too well [face_blush]

And as for 'boom' - well, that's just the start, but I won't give too much away ;)

Thanks very much for the detailed review mags!

*Stares in disbelief* Who goes there? It's been so long I have forgotten who you are [face_laugh]

Only kidding, thanks very much for rejoining and reading on! :D

Thanks very much and aww...thanks! [face_blush] This one is proving really a lot of fun to write :D

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Note: Well it seems I have caught up on myself and the other parts of this chapter are as yet unfinished. The third and final part isn't actually written yet [face_blush] , so i'll be posting this one in installments as I finish them.
    Thanks for reading and all the encouragement! :)

Chapter 12 pt 1

Huddled against the arching inner wall of the communal chamber, sat Tinuu and Shaah, creche brothers, twins and now, mourners.

Mourning, or rather the correct way to go about it, was something unheard of in traditional Yuuzhan Vong pantheon. The dead were honoured, revered if the cause of death had been honourable. They had passed on into eternal, undeniable glory and those they had left behind could only aspire to do the same, when their time came.
    No destiny was carved in stone.

This did not mean that one Yuuzhan Vong could not miss another, rather that it was dishonourable and unworthy to openly display such emotions as anything other than reverence in an honourable death, or anger at a less than worthy one.

But with the severe hammering those ideals had taken, the foundations of dogma had been shattered into trillions of shards that would stick in the heels of their upholders - each one more pointed a subject than the last.
    And as such, Tinuu and Shaah had little in the way of an idea of what they should be feeling, much less doing right now.

One thing they could be sure of, was the confusion that weighed heavy on their minds.
    Was this end of their new found freedom? Would Sekot spurn them as a result of this terrible occurrence? And more ominously, was this the work of the true gods?

True gods - it had been a long time since either of them had thought or spoken those words, let alone believe them. Could this be a sign of their utter outrage at the actions of the shamed? And that was another alien, heavy sounding term that they had hoped they would never have to hear again.
    It left them feeling bitterly numb, this whole ordeal left them numb - Sae was missing, presumably dead...

-No, Tinuu thought, undoubtedly dead.

"It will be light soon, we should help with the search," Shaah urged his twin, restlessly tracing the cracks in the grashal's chitinous floor.

Every structure within 3 kliks of the explosion had sustained some form of damage - the irony being that the grashals now bore the scars denied to so many of their occupants.

Storms had blown into the region, not long after the initial explosion that had destroyed so much of the temple of unity, bringing with them heavy rains. The fires dampened down to smouldering, slushy ashes, morning had brought with it a rather grim and sombre dawn.

Several Ferroans and Yuuzhan Vong from grashals further afield, had arrived to begin sifting through the quagmire of debris and ash, for anyone who may have survived the catastrophic explosions. Moreover they also searched for clues that may well lead them closer to answers as to what, exactly, had caused this - Never mind who had arranged this, and why.

The Ferroans and those Yuuzhan Vong extolled - who could be considered the most trusted - were keeping tight-lipped about anything they may know already and rumour had it, that a Jedi was on their way with news of their own.
    News from Sekot.

"Search for what, creche brother? There is nothing out there but ash and smouldering bones!" Tinuu began grasping at clumps of his uneven hair, tugging at it painfully in a sign of extreme stress. He rose to pace around the grashal floor.

"The gods, it must be the gods....Sae did not heed the warnings, no Yuuzhan Vong who worshipped at that temple did, and now they are-" He paused, on the verge of hysteria and Shaah was forced to rise and guide his creche brother back to the living carpet of moss upon which they had previously sat.

"The gods? Tinuu, we have found our redemption, Sekot encompasses all that is-"

Shaah fell back, shoved harshly away by his twin as he snarled his contempt for his sibling's views,

"Sekot is not[/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.