main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wel, she was injured in Dreadnaughts of Rendelli, and was broughy back through cybernetics in Obsession from Dark Horse. That may be what you're thinking of.

2. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    Nope. I was told it would be happening on The Clone Wars TV series. Supposedly just like the info that Vos would be showing his face on the show he claims to have seen an early prototype picture of the action figure.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [image=http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/BarrissCoffee6/thisisasajj.jpg]

[image=http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/BarrissCoffee6/thisissavage.jpg]

[face_whistling]

4. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    Wait, the Force can bring the dead back to life now?... wah... Screw it, she's in a near death like state and that's what I'm sticking to. [face_plain]

5. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    My take based on those two pics alone is that the Witches steal all of Asajj's force ability and they are transferring it to Savage Oppress?s body to give him some kinda double strength super force abilities. If that is the case and Asajj survives this it will be interesting to see how one copes in the Star Wars galaxy with the prospect of having all of their force abilities taken from them. She could be left a sad empty shell of a person. I'm picturing her being left in a state a bit like Ursla's stolen souls victims from Disney's Little Mermaid for some reason.

6. fett51

fett51 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2008
    ...Savage's head...magicy stuff...ventress' body. So either she IS him, or she's disguising herself as him.

Since we're talking about preview material, I recall one of the clips from CV showing her arriving on Dathomir alive. So I don't think this is a resurrection.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    The worst they could throw at us is high grade bacta, infused with the blood and stem cells of a monkey lizard, empowered with the magic of the Nightsisters, and with an obscure Yuuzhan Vong living toilet scrubber thrown in for good measure. :p

8. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Ventress attacks Tyranus with a bunch of Nightsisters in her own female body. And I'm pretty sure that this happens after Tyranus left her for dead. Else there would have been no reason for her to attack him. And if Ventress has a Nightsister background it makes sense that Tyranus is looking for replacement at Dathomir. That's how he gets Opress. But it would make little to no sense to assume that either Opress or Ventress are one and the same person, or Opress having Ventress' force potential.

The whole green light stuff has to be something else. Maybe some kind of force sorcery to heal them. Both could become injured in different situations.

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    [image=http://img.listal.com/image/1184635/500full.jpg]

A Clockwork Star Wars???

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Sorry for the double post, but I remember when Oppress was first revealed, they said he was involved in some sort of a plot to kill Dooku by Ventress and the Nightsisters. If Ventress and Oppress are the same person, I think that would be REALLY stupid.

But... if they somehow channelled Ventress's hate for Dooku into him or something to that effect, that would be okay.

I wonder how long this arc is gonna be... they have ALOT to fit into the timespan of an arc... Assajj's failure and disappearance, the appearance of Savage, his slaughter of the Toydarian leadership, his training, his duel with Anakin and Obi Wan, Dooku's battle with the spirits... maybe this will be the Season 3 equivelant of the Senate Spy-Geonosis-Brain Worms arc.

11. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    Or maybe we will finally start getting the week to week cliff hanger serial that partially inspired George to write Star Wars to begin with. I'd like that but I'll also honestly miss the freedom of the writers to jump back and expand on something that they had not anticipated fans taking a shine to if something works well.

I also agree that it would be stupid if Ventress transferred her conscious into Savage in a scheme to get back at Dooku as some sheep in wolf's clothing. I would hate that and it totally does not feel "Star Wars" to me at all.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Hilarious[face_laugh] - you guys created odd theories because trailer showed these two- COMPLETELY DIFFERENT scenes close to each other- watch trailer again you will see two (actually three)different scenes- Ventress being carried by nightsisters (and being invisible) and nightsisters using their odd magic thingy to Opress- VENTRESS IS NOT OPPRESS- NEITHER SHE CHANGES in any clip- changing female rattataki/dathomiri to male zabrak would be too odd even for Nightsisters-

but as usual trailer is edited to look cool but it makes no sense- Opress is seen receiving this green forcethingy in other clips too and here you can see it from a different view- he has blue cloth or pants and he is shirtless... damn Ventress is woman and you can see it quite easilyo_O there is no Opress with Ventress body in any clip or at least in those pics... damn would be too funny[face_laugh]- ventress body and savage head- damn that must be everone's worst nightmare[face_laugh]

Or another way around but there is nothing like that Savage is Savage and Ventress is Ventress- Ventress is never seen receiving that green forcethingy anyway- so changing her abilities is such a theory only Savage is there....

Ventress is probably not dead either she just faints when she arrives to Dathomir (as seen in preview clip) and Witches heal her and Savage is different person altogether- he may have Maul's soul- but Asajj's... damn that's too much even from this show - Force can bring back dead as Qui-Gon learned and even sith spirits can have communication with living through the force- Dathomiri know more about odditites of the Force than jedi but they don't perform sex change operations[face_laugh]

So trailer shows three clips close to each other- ventress is brought to the nightsistervillage,Ventress and her "sisters" are testing their stealthability and Opress receives Witch treatment:p that ventress changing to Opress is illusion created by editing- you cannot see that happening at all- that Opress is Opress from a head to toe there is no Asajj seen in that clip[face_laugh]

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, you have to admit it's pretty strange that Opress has very small horns in that shot...

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I think if Ahsoka has to fight the Nightsisters, the first thing she'll say is, "Wow, nice outfits! Where do you shop at?"

I don't see Ventress's head in the magicy picture though...where they're supposedly merging Oppress and Ventress...into Vopptress.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    No- his big horns are strange thing- not his small normal horns- Maul had similar horns- seems that they somehow boosted his physical appearance making him superior but it's still ridiculous to think they turned Ventress to Opress- i think they may have used their power to disguise her to be Opress -but there is another person Savage Opress for sure- or maybe they brought Maul's soul back from Chaos and created that monster from ordinary zabrak warrior- remember trailer shows many zabraks with normal hornso_O or then there is simply another Zabrak receiving that forcestuff... maybe they test them that way or something...

this voptress thing is just misunderstanding i'm sure- they may do something odd but not anything like that- look at that magic pic- it's Opress with small horns- probably his natural state- later he is seen as humungous monster- nothing points out Ventress would be Opress- it's just bit too odd really

It's Savage's head and Savage's body- you know Ventress is woman...

16. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think I have it all figured out guys, your theories are all wrong. There never was a girl named Asajj. You see Mr. Opress is in fact a cross dresser, he has just been using a forcepowered corset. It all makes sense now, a girl would never have resisted old Bens charm for 8 EU years in a row.

17. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    So you are you saying Savage is a transsithual and that he tucks his lightsaber?

18. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    [face_laugh]

Why are you not the head writer for this show? ;)

19. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I think the green 'magic' is where he recieves his tattoos. I remember in one of the trailers he was lying on a gurney and tattoos were appearing, as he didn't seem to have too many before that. He looked like a normal Zabrak before, and afterwards he had Maul-like tattoos.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well i haven't seen that- but trailer shows us many tattooed zabraks so maybe tattoos are just magical forcesensitive tattoos and they react to that forceburst or something- damn this is so odd- but well at least these forcewitches don't change their form using magicring like that "dathomiri witch" in Ewoks: Battle for Endor- damn that thing is worst star wars ever:oops: those who complain about this series or prequels- haven't seen that for sureo_O As long as Ventress and Savage are different people everything is fine- it is ridiculous claim that they would be the same8-}

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It seems obvious that Savage is under control of Ventress somehow- and part of her plot to overthrow sith- at least Tyranus.... but i'm really interested how this will work out- if that invisible Ventress is not just invisible but actually her forceghost or something- would be very odd- cool but odd- but changing sex and species through the force is too much - so if they will make Ventress body to look like Savage8-} - i think i'm done with this series it's too odd for me- it has to be very well written that it would work..... but i think it's mistake altogether- transferring Ventress soul to Savage's body or something like that may work but changing looks so radically- ugh that's disgusting[face_sick] ... well TFU2 additional material shows us Maulkiller- which is technically child of Darth Maul and Starkiller- well that's gross[face_laugh]

22. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    Really? I don't think it is obvious at all. The notion that Asajj?s soul is driving around Savage?s body like some kinda meat car never once occurred to me until I read that theory here and I honestly don?t agree with that take on what we have seen thus far at all.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    No No- I think you get me wrong- that was just one theory if they just have to swap bodies somehow (i prefer idea of souls being in body for now- no swapping them please[face_praying] i am not saying that theory would be true it was just one theory among others -damn TCW starts to sound like EU if souls are suddenly somewhere else than in bodies -now only cloning is needed and they can show us Darth Maul army attacking Anakin army:oops: - but rather soulchange than sexchange trough the Force[face_laugh] - that's just sick) - i meant it is obvious Savage and nightsisters are not sided with Dooku but with Ventress- preliminary info confirms that Savage is more than just Dooku's pupil- he is part of plot against him....

24. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Again...is it obvious? Not to me. I don't read anything into there being any kind of loyalty or specific connection between Ventress and the Nightsisters beyond them maybe sharing a lose affiliation. The way I see it Dooku is playing the sisters against Asajj not the other way around. My point is that the only thing that is obvious at this point is that the Clone Wars creative team are the only people who know what is going on. Everything else is speculation on our part and we are all probably totally wrong. .

25. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah... are you thinking it could be some flashback to Maul? Or is it some other guy? Or is it Savage who will get magical big horns by the treatment?

I have no idea, really.

It's weird, I'm looking forward to this Dooku/Ventress/Nightsisters shizzle, but the clips of Opress are only pissing me off.