main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Asharad Hett costume complete *critique welcome*

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Forcebewitya, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Wow, that looks pretty good for getting most of your info off of the comics. Sometimes those are the hardest to do, but the coolest when you finally see them in 3D!

Good Job!! :)

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah I love the EU. All my costumes are from it.

Forcebewitya.

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Short & Squat catalog? Isn't that the R2 builder's group? :D

But getting back to this costume: have you considered beefing up the shoulders a bit (not too much)? Maybe some 1/4" thick foam? Might taper down the head thing a bit. Just a thought.

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    they are beefed up a bit. The vest is an altered women's trenchcoat. So it has foam padding in it already. I think the head just really makes it all look like that. I did put foam in the top of the head so it will raise the head up higher letting more of my neck show. I'm really not short or squat I'm tall and skinny if you look at my other costumes you can see that, this costume just has this way of doing that.

Forcebewitya.

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Short&Squat" was ment to be a mild teasing of master-corran-horn. [face_whistling]

Already padded? OK, so much for my ideas. Maybe I'll just shut up now. [face_beatup]

OK, maybe not. ;)

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    lol no, no, I appreciate critique. I was happy with the padding from the beginning to great minds think alike apparently. Like I said these pictures arent the best quality either. I am actually going to do a photo shoot sometime and take a lot of high quality pics. And hopefully the padding in the helmet will help as well.

Forcebewitya.

7. master-Corran-horn

master-Corran-horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    R2? even the ewoks were taller then that:_| (Just joking again) thanks Koohii. I can tell you the secret to beefing up that costume forcebewitya. It's not about adding padding, or weight lifting or eating a bulk building diet. The fastest way to add bulk is..... [face_shhh] (don't tell anyone this secret ) Get married. [face_laugh] That is the fastest method everyone I know has used to bulk up. Getting married seems to have filled out all the loose spaces in my clothes:D.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OK, ok, ok... how about an r4? The ones with the "inverted planter-box" head? They're a little taller than r2s or ewoks. :D

I don't know, getting married has kinda kept me slimmed down. Of course, I've only been at it for a month & a half. And... well, there are other factors we won't go into right now. Depends on cooking & excesize. And stress/tension.

:)

Hawaii is a wonderful place to relax. I highly recommend it.

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    LOL @ both of you. Yeah well Lord willing I'll still maintain my physique after I get married. I really should work out though[face_thinking] I've been meaning too just too busy and too lazy to be brutally honest. Costumes would be the main thing motivating me though.

Forcebewitya.

10. master-Corran-horn

Sep 4, 2005
    I hope you can force. I've had a time with my fitness starting around the time I was corresponding with my wife. You and koohii would have to e-mail me to get the whole story. Sufficite to say I really had my ups and downs while trying to meet her and then get my wife to America. The part about buying her from her owners is the worst part of it. Physical fitness was the least of my worries by that point. Hey man you said you had done other costumes, got any pics of those? And are you planning to do any more alterations to Asharad?

11. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Umm the only other alterations that I am going to make to A'sharad is put some lenses in the eyes. and sew the tabbards so they aren't so think.

As for my other costumes I'll put the link for my whole gallery of costumes here: Enjoy *I only have one other SW costume, corran Horn actually ^_^ so I'm sure You'll appreciated that one, and also my Leon Kennedy costume from the video game Resident Evil 4.

and also I am planning on doing a Grievous costume (Kaleesh Warrior) before he was a cyborg. Here is the only pic I've found of that.

[image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/6/64/180px-Grievous_original.jpg]

and here are my other costumes

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=36766&cat=500

Forcebewitya.

12. master-Corran-horn

Sep 4, 2005
    Hey man, those are pretty cool. I'm going to have to get me another digital camera. I lost mine in a kayaking incident. If I could swim, I might have gone after it.:_| If you are going to ask why I go kayaking if I can't swim, let me just say "I've never let facts, reason, logic, or common sense get in my way when doing something that looks fun." [face_laugh] Of course that might explain all those broken bones, trips to the hospital and why when people who know me hear me say "that looks like fun" they step wayyyyy back.[face_laugh] You know, I'm not joking about all that.:confused: I may have to think about that.

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    heh, thats ok its good to be a risk taker sometimes. Yeah I actually still dont even have a digital so all those pics cost me a lot of photo developing money *tear*. I'm going to get one soon its just they're a lot of money and there are so many things I like to buy instead.

Forcebewitya.

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I'm really happy with my Nikon CoolPix 990. Any camera that lets you count the hairs on a bug's leg on "low" quality setting has a lot going for it.

"But this is STUpid"--Vila
    "When did THAT ever stop us?"--Avon

15. master-Corran-horn

Sep 4, 2005
    This is starting to look like the Forcebewitya, Koohii, and master horn thread:D [face_laugh]

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    heh, yeah I was thinking that myself. Thats ok, maybe someone else eventually will come across it since all this talk is keeping it on the first page. I'm glad that my costume has sparked such discussion :D

Forcebewitya.

17. master-Corran-horn

Sep 4, 2005
    Well, back at work, checking out our thread,[face_laugh] . I have a metal lathe I'm trying to get the garage fixed up so I'll have a place to use it. After I figure out how to use it, (I just haven't had a chance to use one of these yet) I've taught myself how to use lots of equipment. It's only cost me two hands, a foot, an eye, six ribs, and the leg that had my good foot on it.:D I'm just joking again. Ok, back to the thread. If you get a chance forcebewitya, and you can find a good clear photo of Asharad's saber, send it to me and I'll mill it out for you. All I'll charge is the price of the metal, shipping, and shipping to you. If you go to onlinemetals.com and look up 6061-t6 aluminum tubing you can see how much it is. Just a note, I can't do this for everybody. This is just so I'll get some practice with this thing and it seems me, Koohii, and Forcebewitya have got a thing going here.[face_laugh]

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Me? I'm just adding smart-assed comments and generally being a pain. ;)
    I see no reason why someone with something actually useful to say can't join in.

I have a couple of action-figure diaramas (tatooine, cantina, hoth, deathstar, cloud city with freeze chamber & 4 landing pads, rebel RotJ briefing room, Yavin4 ceremony hall, couple more) that I made out of foam-core that I'd like to redo in wood, but my wife doesn't want me using the tablesaw and making a mess (out of the garage, driveway, or me!). In light of other recent developments, that sort of project has taken on a whole new lower priority.

None of this has anything to do with costuming or Forcebewithya's work.

I should probablly shut up now, but insomnia does bad things to people.

19. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    mysterious dbl post

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Don't worry about it Koohi, at least people are still posting on my thread thats all I care about lol. But yeah thanks for the offer master_corran_horn. I'd seriously consider that we'll have to keep in touch I have made one saber by myself, but that was a custom saber. Asharad's is obviously unique to him, I'll look for a good close up pic if it comes to it I can just scan one from the comic that I based this entire costume off of. Right now however I'm just going easy on costume stuff since I just dropped almost 1,000 dollars on 2 costumes in the last 6 months. oy...and I should start saving for my second semester at college.

But seriously I'll look into it and get back to you with a PM or something.

Forcebewitya.

21. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Its a great costume to see in person even when its scaring little girls ;)

22. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    lol quite you! yeah, I felt bad I couldn't take off the mask since it was getting caught on my glasses and then she was afraid of me.

Forcebewitya.

23. BenduShmendu

BenduShmendu Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey great get up, did you paint the tattoos on your face, or did you leave the mask on?

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I just leave the mask on. my hair isn't right for taking the mask off so I dont bother with the tatoos I wanted too though, like I said earlier maybe in the future.

Forcebewitya.

25. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I just got some new pictures of my costume from Filmcon here in madison some are taken with my girlfriend Michelle as Jaina Solo.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=27457&member=36766

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=30444&member=36766

Forcebewitya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.