main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Asset Tracking - Cataloging named capital ships in canon (List Updated 3/19/21)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Jun 27, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The New Republic troop transport Rieekan appears in Bloodline. Leia and Casterfo conduct an inspection of it. Whether or not that means Carlist Rieekan is dead is open to interpretation. We don't know enough about New Republic ship naming procedures to know if they name ships after living people. The United States Navy does from time to time, so there is a real world precedent.

--Adm. Nick

2. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  3. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    FFG isn't canon though. X-wing, Armada, the RPGs, ect. have all sorts of Legends ships and characters like the K-wing or Corran Horn.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    Yes you are correct, I just put it here since it was listed along with all the new canon vessels on the wiki meaning someone has some info that may point to it being canon.

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    While it's always possible that something like Leia's command of the Mon Karren could cross over from Legends to canon at some point, I don't think that's happened yet in this case. What's actually going on is that Wookieepedia has an ongoing problem with being too inclusive in the sources it cites as canon, which in this case is an FFG press release. No harm, no foul, it's just something to be aware of when using the Wook. [face_peace] Like JB said, nothing from FFG is canon at this point.

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    There are some great names in FFG's Armada (both pulled from Legends and newly created), but as others have said they are not canon. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hoping that great names like Defiance and Independence get re-canonized in the future, but they aren't yet. However, with awesome authors like Jason Fry and Dan Wallace working on various new canon media, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get back into canon. I'm still holding out a lot of hope that the upcoming Rebel Files brings a few back!

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    If you want you can include the Arquintens class light Cruser Maurader from the recent Rebels episode.

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Updated! I was very pleased to get another named Arquitens-class light cruiser (which has truly become my favorite Imperial warship), plus Marauder is a great Imperial name.

This episode highlighted how easy it is to drop in names for ships. I hope we see more of this, plus it expand to other media.

--Adm. Nick

9. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    Very true of the 6 destroyed, 2 heavily damaged, and numerous other Arquitens class's we've seen most are never named and the same goes for the Star Destroyers such as the 2 Destroyed so far this season!

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

No, Wookiepedia admins/contributors don't understand FFG aren't canon and apply the wildly drunkenly silly lense to all FFG stuff.

11. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017

Yeah I got that now, I'll be more vigilant in the future. I just get so excited about new ships and stuff you know

Ender Sai likes this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Hey a thought just popped into my head about the Redemption, the Leia novel alludes to it being a Nebulon B that was stolen; well that's possibly the Redemption. We hear that several of the Imp crew where part of it being stolen by the Rebels. The name Redemption makes a lot of sense if it was helmed by former Imperials

13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

vncredleader likes this.
  14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I was re-reading Twilight Company today and noticed I missed a Rebel ship. It is the Sixmoon, a warship of unknown type that was part of the Rebel flotilla that the Thunderstrike and Apailana's Promise linked up with briefly after Hoth.

List is updated!

--Adm. Nick

15. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017

Great Catch!

16. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    Can confirm the MC-80 that Iden Versio is on in Battlefront 2 is named Invincible Faith, it's described as a Rebel security Cruiser

17. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    Also a Star Destroyer the Eviserstor

18. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    At one point in a very small area of space there are 5
    MC-80's at Endor, so and confirmed at least 4 still active after the Battle searching through the debris etc

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Interesting names, thanks! I'm assuming the spelling of the ISD is actually Eviscerator? I'm digging that name of that MC80. A warship named Invincible Faith perfect for Rebel/New Republic ships.

--Adm. Nick

TheRedBlade likes this.
  20. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
    Indeed it is a fitting name, also your are correct on the spelling. The ion cannons on the MC-80's are very effective and seem to be the primary weapons on them, pretty interesting configuration ad well.

21. Fire Dog

Mar 1, 2017
  22. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    It also includes another ISD called the Dauntless. This one is an ISD-II, so I'm not sure if it's a separate vessel from the one in RO which was an ISD-I or the same one with an upgrade. It might be worth making a note of, since multiple ships with the same name is far from unprecedented.

23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

It'd almost be commonplace with 25,000 ships in the Imperial I and Imperial II-classes to name. So far most Imperial ships are single word names... with the exception of Pride of Tarlandia.

24. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Could be that the Dauntless started life an one of the early ISD-1s and was upgrade/refit to an ISD-2.

25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014