main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AT-PT WIP

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by the_dig, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_dig

the_dig Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    SciFi3d needs an an atpt I think ;) so I have a WIP here

I concentrated at the feet at the moment... but they are also far from finished, yet. The cockpit still needs the most work (no details)

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atpt01.jpg]

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Very cool!

3. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Cool so far. Needs textures!

-Matt

EDIT: Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come off as anal. I mean, I really like it, and it's going along great. I was just more curious as to whether there were already textures or not. That's all. Sorry to sound harsh. I do that from time to time, I don't mean to.

4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Slow down Matt. He said he was just working on the feet for now. I was thinking to say it needed alot of details but I read his message and he knows this already and is just working on the feet for now.

My question is... what is this? I've seen this thing before. So it's a ATPT. "personnel transport" ?? But it doesn't carry personnel. It's too small. Usually that means you have 6-12 troopers inside. If you want any real comments you should post an image of your reference. That's the only way to make a good critque on anything.

5. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    it think its Patrol Transport (excuse my spelling)

6. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    I ask myself why it is called: "personal transport"... There are only 2 pilots in it...
    But I don´t think this is my problem. I like the design and I think it´s a smaller version of an at-st. (I loved to destroy them in Rogue Squadron) :D

- There are no textures/materials -

Edit: "Patrol makes much more sense"

7. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    AT-PTs were around during the Old Republic. They're the precursor of the AT-ST, or the AT-XT, I forget which. I always forget whether the Katana Fleet incident was before or after the Clone Wars started...

8. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    I want as much critique as possible => so that I can make it better (if something is wrong). That´s why I post the WIPs here...

So here are my best REFERENCES (Zoo mentioned). They differ very strong so I have to make a mix of these + some own ideas (back, downside, top)

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atpt_ingame.jpg]
    [image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atpt1skizze.jpg]
    [image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/ATPTblueprint.gif]
    [image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/swiatpt.jpg]

Here are some information about imperial walkers (of course also at-pt) for ZOO ;) :
    AllInformationYouCanEverNeedAboutImperialWalkers
    (And: Yes it is "All Terrain Personal Transport...)

(Also I meant: that I concentrated at the whole "(Lower)LEGS" in my first post - not only the feet) (...A translation mistake...)

9. SevenJedi

SevenJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2001
    i like it, and think its coming along quite nicely, i tried this one a while back, but could never get my feet to look good, so i gave up

can't wait to see more

10. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

Lookin good.

I remember blowing up a bunch of those in "Roque Squadron PC"

11. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Update:

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atpt02.jpg]

Now the legs are ready (except the part between the first and second joint (hip)) - I think

If somebody miss details he should say it...

Now I make to the engine- and cockpit-area.

12. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    Awesome! That's looking great. Very detailed. Render it with some GI. ;)

13. SevenJedi

Oct 20, 2001
    seeing yours makes me want to go back and redo mine :)

14. JinxKatarn

JinxKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2001
    Lookin' good, Dig...are you planning on adding the little wiring details onto the upper thigh?

15. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Hmm... I'd say... before you did anything else try to make it more like the 2nd image http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atpt1skizze.jpg

I like this one the best. IT has a long body to it which could accomodate alot of troops. It looks the best too I think. But it's really a diff. design than what you are doing now. The legs appear to be even more elongated to go along with the longer body. The seem more detailed too Maybe it's just the drawing. DAMN.. nevermind. That thumbnail was WARPED a bit. I still like the looks of it better that way tho.. Hmm... This is definitley not a "personnel transport". It's basically an early verison of the ATST. The ATAT carries troops and equipment. In the modern day army... I guess these are like the Humvee's with the guns on top. They are support vehicles for the ATAT.

I'd say on the main round joint at the hip.. make a few more bevels there. In the refs. it actually is made up of many diff. rings. Some of the other things you did are just diff. Not better or worse, just diff. kinds of details than the refs. But they're good.

Not gonna say much about the body b/c obviously you are still working on that. Just keep adding details to it.

16. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    @ Golden-y: Thanks, I also like your AT-ST ;)

@ Katarn: Yes, I make the cables - That´s THE ONE detail which is missing at the legs at the moment)

@ Zoo: Yes - in my opinion it is only a smaller at-st...
    And I use the (white) blueprint as my MAIN-REFERENCE - and make of course some own details. The shape of my at-pt fits exactly to this blueprint...

17. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Ok. I was looking at the thumbnail... which was stretched a bit. But I liked the way it looked better. I could see 20 troops in the back of it like that. But after clicking on the link I saw that it's just like the other refs.

18. SevenJedi

Oct 20, 2001
    i don't think the at pt is carrying troops at all, just the pilot. sort of a personal tank. check out the essn guide to vehicles. more powerful than ground troops, but useless against anything else

19. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    I think Lots were doing a very detailed at pt, don't know what happened to this one

20. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    I remember that. This one's coming along very well though, I think. I usually neglect to open up the thumbnail images unless I REALLY want to, so I assumed you were doing a low poly model earlier on. (That's why I commented on textures.)
    Looks like you may have something though!

-Matt

21. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    hehe yes i was... i got kinda side tracked.. as i usually do :p

but all that needs finishing on mine is the cocpit.. which i plan to fiddle with after my current project.. which ill show after i finish a bit more of it :)

can check it out here

EDIT: Btw ur model is lookin pretty good keep it up :)

22. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Update:

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atpt03.jpg]

:eek: Hm- the details are not finished but I think it won´t be as detailed as Lots at-pt...
    My model has (will have) the details from the references (- and many more)...

23. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    I love those Brazil render shots Lots...ooh, that sounded like a pun [ouch]

I wonder what this would look like Brazil rendered...

-Matt

[Okay so this guy walks up to this other guy and asks him to make a pun, the guy asks "u-'pun' what subject?" The other guy says "The king.", "Bah" Said the man "The king's not a subject, he's the king!"]

24. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    brazil render?? :p

hehe

25. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Both of These Models are amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.