main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

At the Homestead (Lars family, Anakin/Padme - Ep. II)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ami-padme, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Very well written, a-p! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Owen and especially Beru deserved a little more attention! :)

I'm only sorry that I got here so late. ;)

2. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    *applauds*

A lovely, bittersweet end to an amazing piece, a-p. I'm sad to see this finish, but also incredibly honored to have been able to experience reading as it was being written.

He had a silly, sentimental impulse. To wish Anakin luck, or some other such nonsense.

This was just...heartwarming. And so Owen.

I loved that you explained the takeoff delay and how the Lars's took it. I've always wondered about that after the film - how did they feel as Ani took off - and I thought you crafted a realistic and touching answer. I especially liked how Owen knew what Anakin's anger could turn into - it was an interesting play into his character, and also toward what we'll see in ANH.

*sighs*

I'm going to miss this.

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *sighs*

That was short and quite beautiful, a-p.
    Owen's belief in Anakin was wonderful and bittersweet, considering what happens in ANH.

I really hope you write more solo stories. :D
    *SHAMELESS BEGGING*SHAMELESS BEGGING* ;) :D

4. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    terrific story!

5. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    That was so elegant and lovely! Wonderful wrap-up for a classic piece. Would that Lucasfilm's novelizers had half your talent.

6. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Dang, I missed a post again!

You post too quickly, a-p! ;)

I loved these last two scenes. It always bothered me in AOTC that they don't say goodbye before leaving, and this fills in that gap perfectly.

And what you wrote about the closure Anakin's visit gave everyone... you're absolutely right. As horrible as it was, it was indeed a closure, for the Lars and for Anakin.

Wonderful story.
    Sreya

7. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Can't wait for the next one!

8. Synthesized

Synthesized Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Wow, this is just a fantabulous story. I'm totally stoked to have found it. Rock on, ami-padme! Many kudos. I don't know where to begin, but let me just say, I'll be reading this one over again real soon...

9. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    I just wanted to thank everyone again for all your wonderful comments and observations throughout the story. I really enjoyed all of your thoughts, and I very much enjoyed writing and posting this. :D

After some editing, I'm going to start archiving it and sending it to various places...and once that's done, I do have some other story ideas floating around in my head, so I'll get around to starting some of those.

Again, thanks all, and I look forward to more comments... :)

10. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay, a post! :D

I loved it! [face_love] What everyone was thinking about when Anakin and Padme were on the ship was perfect! :)

Excellent job, a-p! :)
    ~*Monica*~

11. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Can't wait to see your story hit the fanfiction sites, ami. :)

12. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    I'm allowing myself one shameless up for this story. ;)

13. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Eh, you're entitled.

I agree with Sreya - it was nice to see some sort of goodbye scene with the Lars. (I'm actually glad something like that was left out of the novelization, because it left room for a better quality version of it to be done here. ;))

This story was a great pleasure to read, a-p - thanks for posting it. :) Definitely looking forward to any new stuff of yours.

14. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    This wasn't exactly what I'd call a pleasant visit for him. And he's got those damn rules to worry about anyway." Cliegg shook his head. "It's too bad. I wish I could have done something more for him while he was here."

:_| Wonderful.. I loved that line in the last post.. wonderful foreshadowing..of Owen's taking in Luke. YOu have a great talent.. I hope to read more by you..

:D

15. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    It's over? :eek: No! :_|

Fantastic story! How about a sequel covering the Lars and Luke before ANH? ;)

16. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
    Wonderful, simply wonderful. Looking forward to more stories from you in the future.

17. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    Just upping this so it can be found. :)

18. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Forgive me for the self-promoting bump... :)

I've put my story on my site, on FF.n, and SOTJ. And I've submitted to a couple of places, so hopefully it'll be up on those sites soon.

Just wanted to let people know. :)

19. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    I like the edited versions very much, a-p. (I went to your site.) Excellent, excellent work. :)

20. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.