main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Flea was Needles in BTTF 2 and 3. He’s earned it.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    "I do not stand by in the presence of evil"
    While I'm definitely psyched for the movie, that one line seems so cliche. IMO it just deters from the story to the movie itself. It's something you might have read in an old Superman comic from the 1940.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU -

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    This looks really good! I've been watching a lot of Godzilla films this year, so this will definitely be one I see on the big screen.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He had a small role, alongside RHCP's Anthony Kiedis, in The Chase as well. Actually, that film had a lot of rock star cameos- Henry Rollins had a large role in that one too.

BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm guessing you were hoping for a more Wreck It Ralph representation of the character?

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    His catalog of small roles also includes The Big Lebowski.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also known as “what the character looks like”.

Apparently Sega didn’t like what the movie did with Sonic’s eyes but the filmmakers ignited them. :/

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    If Sega who made the character doesn't like the choices made to the design that doesn't bode well...

Juliet316 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I liked the way Detective Pikachu and the other Pokemon looked when integrated into the "real" world compared to how he/they would looked digitally in a video game environment. Sure it doesn't bode well when Sega is already voicing doubt with the director and artists. I wish Hasbro would have been more vocal during the first Transformers movie but maybe they didn't have a leg to stand on or they supported all the alien looking changes, I'm not sure.

While the poster is worrisome, I want to see him in action in the first trailer and if it's a good story then hopefully it'll be a good movie. No one liked cell shaded Link when Wind Waker first came out, but now people love that game. (Personally, I've always enjoyed it even before the HD version.)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    IGN says that the production team “opted to go for a more realistic take on Sonic than the more cartoony version we’ve seen in the past.” This includes giving Sonic fur, and changing up the eyes according to executive producer Tim Miller:

“I don’t think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, ‘It’s going to look weird if we don’t do this.’ But everything is a discussion, and that’s kind of the goal, which is to only change what’s necessary and stay true to the rest of it. He’s not going to feel like a Pixar character would because I don’t think that’s the right aesthetic to make it feel like part of our world.”

They supported it- IIRC, the Bayformer aesthetic was based on an unproduced toy line concept Hasbro had. And they were happy to push something that looked different from their other lines. The robot designs actually looked slightly better as toys since they had to simplify the look.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Speaking of Anthony Kiedis, I'll always remember his appearance in Point Break, the template for The Fast and the Furious flicks.
    [​IMG]

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Is the new Sonic movie going to be an origin story; or just a story that takes place beyond what we're familiar with the games?

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    If her first acting career ever hits the rocks ...

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    No one proofreads anymore.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Pretty Woman 2: Backdoor to Hollywood?

[​IMG]

Diggy , BigAl6ft6 and Bilbo Fett like this.
  18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    just saw a trailer for Holmes and Watson - god it looks really dire , and usually they can make a decent trailer out of any old tosh .

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @gezvader28

That has been the thing with Will Farrell moves IMHO. Either they are hilarious or awful, not a lot of middle ground. The first Anchorman is a classic. The sequel was absolutely horrible overall.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only Will Farrell movie I appreciate is Megamind; but I've never gotten enough incentive to see the Anchorman movies. I do like his impression of Harray Caray though.

Looks cool, but chances are I'll probably pass on seeing it in the theaters. I have yet to see a Godzilla teaser/trailer that surpasses this classic from the '98 film.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Will Farrell non-"Will Farrell" movie worth a look "Stranger Than Fiction".

22. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Megamind? I saw that and I must say it's a rather forgettable movie. Interesting concept of a villian story to superman, (the hero metroman was the best part), but really wasn't funny or just...enough I guess. I don't know what it was missing but it was

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And you never will.

PCCViking and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It wasn't about the humor that got me into the movie; Jonah Hill was just as funny in it as Will Ferrell was, maybe funnier. It's just the story concept itself. It was kind of unique.

25. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    The concept was intriguing that's why I saw it. But I don't know, it felt slow and just missing a piece.