main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Movie theaters opened way too early. I've been enjoying my time during this "reopening" period, but I'm fine with not going for the rest of the year.

Master_Lok likes this.
  2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    A dire sign: Greenland is delaying it's US release from Sept 25 to Q4 sometime. You might be asking, what the hell movie is Greenland? A movie who's domestic box office was never going to be high to begin with.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Theater chains are gonna have an awful hard time getting through the end of the year - maybe even through the rest of the pandemic :(

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Certainly not now. It's a gritty end of the world comet movie. No way in hell it does well now.

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Almost time for Disney movie theaters

DarthMane2 likes this.
  6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Forgot some of the festivals were still happening

This is a much talked about film out of the events

Nomadland

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Dagobahsystem and heels1785 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    International theatres need product, studios need to admit that US theatres are a loss and just release films internationally (Tenet got a whopping 7 days release before the US I mean who cares). concerns about piracy of crummy cam bootlegs and "spoilers" are fairly irrelevant and small in scope.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I wish A24 would mention something about when we might see The Green Knight. Sure, I could open the role playing game and try to find spoilers, but...

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Oooh yeah I was super excited for that one.

10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    So is Mulan as “Meh” or bad as they say?

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Tom Hardy rumored to be next Bond

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    they gotta get the next Bond flick out first, no way they name a successor Bond before the last flick. As for Mulan, I quite liked it but I may just be started for widescreen big budget action after 6 months. Probably that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I went to Tenet. I really wanted to see it in IMAX, so I braved an early in the day screening. I'd say there were eight people in a probably 200 seat theater. I kept my mask on the whole time and felt pretty safe. I doubt I'll go again for anything because it doesn't look like anything worth the risk is coming out any time soon. But I definitely really wanted to see Tenet in IMAX; glad I did. It's a heck of a movie. Better than Inception. By quite a bit actually. Not entirely sure where it stands in my Nolan ranking, but I think it's most similar to Inception and, as I said, quite a bit better.

PCCViking and Princess_Tina like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Tenet is probably my least favourite Nolan movie in awhile but it's still at least very very good.

Oh and also for Mulan, it's definitely the best Remake of the Disney catalogue in recent memory, certainly has more pep to it than Lion King or Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin. They added some superhero/Star Wars flair to it to compensate for the lack of Eddie Murphy talking dragon probably. But it's definitely a more dynamic version than the last few Disney remakes.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Topic 1:
    Per Regal's Facebook page,
    https://www.facebook.com/RegalMovies/

We are increasing our fresh air intake by 50%-100% above normal levels to help circulate more fresh air throughout auditoriums. Learn more about new health and safety measures: https://regmovi.es/reopening

I wonder what the quality of air intake was pre-pandemic. What was the standard? 25% fresh air? 10%? Less?

Topic 2:
    Anyone plan on going to see ESB 40th's anniversary when it's back in theaters starting this Friday? I heard it's the original 1983 version.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I saw the ESB release, it's the Blu Ray digital version not original. But it's still freaking Empire Strikes Back!

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Village Roadshow and WB Parting Ways.

The Australian distributor, which basically has handled almost all Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line releases in Australia and New Zealand for over four decades, was notified that its current contract to handle the theatrical releases of Warner titles will not be renewed beyond its expiry at the end of December.

Roadshow Films’ parent company Village Roadshow Limited announced the shift in a Monday filing to the Australian Stock Exchange. Theatrical distribution of Warner’s films in the region are instead expected to be handled by Universal Pictures from the beginning of 2021, including titles such as Matt Reeves’ “The Batman”.

The end of this partnership is part of a much larger reshuffle and realignment going on within WarnerMedia group as it streamlines its various divisions, eliminates production capacity and puts greater emphasis on its HBO Max service.

The separate home entertainment distribution contract also expires in December, but Roadshow hasn’t indicated if they’ve received notice of that cancellation as well. The license deal between Roadshow and Warner Bros. in the theme parks business, which includes the Warner Bros. Movie World theme park on the Gold Coast, remains intact.

I imagine there would be a degree of wanting concession smells, like popcorn, to linger- like how they vent scents in theme parks to encourage food sales. Which would result in some level of fresh air intake limitations.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    China might hated it but Mulan is crushing it on Disney+. I read they have added 9 million subscribers who signed up just to stream it.

And I think we can safely say that Boys for Life is going to win the domestic title this year while The Eight Hundred would win the worldwide one. Who had that to start the year? The odds would be about the same of that happening as you get two Royal Flushes in a row, 42 trillion to one.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't been to the movies since I saw Tenet before Labor Day weekend. That's....probably going to remain the case for the rest of 2020.

Luke02 likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm thinking Bond'll probably come out since it's more of an international franchise than a US franchise.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I would agree with you except it seems like the second wave is about to hit Europe and most likely they will be facing some strong lockdowns until the end of the year therefore I think @I Are The Internets is correct and the last time anything big really comes out was Tenet. Just a messed up year.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I saw it at Shankweiler's Drive-In back in July, as part of a double-feature with "Black Panther". And I saw ANH at TD Bank Ballpark last month. I was kind-of hoping somebody would schedule ROTJ soon.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn, this cast!

Princess_Tina likes this.