main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Roughly two weeks until Green Knight's release!! We're finally almost there.

Master_Lok, Darth_Foo, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Congrats on having your own opinion. I still think it’s odd to have rapists court side in a kids movie.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Amusing, though- it feels like something the filmmakers included just to see if they could and whomever it was that was checking character rights clearances never saw ACO or was unaware of what ACO was about, so it got through.

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    who were the rapists? I'm assuming your talking about the the actor not the character? two different things for instance I don't like Johnny Depp and Kevin Spacey and Tom Cruise as people but I love there movies! I mean there are a ton of actors who are Trumpers and support the attack on the Capital even though innocent cops died and innocent military died but I still watch these Trumpers movies...

@The2ndQuest what's ACO? Besides the fact I don't know what ACO is I just got new glasses after my 40th Birthday on June 5th I even got Invisalign Reader Bifocals my eye sight is really good now! I didn't see anything offensive in the crowd. I think this is stretching it over analyzing it...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The kitchen sink approach WB IP to Space Jam: A New Legacy is actually a benefit because it is absolutely shameless and tasteless raiding of the toybox. I mean, they straight up put them in Casablanca in an iconic scene and Rick and Morty show up. At a certain point I actually started to admire it being so brazen.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I watched a YouTube video of someone who attempted to identify most of the Easter Egg cameos in the movie. One of the interesting references was the
    DeLorean from Back to the Future; which is actually a Universal movie.

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge will play Marcus Brody’s daughter in Indie 5

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    no different then Ready Player One!

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's pretty obvious that SJ2 took that gag from RPO figuring that it'd be a hit among the nostalgia types. It was more show than anything else in the latter movie, though.
    What exactly were they there for; they already had an audience by getting all of LeBron's followers zapped in.

11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    With all due respect to the production team, I don't understand why they're making this movie, beyond the monetary motivation.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd like to see a prequel movie about the Jones' dog; the real "Indiana". Heck, they could even call it, "Indiana Jones"...period.

13. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    It's certainly different. The 80s and 90s pop culture stuff in the OASIS had an impact on or affected the players in there.

What is the point of having Granny be in The Matrix or have a guy in The Mask costume be behind the bench?

BigAl6ft6 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I think Spielberg and Ford genuinely love Indiana Jones and enjoy making the movies, and want to go back to that world again and try to make another one of their favorite movies. I think there’s a desire to go out on a stronger note than KOTCS, too.

I don’t know that it will be good, but I don’t doubt the intentions of the core team.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    In fact, I just watched it again. Saw it the first time in the theater, but I currently have a Hulu subscription for some reason, so I decided to give it a second watch. Just as good the second time.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A Clockwork Orange. Alex's gang are in the crowd (and were even visible in the trailer).

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  18. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Rob Zombie Shares Lily And Herman Concept Art For The Munsters Reboot

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The2ndQuest and Gamiel like this.
  19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    We saw Herman wear similar sleep wear on the original series.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I hope the entire movie is just the Munsters in the tone of that scene introducing the Myers family in the Halloween reboot.

God, that movie was foul.

christophero30 likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, I just watched I Care a Lot.

There's a great movie in that premise if you do it right. Spoiler: they didn't do it right.

Eiza Gonzalez remains like the most beautiful woman in the world though. Even with what I suspect was purposely intended to be a de-glamorized look. You can only do so much to make a goddess look like a normal human being. Messy hair? Not gonna cut it. I guess she's with Timothee Chalamet at the moment and if they have children, the world will probably implode from how good looking they are.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    New Ridley Scott dropping!

25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Phrasing!